Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I Love that Movie, but.........

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Everyone has favorite films. But as good as your favorite film is there's always one thing, one scene, one line of dialog, one plot element that ever so slightly tarnished an otherwise perfect film. 

This is your judgment free zone to vent.

I love Back to the Future 3 but......you figure a guy who built a Time Machine out of a Car would have the scientific knowhow to distill Gasoline from Crude oil

I love The Amazing Spider-Man but....How can a guy with precognitive Spider Sense get hit by a stray bullet

Posted

I love lord of the rings but how the puppy did aragorn so perfectly discern down to the minute detail exactly what happened to pippin and merry when they ran off into the woods being chased by orcs in the middle of an orc/rohan rider showdown. Just. Aragorn. That's not puppying possible. Even for a ranger. Shut up.

Posted

I love star trek but Transwarp beaming.....really? Site to site transport is one thing but beaming people from a planet to a ship at full warp kinda defeats the purpose of Star Ships.

Posted

I love The Dark Knight Rises, but why did Lucius Fox say "nothing like a little air superiority"? How did he know Batman was weaving missiles and stuff? Fox was underground staring at the reactor room's monitor. This is at the climax of the movie.

How did Alfred get info about Bane and Ra's al Ghul? Did he just like google it? And Bane and Ra's al Ghul aren't necessarily names that you just casually google. How did he know how to spell them? Is there a website that lists underground mercenaries?

Why were no waves created by a nuclear explosion over the ocean? Gotham would have been destroyed by waves shortly after Batman saved the city. Or at least the coast would have been severely damaged

John Blake said, "this bomb is a time bomb". Not really a mistake, but incredibly awkward.

These aren't even the most glaring mistakes in a movie. There are so many more that are more obvious.

Posted

I love the Avengers but super heroes aren't real

Posted

I liked Man of Steel but holy jesus can we please have a Superman movie that doesn't drag on forever

that was one of the most flawing parts of Superman Returns (from what I remember) and they did it again ffff

Posted

Man of Steel was weird but enjoyable overall. I feel like the sequel will be worth watching.

Posted

Yeah, I think it would be, kind of like the first batman movie. Batman begins or whatever. That was kind of a forgettable movie, a little bit. I think most people sort of forgot about that movie after it came out for a while, but then the next movie, with the joker and all, that was the one that made everyone really excited for the third one. I think The Dark Knight was the best part of that trilogy. Man of Steel will probably be the same.

I loved loved LOVED the prestige, but how the fuck did nobody notice the giant pile of hats outside the tesla estate for oh so long? I mean seriously. Don't they have any groundskeepers or something like "hey mr tesla I noticed this giant pile of hats were you looking for these or something?" Or maybe somebody else from the town comes by and is like "woah weird look at all these hats HEY TESLA WHATS UP WITH THESE HATS?" Jeez. They didn't really need to draw that tension out between Tesla and Wolverine like that. Sure it was dramatic at the moment, and it's still enjoyable, but it was just kind of goofy in retrospect.

Posted

The town was pretty much closed down. It was a pretty rural area of Colorado.

Remember? The driver of Angier's coach said that there's not Antony around to take Angier to the inn. The town of Colorado Springs in the movie was pretty dead, according to the statement made by the driver. And the hotel guy even said "you're our first guest of the season". Also, Tesla's land was gated off to keep people out. And even if someone did see the hats, I doubt they'd be able to reach Tesla.

Posted

Okay, but even then, he just saw them on his way out. How did Tesla and Gollum keep missing them every time they went outside?

Posted

I liked Man of Steel but why the heck did Supes not give a crud about obliterating like 50 skyscraper buildings with people in them as he was fighting Zod? Sure he got emotional over one family and he saved girlfriend and one worker, but wow at least in Superman Returns, he had a few shots where he looked at the crumbling city forlornly and lazered some debris falling from the sky when he was in mid-flight. 

Posted

In The Ironman Rises, why did Tony go through the trouble of assembling those unrealistic homemade weapons? I mean I get that he was supposed to be getting back to his "mechanic roots" or something. But he takes out like three guys with his ghetto weapons, and then abandons the weapons soon after. Tony then gets a gun and shoots people. But like... Why didn't he just get a gun in the first place? Again, I get that him building the weapons was meant to invigorate him an stuff, but I don't get why he'd revert to a gun shortly after.

Also, why couldn't he call his dozens of armor suits at any point in the movie?

Also, it's not satisfying that Tony's heart issue could have been solved the whole time by surgery. And Tony isn't even shown curing Pepper of the Extremis. She just is cured in the end.

Also, I feel like Harley's part in the movie was out of place. It wasn't as terrible as other examples of hero an kid bonding. I think TV Tropes calls it "petting the dog". But like he didn't really learn anything from Harley. It was just an attempted cute moment.

SilverAlchemic likes this