Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Asura's Wrath

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, that's something I can understand people being upset about. I read a review that put it nicely, saying "As a game, it leaves you wanting, but as a piece of multimedia, it's intriguing." It's really just a cgi anime with some game elements. The story was really what you might expect alongside, say, Gurren Lagann, but the art and it's execution was still probably my favorite part about it.

I haven't really read up on this yet, but somebody compared it to an artist named Ken Ishikawa? And then posted some manga pages. I'm referring to a post on tumblr that made this comparison. But I can still see what they're talking about, I mean, look:

What I'm saying is, if you told me this game was based off this guy's art work or whatever manga these images are from, I'd believe you.

Ken Ishikawa created Getter Robo, which was the primary influence for Gurren Lagann. If you like all of those things you should really watch the Getter OVA's, not armageddon though, or read the original. The art is amazing for its time, and pretty damn good today. Nit to mention its the most famous trendsetter for combining robots.

Posted

I'm currently looking for reliable torrents for either Neo Getter Robo or New Getter Robo. I decided I wanted to go with New just because I don't really know why, but I am(which one should I start with?). Finding a good torrent source is hard though. By which I mean nyaatorrents and animetake don't have it, and I haven't checked anywhere else yet.

Actually, it might be about time for me to finally watch NGE for once in my life.

Posted

NGE is a super snooze fest. I cant get through a single episode without falling asleep. :<

Posted

Asura's Wrath was definitely a fun thing to wiki through, but Idk about actually playing the game...

Posted

Yeah, like I said, it's hardly a game. It's more a multimedia thing. The "game" isn't even hard, even the final boss fight. If they come out with a sequel I hope its really challenging.

Posted

I'm currently looking for reliable torrents for either Neo Getter Robo or New Getter Robo. I decided I wanted to go with New just because I don't really know why, but I am(which one should I start with?). Finding a good torrent source is hard though. By which I mean nyaatorrents and animetake don't have it, and I haven't checked anywhere else yet.

Actually, it might be about time for me to finally watch NGE for once in my life.

New and Neo are both good. New tells a story loser to the manga except with Oni instead of dinosaurs. Neo vs. shin is a bit shorter though and its not a bad intro to the series either. Both should be on Bakabt

Posted

is no one really going to comment on the videos i posted

Posted

they were long videos, I haven't watched them yet

didn't you actually say something really snarky when i proposed the possibility of asura showing up in that universe and fighting game

Posted

what the puppy are you talking about? No where in the video does that happen

Yes, I said Asura does not belong in Street Fighter as a character, because Asura is not from Street Fighter, I then said that Asura DOES belong in Marvel vs. Capcom, because he is a Capcom character and is a perfect fit.

Posted

I dont watch videos from my phone, so idk it this is in the video. But I heard that you can fight Ryu and either Ken or Akuma, I think.

Posted

yeah in Asura's wrath there are 2 silly streetfighter crossover episodes, what pheo is going on about is that he thought Asura should be a playable character in street fighter

Posted

IT COULD HAPPEN

Posted

I just watched the videos. They are exceedingly silly. Like how they kept breaking the moon cliff thing and then breaking it back into place and back again etc.

Posted

the joke was that this takes place after the fight with Augus, where he cut the moon and made that cliff, and then Ryu just punches it back in place

how thoughtful of him

Posted

Or like, when he's fighting Ryu, and suddenly they're like "hey do this wicked combo" and you just button mash lol