gHOerP7.jpg

2r9m4zH.jpg

So did any of you guys play this game

Because I wanna talk about it but only if you guys have played this game

Posted

"Were any of you present while the game was playing itself?"

なべ and T1g like this

Posted

Yeah, that's something I can understand people being upset about. I read a review that put it nicely, saying "As a game, it leaves you wanting, but as a piece of multimedia, it's intriguing." It's really just a cgi anime with some game elements. The story was really what you might expect alongside, say, Gurren Lagann, but the art and it's execution was still probably my favorite part about it.

I haven't really read up on this yet, but somebody compared it to an artist named Ken Ishikawa? And then posted some manga pages. I'm referring to a post on tumblr that made this comparison. But I can still see what they're talking about, I mean, look:

tumblr_mo62foyhdS1r0pluso1_1280.png

tumblr_mo62foyhdS1r0pluso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo62foyhdS1r0pluso4_1280.png

What I'm saying is, if you told me this game was based off this guy's art work or whatever manga these images are from, I'd believe you.

Posted

Can I bring up something else? From the comic

Do Americans really get hung up over tipping? In Australia it's basically a thing that only happens for extraordinary service, but I see on the internet people that thing they're...entitled to it? It's just weird.

Posted

It's a big thing, yeah. You're supposed to tip your waiters and waitresses. Though, in the comic, he was portrayed being at a McDonalds or something, and you typically never tip those people at the cashiers, so. Don't get the wrong idea!!!!!!

Posted

Yeah, but still, why /should/ you tip waiters? I mean, I'm happy to tip someone who has given good service, that's what a tip is for. But being expected to? A lot of waiters and waitresses are shit.

Posted

Yeah, but still, why /should/ you tip waiters? I mean, I'm happy to tip someone who has given good service, that's what a tip is for. But being expected to? A lot of waiters and waitresses are shit.

Most restaurants in the US pay their servers well below minimum wage (one of my friends makes $3.95 an hour and minimum is $7.75). It's expected that you tip at least 15%, though 20% is even better. If you want to tip more, you absolutely can. And, of course, you don't have to tip, but there's a big problem with not tipping.

For one, like I said, they make well below minimum wage. They may be relient on tips to pay bills or buy groceries. Restaurants are supposed to pay them what they don't make in tips (to add up to minimum wage), but this often doesn't happen. It's illegal, but restaurants get away with it. 

Also, a lot of restaurants pool their tips. As in, everyone has to give their tip to a collective, then they're evenly distributed at the end of the shift. Which is bullshit, by the way, but they are legally allowed to do so. 

So what it all comes down to: you should really tip regardless of service quality simply because not doing so may indirectly ruin someone else's night/week. Tip more for better service. If you refused to tip, someone may not be feeding their child that night.

All that said, I'd rather the government mandate that restaurants HAVE to pay their employees minimum wage when they're hired and do away with tipping altogether. Only tip when you feel the service was deserving of one. That's how it should work.

And not all jobs are even allowed to accept tips. Most fast food places don't allow tips. My current job as a teller doesn't allow for tipping (though I make well above minimum wage, so it's not such a big deal for me).

Posted

So what it all comes down to: you should really tip regardless of service quality simply because not doing so may indirectly ruin someone else's night/week. Tip more for better service. If you refused to tip, someone may not be feeding their child that night.

All that said, I'd rather the government mandate that restaurants HAVE to pay their employees minimum wage when they're hired and do away with tipping altogether. Only tip when you feel the service was deserving of one. That's how it should work.

That's the issue, it isn't the consumer's responsibility to ensure the person is being paid fairly. It goes into this cycle where people tip because they feel obligated to, because the employees aren't being paid fairly, the restaurants don't pay their employees fairly because they know they can get away with the consumer doing so for them, and it just goes in this circle where the only winner is the restaurant.

Posted

Right. I just don't see any good way of solving the issue short of bugging my congressmen for hours on end each day.

Posted

I worked in a drive thru that sold beer and was constantly tipped. I have no idea why, my service and tasks werent even on the same level as a waiters, but people were super generous. My friend also used to work at subway and was constantly tipped too, which makes much more sense than my job, granted. 

Anyways, i suppose its partially just part of our culture. Tipping shouldnt be a big deal to customers, but it deff is a huge deal to those waiters. At least in the US.

Posted

I punish people who don't tip

Posted

HEY GUYS WHAT'DJA THINK OF ASURA'S WRATH

Posted

It's Dragonballz on crack

Posted

yes I agree it was great in a dumb but great way

over the top manly violence is my favorite kind of dumb but great

Posted