New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I got a Kirby amiibo. I didn't plan on buying any, but it was really cute. The amiibos feel high-quality, especially Kirby. He's this dope, matte plastic material. I noticed the distinct lack of diversity in the roster so I named him Nguyen.

I was gonna get Peach, but she didn't look as good. And I didn't want to get an amiibo of a character that I play or will play. I also thought Kirby would be a good doubles partner because I play Jigglypuff. I mean, it will look cute, I don't know if it will be a good combination. It is kind of cute trying to raise the little guy. Like watching him grow and try these dumb combos lol. My friend and I were playing and I had Nguyen on my team. Like 2 vs 1. I felt responsible for him, like he was my special needs cousin or something and I was bringing him to hang out with my friends.

I think it'd be fun to have an all amiibo tournament. It would be like dog races or something. It would be for the smash bros elite only, and probably on a yacht.

Do you guys have any amiibos or have any interest in them? I'm waiting for Olimar– I think his will look really cool. And Mewtwo :o

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
Sahaqiel and Michael like this

Posted

I got a Kirby amiibo. I didn't plan on buying any, but it was really cute. The amiibos feel high-quality, especially Kirby. He's this dope, matte plastic material. I noticed the distinct lack of diversity in the roster so I named him Nguyen.

I was gonna get Peach, but she didn't look as good. And I didn't want to get an amiibo of a character that I play or will play. I also thought Kirby would be a good doubles partner because I play Jigglypuff. I mean, it will look cute, I don't know if it will be a good combination. It is kind of cute trying to raise the little guy. Like watching him grow and try these dumb combos lol. My friend and I were playing and I had Nguyen on my team. Like 2 vs 1. I felt responsible for him, like he was my special needs cousin or something and I was bringing him to hang out with my friends.

I think it'd be fun to have an all amiibo tournament. It would be like dog races or something. It would be for the smash bros elite only, and probably on a yacht.

Do you guys have any amiibos or have any interest in them? I'm waiting for Olimar– I think his will look really cool. And Mewtwo :o

The only thing I hate about some of the amiibos are the ones that have the ugly post going into their butts. DK sits on what looks like an iceberg, tropical freeze I guess?? And the post Link has is yellow and not clear like the original amiibos shown.

Oh well, they're still cool to have.

Posted

Yeah it looks like Donkey Kong is putting something up his butthole. The poses are cool and dynamic, but yeah the rods/support things are weird sometimes. Fox has a rabdomly blue one. Not a big deal but yeah I agree.

Posted

tumblr_nfilxjTe461qadqfco6_400.png

tumblr_nfilxjTe461qadqfco5_400.jpg

tumblr_nfilxjTe461qadqfco1_400.jpg

tumblr_nfilxjTe461qadqfco2_400.jpg

tumblr_nfilxjTe461qadqfco4_400.jpg

tumblr_nfilxjTe461qadqfco3_400.jpg

Posted

I got a Marth one. Named Mooth. He was trained by people good at smash bros. He does shit like risky meteor finishes, edgeguarding, and run up and grab

Also little Mac is 4'8", making samus a whopping 19 inches taller than him

Posted

my nephew, who doesnt even know how to use a control stick, killed me with mega man's final smash. I didn't even notice he grabbed the smash ball.

my nephew is terrifying

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

haha T1g lost to a child

Posted

Average mega man fan

Posted

well, i didn't lose because it was endless smash and we weren't really trying that hard. but he did actually get me with a final smash. if i noticed he had the smash ball i would have let him hit me, mind you, but i didn't even see him grab it

Posted

Coming-Up-Short.jpg

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

EDA I LITERALLY POSTED THAT LIKE 2 PAGES AGO. IT IS WHAT I USED TO OPEN THE LITTLE MAC X SAMUS THING. YOU ARE LOSING YOUR TOUCH.

when you tweak the gamepads shoulder buttons though it works fine

also, apparently since Snake is out of the picture, it is now common to ship samus and little mac together (ever since the little mac trailer)

tumblr_nfbifzI4Xl1tkmg1uo1_500.jpg

I have -1 problems with this

Cassandra likes this

Posted

I wasn't paying attention, I ate entirely too much thanksgiving food and was ready to pass out.

Posted

yes but this was posted before thanksgiving

tumblr_nf1yarp51E1rtflsno1_1280.jpg

ATONE FOR YOUR CRIMES, YOU PIG IN HUMAN CLOTHING

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

From playing it last night, I'd say Robin is probably my favourite to play as so far. I've played Smash on and off for years, and only last night did I find out about dodging and using a shield. There are no friends in Smash, and nobody is going to tell you how to play it either.

The place I was playing it was a gaming club set in a bar, and there was 8-player smash on two different televisions. I was on the casual side, and came in last 90% of the time.

I thought it was hectic already, but 8 players is bloody insane. Glad I don't usually hang out with that many people at once.