Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LEGO Movie Announced

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm actually pretty surprised this hasn't been done yet, considering all the lego stop motion animations you see everywhere:

Yeah okay so it looks like generally every other kid's movie that gets put in a theater, but,

I'm still definitely gonna see it for certain opening night

Also I guess this can be a lego stop motion video general thread

Posted

:D

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

This looks like it will be the biggest blockbuster of the decade

pheonix561 and DR SHRUBBERY! like this

Posted

Children flocking to the theaters in droves. All the crying toddlers you could ever want, need, or handle.

Yeah, not going opening night. But I'm definitely going to see it. Look pretty cool.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I like how the film is presented and from what I gather of the premise it sounds as good as it'll get for a LEGO based movie. Displeased about the cliché love interest introduction. That was probably the most kids-movie-esque thing in the trailer. She probably tragically betrays protag in the end but goes against her master's wishes because she's in love with him now, while the protag is clueless to her treachery the whole time.

Posted

Pure trash, as I said elsewhere.

One of the good things though was that it actually retained some illusion of stop-motion-like animation in places, and the LEGO people don't bend out of shape in a way that normal LEGO people would, except in their facial expressions, but that really can't be helped without tearing huge chunks out of the quality of the animation. Good style in general. I liked how the fire in Batman's flying thingy was moving around in a very stop-motion way to show it moving. The style of the animation just wins a lot. Shame it's pure trash otherwise.

Posted

I might see this cause i like a lot of the actors are great, like Chris Pratt, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman and others. Ugh, I mean I guess.

Posted

Yeah, I sincerely doubt the plot will be any good. Honestly, it looks like it's going to be very, very much like Wreck it Ralph. Jumping around back and forth between lots of imaginary worlds and making friends with a girl (adorable in ralph, cute in this movie) who turns out to be not what she seems in a part-of-the-plot way. And a fuckton of pop culture icons for you to easter egg yourself at. And really uppity theme background music. It's pretty generic, and probably the biggest "buy our merchandise" movie I've ever seen, even moreso than anything mattel and he-man/my little pony and hasbro ever did. But I'll still probably watch it because lego.

Posted

I think the only movie concept worse than this would be "Dubstep: the Movie"

Posted

Well it's a good thing this is cheesy house remix of Take On Me: The Movie.

Posted

You probably won't even hear that music in the movie anyways. I mean, the Wreck It Ralph trailer had that godawful Flo Rida song, and I didn't hear it at any point in the actual movie.

Posted

I was just joking, lol. I'm well aware that trailer music doesn't normally make it into the film.

Posted

You probably won't even hear that music in the movie anyways. I mean, the Wreck It Ralph trailer had that godawful Flo Rida song, and I didn't hear it at any point in the actual movie.

you probs shouldnt dis music when you listen to a lot of J-Pop lol. 

Posted

I don't care if other people like it, I just don't like it personally.