172 posts in this topic

Posted

what am I missing

Posted

the 12,000 note count

Posted

oh gotcha

Posted

http://tetodotgif.tumblr.com/post/20281233079/the-girl-who-leapt-through-time-2006

52,771 note count

runner up:

http://antirabbit.tumblr.com/post/45348013187/it-was-a-rainy-day

12,389 note count

But I find the fact that you got so many notes on a picture alone to be pretty good. It wasn't a relatable gif or emotionally manupilative photoset like mine are.

Posted

I'm running my mouth in wild directions that aren't related to the topic at hand. 4chan's boards all tend to be stupidly hateful, even the smaller, more condensed and obscure ones. I forget what point I was originally making.

yeah that's largely true. still, some of the most honest discussion comes out of 4chan. anonymity does have its perks

Posted

so this is a thing now, just FYI

http://pheosmom.tumblr.com/

(it's a fan blog to Pheo's Mom, run by me)

Can I request the one where pheo's mom tells him to be nice?

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Got a link?

Posted

I guess we all just unanimously agree that 9gag's bad, then

Padraig!, T1g, pheonix561 and 1 other like this

Posted

tumblr_m7p3tmj1Kv1ryeto5o1_1280.jpg

Posted

ugh are they still making that series :(

Posted

I wanted to think that strip was funny but it wasn't.

Gilded Grace likes this

Posted

I've seen fairly clever points from people on Tumblr for various issues, but to be honest I really do think it's making people more criticizing. Like suddenly the smallest things are problems of social justice that need to be addressed and attacked on a grand scale.

I remember there was this one photoset of a Kida cosplayer (Altantis) who did a photoshoot with a Milo. The girl was white, but she applied makeup to her skin to give it a slightly darker tone (because Kida is darker skinned). I just thought it looked like a great  cosplay, so I reblogged it. A few hours later, an Anonymous user saw my reblog and attacked me because they stated that the Kida cosplayer was 'brownfacing' and its an extremist form of racism.

Brownfacing and blackfacing, to me, is when there's intentional disrespect shown towards the race. I really didn't see anything disrespectful in the photo: it was a white woman dressing up as Kida as accurately as possible, because Kida is darker-skinned. Anyways we had a bit of a banter back-and-forth but they hadn't messaged me back after about the third ask. I can understand the perspective of why that'd be seen as a bad thing, but I hardly think someone who put a lot of effort into an outfit be attacked when she didn't intend disrespect. Not to mention its pretty much combatting racism with racism (if you're white and want to cosplay a character accurately since you can, you shouldn't because you're white).

Iunno. It was my first encounter of that sort and it really peeved me. And I was agitated because I'm sure they didn't even really care for my opinion because I'd have a 'white privileged perspective.' -_-

pheonix561 likes this