Undertale

72 posts in this topic

Posted

tumblr_mndm8ln1381qipzzwo1_r2_1280.png

Undertale
is a game that you haven't played yet because you're an idiot!!!!!

Nah, it's a game written and programmed by Toby Fox, who you may know as "the guy who does a lot of the homestuck music" if you pay attention to homestuck. It also generally plays exactly like the team that makes the interactive homestuck games also made this game, so I'm pretty sure some of the other guys on the homestuck team are working on this. Andrew Hussie, however, is not involved. Just in case you were wondering. So in case you ever liked any of Toby Fox's music that he made for homestuck, expect that talent to be featured here heavily! Because he's in charge basically.

It's an RPG! A fun one. I think so. And you have decisions and stuff. And it's coo coo crazy. And fun. But literally the most important thing about it and the whole reason why I'm mentioning it is it's for pc, sure but it's ALSO FOR MAC. AND THAT IS A BIG puppying DEAL for me.

However, it's only a demo right now. But there's a kickstarter for it up right now, and it's already at nearly 300% with 28 days still left to go! And the reward tiers are looking pretty cool, too. For example, as of this writing they've recently passed 14k, but if they beat 17.5k they'll get Magnolia Porter to do the monster designs! Which is pretty cool if you know who Magnolia Porter is(The Cartoonist behind webcomic Monster Pulse). She's cool and you should like her and read her comic if you like the monsters in this game. Plus she named one of the chapters of her comic after a really great Tom Waits song, and she's a big Tom Waits fan, so you might as well just send her an email offering her your hand in marriage. Here's some monsters I picked up from her website in case you're sort of wondering what you'd be getting into with her designs but you're too lazy to actually click the link I provided you with to go to her website:

distant_lands_by_MagnoliaPearl.jpg

And there's probably gonna be other really really great kickstarter tier things too that haven't even been named yet because I don't think they anticipated getting this much money and attention for their project so its probably gonna be like "at 200k we'll develop this for the wii u!" or something.

Anyways, it's a pretty great start to a pretty fun game, and it's lookin good, and you guys should play it because it looks fun and plays fun and is fun, and give them money and buy the game so you can play the full thing when it comes out.

And if you reeeeaaaaally want to,

We can talk about all the different endings you can get for the demo! HOOOO BOY and remember: the first ending you get is your personal canon one! Also I have no idea where to find all the different endings so if you know where to find them I'd like to find out.

Posted

TL;DR

also, i downloaded it.

Posted

Undertale is a game I haven't played yet because the download for the demo stopped with like 1MB to go yesterday and I just quit. I'll download it again now though.

Posted

Its really fun. It only took me half a second to DL? I guess the net is good here.

Beat the demo, it was fun. I look forward to the full game.

Posted

Its really fun. It only took me half a second to DL? I guess the net is good here.

Beat the demo, it was fun. I look forward to the full game.

My home internet is pretty rubbish yeah, and I'm pretty far from the router in my room. So it probably just disconnected briefly near the end of the download and messed it up. Worked this time though. I'lllll play it sometime.

Posted

oh, that stinks. Ah well, i'm sure you'll enjoy it, Teto. Seems like your kinda thing.

Posted

Phanny

what ending didja get

Posted

i killed the teacher lady and the credits rolled and i exited the game to go get food. So i dunno if there was more beyond the credits.

Posted

Guys come play this

Posted

Seems like this is finally relevant again

Posted

I have heard exceedingly good things about it

Posted

let us be clear that this game is perfect

Posted

THIS GAME IS A 10/10 MASTERPIECE

Posted

I really, REALLY wanna play this ugly game