Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I have been emotionally affected by the music in this TV advertisement and it angers me to be manipulated in this way.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Like that goddamn piece of shit LEGO movie advert. You know the movie will be trite, but they throw in cliche advert stuff like quiet opening with srs stuff, then funny thing, then dance music and "this will be funny all the way through" and then MOVIE NAME and then funny thing, the end.

I think this is the best parody of trailers I can think of (well, probably not made to have a go at teen comedy trailers, but it's funny so whatevs)

Kony 2013 is also the prime example of motivating people using cheap tricks.

This thread can be for general shit that advertisers overuse to sell their shit.

Additionally, the chin down, eyes up pose, because I do like this video, and it's a funny observation.

Thank you.

Dark_One, pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

You take that back about LEGO movie :sadlink:

Posted

No. I will never take it back about a movie whose trailer ends with a goddamn love interest introduction and all "oh look how gawky and obnoxious the main character is". The only funny part was the Batman part, and even that was just a parody of another franchise, which is all these sorts of movies will ever be valuable for.

Meanwhile I go off and get swept up with the excitement for another movie trailer and think "this will be so good!" except it actually will, and my excitement comes from being actually entertained by the trailer and what I know about the movie, rather than cheap tricks.

The difference here is that while watching the LEGO movie trailer my thoughts were "woo this music" and "what an obnoxious pile of trash". It was the trailer for The World's End by the way, which will be good because the trailer was actually entertaining in more ways than just "lol it's LEGO, what a nostalgia blast! and also there's pulse-pounding music playing in order to pump me up and motivate me to enjoy this trailer".

Posted

(can we take the lego movie discussion to the lego thread please? Because I agree that its probably going to be a garbage movie in terms of plot, but its lego, so I'll still probably watch it)

Posted

lol, that is actually a really great parody. Upbeat music, with cutting the audio low for any punchlines, then bringing it back in to more wacky shenanigans, is a super overused thing in movie trailers. As for the LEGO thing, unless a director of a children's movie really presses hard on the advertising department, and cares enough to do so, there probably aren't going to be very interesting, clever, or I guess you could say, very good lighthearted movie trailers. Movie ads don't exactly have the highest standards to cater to.

Posted

I really like this thread. I will post am example later.