Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"What dog is best for you" test

21 posts in this topic

Posted

So I've just been dicking around waiting for a dog to happen, and since that's probably not going to happen in the next five years or so, I decided to take a test that I found that suggests the best dog breeds for you depending on what you are looking for in a dog. This is not a cats thread. Cats are idiots. Get a dog. Talk about dogs. Lets all talk about dogs. Dogs dogs dogs.

Here are my results, under the spoiler, omitting the first two results (Labrador Retriever and Golden Retriever) because they were puppying obvious that they'd be my first results.

1. TOSA:

Japanese-Tosa-apo1997.wordpress.jpg

I honestly would not know what do do with this dog. Apparently its really rare though and generally only bred in japan and there's a bunch of legal restrictions on owning one so.

2. LEONBERGER:

Leonberger.jpg

Pretty sure this is another mountain dog but apparently it's accustomed to warm climates? Weird. Cool, also. It's also ridiculously friendly. So that's great. It's like an ovcharka except it can be in the heat! Also I think it has the same strangers problem. Which is to say it eats them.

3. IRISH WOLFHOUND

10002d1246112793-my-irish-wolfhound-pupp

Basically what I'm looking for is a dog that can eat you. Also it's fantastic with kids. And it will hunt smaller dogs on it's own if you're not careful. Which is pretty great. But then again, they only live about seven years and die pretty quickly to bone cancer. Dogs dying from bone cancer sucks, in my experience.

4. NEWFOUNDLAND

tumblr_m6i8naNxgg1qcoc6y.jpg

"Gentle Giant" Obvious choice (Also famously good with kids so thats something)

5. FINNISH SPITZ:

spitz.jpg

I think this is actually a breed of a dog that teto likes maybe? I can't remember.

6. BLACK RUSSIAN TERRIER

black-russian-terrier-32.jpg

I actually don't know anything about this dog other than that I get kind of annoyed by terriers generally so Idk

7. CANAAN

tumblr_m02ze1Fte01qasb3jo1_500.jpg

So majestic probably!!!

8. NORWEGIAN BUHUND:

220px-Norwegian_Buhund_600.jpg

what the puppy is this adorable little shit

9. NOVA SCOTIA DUCK TOLLING RETRIEVER

nova_scotia_duck_tolling_retriever.jpg

What does this gorgeous motherpuppyer have against ducks???

10. CURLY COATED RETRIEVER

curly-coated-retriever-dog-photo.jpg

Actually I'm fairly certain all of the options i have been offered hate the puppy out of ducks

Yeah talk about dogs and stuff. One day I want to get a dog that is really big and good with people/strangers and adaptable to climate because I don't know where I'll be in five years. But, dogs. Are you dumb and like tiny dogs? Or do you want great big cool dogs that are cool?

(Also I have put thought into getting a doberman because they're smart, adaptable, not tiny, live longer than seven years, and aren't as aggressive as they used to be)(Also I have put thought into getting a great dane just throwing that out there)

Posted

Guys talk about dogs with me

uazwsTm.jpg

T1g likes this

Posted

I don't need no test to know I'm a golden retriever person :P

Posted

I took that test and it said my ideal dog breed was Cocker Spaniel, which is clearly a gross misspelling of Shih Tzu 

4-up+on+10-14-12+at+4.42+PM+%25233.jpg

Photo+on+1-10-13+at+11.39+PM.jpg

LOOK AT HOW CUTE MY DOGS CAN BE.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

>not corgi

Posted

Fourth place, funny enough. Can't remember the other two. Wait, yes I do, since the tab is still open. It was an english toy spaniel and a papillon. The spaniel looks like the devil and the papillon looks adorabus.

Like, look at how UGLY AND ANGRY THIS THING IS,

PnmKqKb.png

Either way, the face on this doggy, holy goodness. It also said corgis are hard to come by? I didn't think they were that rare? People seem to have millions and I saw two or so in a local pound or shelter that my sister showed me. I don't think it was a pembroke welsh corgi, though, so that may have something to do with it.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted (edited)

This is my best fit lol. Look at this smug asshole.

maltese.jpg

The second best dog for me is a Basset Hound, which we already have.

basshoun.jpg

Edited by °ᵕ° (see edit history)
pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

AustralianTerrierpuppyRouxP1030603.JPG

Fitting

Posted

Ignoring the obvious Retrievers,

Hovawart

dog_hovawart_lg.jpg

Alaskan Malamute

alasmada_large.jpg

And, my personal favorite, Samoyed

samoyed_large.jpg

Oh my god that coat is just the best I want to pet this dog forever

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

those three all scream you, t1g.

i have a guess as to what my top result will be. time to take the testtttt

Gordon Setter 88%

Bouvier des Flandres 88%

Australian Shepherd 87%

Golden Retriever 87%

Brittany 87%

um. gordon setter i um.

gordon-setter.jpg

no matter how luxurious this coat looks, i hate how it looks on this dog. the short-haired ones look ok though.

and Bouvier des imnevergonnarememberthename

250px-Ygor_Raiza.jpg

it looks a lot like a kerry blue terrier. i knew one once. not a bad dog, but i hate how their fur is cut and such. short curly fur is just a huge turnoff for me.

aussies, what the hell are you doing in third?

changed a couple settings (said i wanted to be friendly to strangers and not do professional grooming)

Golden Retriever 86%

Australian Shepherd 86%

Norwegian Buhund 81%

Labrador Retriever 81%

Bearded Collie 81%

really, though, i already basically knew what kinds of dogs i prefer. herding dogssssss (though i picked appearances based on the face of the dogs in the picture). ive grown up with herders, though, and i love my aussies to pieces. a laid-back aussie(s) and a bunch of cats.....gonna have to sleep in a king-sized bed.

Posted

Brittany Spaniel master race

This is basically what our dog, Molly, did for years, except she was even more excited and vocal. She would just about tackle people and lick them all over and it was adorable eeeeeeeee

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

All the best dogs are the dogs that greet you at the door like OH MY GOD YOU'RE HOME I THOUGHT YOU DIED

Now I'm not going to say there's a best breed of corgi, buuuuut there's a beset breed of corgi and its the half husky kind.

TwoBreedsInOneTheCorgi-Husky-55423.jpg

tumblr_m0l6p5Xq3l1qao0upo1_500.jpg

horgi.jpg

Corgi-Husky-Mix-2.jpg

Posted

I saw a German Shephard/Golden Retriever mix once and if it was not the most beautiful combination of the two dogs we used to have

D_SheltieMix_Ziggy2_JoeMoreno_3-29-2010.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I would recommend mixes over purebreds. Live longer, and they tend to be smarter. I love dogs, because when you have a really good dog, it doesn't feel like a pet, it feels like a mute person who gets really excited all the time

T1g and pheonix561 like this