New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

There's a few parts of the video where male robin doesn't have the levin sword either, and instead has the bronze sword. I get the impression the levin sword probably works with a durability thing too, and so they give you the bronze sword when you don't want to worry about that eventually breaking. I can't help but wonder if they'll have different swords too, aside from just bronze and levin.

Posted

Watch the end, chrom is clearly the final smash. The two of them beat up someone in a flashy manner

Posted

You know how everyone was feeling yoinked when conker showed up in the end trailer for that one game like "HEY NEW CONKER GAME LOL PSYCHE?" Because that's me right now.

Lucina and Robin being playable is still great though.

Posted

Lucina has marth's side b and up b btw

Posted

I loved that reveal, even though I don't know anything about FE.

ALSO: This may be nothing, but on the character list on the site, there are four blank spaces. They're gray squares that would hold the character's pic and name. Could be nothing, but I hope there are more to come.

Posted

Good question. What four characters do you suppose haven't been announced yet?

Posted

Ness and jigglypuff dunkass

Posted

I think so far, it's Wolf, Falco, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Wario, Lucas, Ice Climbers, ROB, and Jigglypuff who are all missing. Also Mr. Game & Watch hasn't been confirmed really either. And Squirtle and Ivysaur probably aren't coming back. I wouldn't know who would return, or if the four empty slots mean anything.

I don't care if Meta Knight or Wolf don't return. Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff and ROB are all unique as characters. I personally don't get excited about them, though. I want them to return, but whatever. If I had to pick four: I want Falco, G&W, Wario, and Ganondorf to return.

Posted

If I had to pick four from whom you've mentioned? Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Wario, Jigglypuff. Wolf and Falco, much as I love them, aren't much more than just clones of fox. I have the same opinion of Lucas for Ness. Meta Knight I am not married to, even though I would not mind Meta Knight, G&W, and ROB all making a return. I sincerely doubt squirtle and Ivysaur will come back too.

Posted

Falso users are insufferable so his lack of a return would be a relief. :x

Really, when I hear "competitive Smash Bros favorites" the Star Fox gang immediately comes to mind, which is a shame because I like to see Fox and co. get representation over, say, Kirby (no offense he is just way overexposed). But yeah, mixed feelings about less Star Fox representation, good feelings about a possible booting of Falco.

Posted

Nah man, they'll keep adding more and more Kirby characters as the series goes on. One day literally half the roster will be Kirby characters, both major and minor. It's gonna happen just accept the reality Knuckle...

really though since they are biased towards Kirby, I totally thought of a neat idea for one of the Assist Trophies from the series (they are still in this one right). The painter girl from the N64 game, uh, Adelaide? Something like that? Double can correct me if he checks this thread. She had a cool gimmick of being able to paint anything and have it come to life, and gimmicks are the lifeblood of Smash Bros! SO. it'd totally fit in. it'd be random whatever she painted like, any of the items, hordes of dumb kirby monsters that attack you. etc etc. It'd be cool is what I'm saying.

Also, returning characters I'd care to see return: Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, ROB. Maybe Ness/Lucas (not both though, if they're just going to be clones again) as well I guess Mother needs someone there to quell it's loud fans... I feel like if they brought Ganondorf back they'd probably manage to make him even worse than before, somehow. Other than those three though I wouldn't really be that miffed if none of the remaining "legacy characters" made a re-appearance. The current roster is pretty varied anyways.

T1g, PrimaGaga and pheonix561 like this

Posted

If ganondorf was Windwaker HD ganondorf it would be really awesome

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I feel like the roster is less varied than it was. It's a generalization, but I feel like they're going with like "cool" characters. Or characters that 13-year-olds think are cool. There are a bunch of "tight" Pokémon and a bunch of sword guys. Maybe just my imagination. I feel like Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers being left out so far means that the roster is lacking in cuteness

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I agree that Adelaide would be a cool assist trophy. Now that I think about it, I also agree that they're just going with the "cool" characters. Leaving out jigglypuff in exchange for geninja is a great example. You might be right.

Posted

Pacman is not a cool character, and besides, jigglypuff is totally still going to be in puppy you guys