Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pacific Rim [SPOILERIFIC]

35 posts in this topic

Posted

pacific-rim-poster-banner.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DABGdvCOs4

SO HOW MUCH DID YOU GUYS LIKE THIS MOVIE?

WAS IT A LOT?

Lets talk about this! Lets talk about the music and the actors and the mech designs and the references/callbacks to other movies and series and stuff! What did you like most about the movie? Personally I can't stop thinking about the designs and design choices they made. Especially with cherno alpha, I liked that design a lot. But I'm not going to go into that right now because if I start I won't stop. I will, however, probably end up buying the art book for this movie because I mean wow???

But yeah get in here and talk about this movie with me.

Posted

1. Don't touch me.

2. Don't touch me.

Day9 and Gold Shoes had some of the most funny scenes. If anyone didn't watch after the first set of credits, Gold Shoes cuts his way out of the small Kaiju that ate him.

Honestly, besides the story, there's not much wrong with this movie besides the fact that Russia and China got shit on. They got 4 minutes of screen time and then got obliterated. According to my friend who read some threads on 4Chongis, apparently there are stats on-screen at points that show the "power level" of all the mechs classified by power, defense, and utility. America's has the lowest rating and kill score of all the Jaegers. Russia's has the highest defense, China's is just all around amazing. Point is, Russia and China shouldn't have been beaten in 5 seconds.

Oh, also, WHY DIDN'T THEY ALL USE THE SWORD FROM THE START ALL THE TIME. Unless it was an America thing only. THEN WHY DIDN'T AMERICA USE IT 100% OF THE TIME.

Also, I totally called in my head that the final Kaiju would be a class 5. You don't know go the whole movie fighting 3's and then 4's and then not fight a class 5 at the end. On that topic, I wish there was more variety in the Kaiju. Half of them were fish and I realize that they all came from the ocean and everything, but still. Like, I enjoyed when that gorilla just came out of puppying nowhere. It was crazy, but it was also p. different from every Kaiju at that point. Well, I guess there were a few earlier ones or ones that were shown for just a minute or two were pretty cool, but still.

I might be going out on a limb here when I say that I think Maco's blue highlights are a reference to Rei. She's just so adorabus and the love interest, I just feel like she's supposed to be Rei. Also, the "LCL" that is in the helmet that drains out near the beginning of the movie looked like orange juice. The Drift was a really cool concept along with two people piloting one Jaeger. The beginning of the movie where MC's brother gets ripped out of it was terrifying, though. My friends except Hunter were like "WHATEVER", but man, that scene was so sad. ;~;

I have more to talk about probably, but I've already typed enough.

Haha, just kidding, the picture in the first post reminded me of the claw tail Kaiju that I hated and when MC and Maco finally froze the claw tail and broke it pieces, I was like FINALLY, GOODNESS. I didn't want any more heads to be ripped off. : (

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Also, the "LCL" that is in the helmet that drains out near the beginning of the movie looked like orange juice.

Hey so thanks for writing all that and liking this movie as much as I did, and read all that and it was great, and thank you for mentioning the ron perlman after credits thing I didn't know about, and I want to respond to all of your post but I can't do that right now so I'll do it later, but: Did they actually mention that LCL stuff was called LCL? Was that the name they gave it? I mean it was an obvious callback to Eva, but.

Now that I think about it, I can't remember: The fluid in the Eva Pill suit things that everyone can breathe, was it LCL? I thought it was something else.

Posted

This is now a create your own pacific rim jaeger self insert thread

7bT4PTh.jpg

dYHvPfm.jpg

DR SHRUBBERY! and Eka like this

Posted

I dunno I just can't be bothered with this one, none of the designs are quite what I'm looking for.

Personally I prefer sentient robots like Bionicles or Transformers to "hollow" mechas anyway.

Posted

No but

tumblr_mqatsmO29n1rht38bo1_500.png

(Didn't make it but I wish I did).

Also lord almighty I need to see this movie again. I'm gonna try and convince my brother to go see it and I'll tag along, eheh.

I think the only thing was that the sort of implied (slight) romance between Mako and Raleigh, and how he almost died because he stayed in the Jaeger and sent her up first like a true shounen was kinda cliche, so I was like mmmm ok whatevs. I wasn't really bothered by it (Hellboy does the same thing with the romance, and that's Del Toro too. And I love the Hellboy movies) but still kinda cliche.

However hey HOW BOUT THAT MUSIC TOO EH |D~

AND THE FACT THAT RON PERLMAN HAD A CHARACTER 

AND KAIJU DESIGNS

And good, people stayed after the first set of credits. Because man that guy just can't die and its awesome.

Posted

CHARLIE DAY AS A SCIENTIST.

THE DAYMAN.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

The two scientists were the corniest part of the movie.

Posted

60736_278684268936264_976552142_n.jpg

I swear I did this accidentally, the colour scheme was just too good to pass up.

tumblr_mqc4doIcsT1qh7hsfo1_1280.jpg

This is my other one, probably won't make much sense to anyone who hasn't seen me rant about the current refugee situation in Australia.

Posted

Theres talk of a sequel now. They say The studio is having Del toro write the next one, which is interesting since he didn't actually write the first one, just direct. World wide the movie is doing pretty well, and it hasn't even gone to Japan yet. Hopefully in conjunction with worldwide gross, and Dvd/bluray sales, the next one is under way. Also, I like that they never went full romance mode with it. They just sorta do that forehead to forehead hug, and that's equal parts "We've seen some shit". So much more meaningful then if they just made out or something.

Posted

The best part of Pacific Rim was Charlie Day being such a cutie-pie.

i really want the art book

8886567332_88815923c9.jpg

Eka and pheonix561 like this

Posted

I want it more than you

Posted

probably