Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

tumblr

172 posts in this topic

Posted

It annoys me when people talk about society. It just seems really small to me. I'm not a part of that society that you're talking about.

Posted

Sorry I forgot how perfect and flawless and above us you are

Posted

Is that how you treat people who aren't in your society?

Posted

LL, I love you but sometimes you are just the worst person to discuss anything with

Posted

I said that not everyone is a part of the society that you were talking about. Then you started being sarcastic and insulting. So like, lol?

Posted

Yes. Like, lol.

Posted

You didn't want there to be a discussion in the first place is what I'm saying. What is there to even say about pop culture? Serious question.

Posted

Im saying that- good or bad, pop culture is there. We shape pop culture but pop culture also shapes us. Pop culture isnt just musicians at the Grammys or actors at the Oscars. It's everything. It's TV. it's books. It's movies. its comics. its music. its politics. its the internet. its friends. its family. its religion. its science. its the newspaper. its art. its our collective lives. You can say "im not a part of pop culture" but you are wrong. As long as you live and interact with other humans on any scale, you are part of culture and culture is part of you. People who hate or try to avoid pop culture are ignorant and hopeless. Pop culture isnt inherently bad or evil or slutty or drugged up or good or holy or whatever the pre-conceived notions may be. And, unless you are some kind of hermit, pop culture is virtually inescapable. It may change based on where and when you are in the world. Hollywood has a huge play in America,but Bollywood is nearly non existent here. But the exact opposite is true in India. But my point is, pop culture is here. so you might as well embrace it. And if you dont like it, work to change it! Its not easy, but its still possible. The Beatles drastically changed pop culture. As did Andy Warhol, and even Paris Hilton.

See, there is nothing actually wrong with Pheo. And most of the stuff ive said to him were in angsty jest. It was just super annoying to go on facebook and see him complain or get excited (but mostly complain) about news that that we all talked about 2 months prior. And then when we all say "old news" he'll act like hes better than us because hes oblivious to culture. I mean, i know he's also saying that in jest, but the joke was only funny the first 2 or 3 times. This is the hundredth time.

PS- I dont like discussing things with you, LL, because you are very stubborn and take very little time to think about the issue from your "opponents" perspective. It's like ive already lost every conversation before they've even begun. 

Cascade, Sahaqiel and Ammonsa like this

Posted

It annoys me when people talk about society. It just seems really small to me. I'm not a part of that society that you're talking about.

glhf

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

No, seriously. Good luck and have fun in whatever society you're part of.

(That still sounds sarcastic. Shit.)

Good luck, have fun :)

(That's the best I got yo)

Edited by Sawoobie (see edit history)

Posted

I am some kind of hermit

Posted (edited)

I used to visualize LL as a human. (or vaguely human shaped (sometimes pikmin))

Now, he is this

hermit-crab-at-Cahuita-National-Park-Cos

#adorabLLe

(with that hashtag, I have ruined the tumblr thread)

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

[...]

I think this is definitely my favorite post from you. I haven't ever been super frustrated discussing with LL, but I think this is the most well thought-out, sincere, mature, and agreeable post I've seen you write, even if it was a rebuttal. I sincerely like this post.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

I can't see anything in the quotes... This is somehow bothering meeeeee

Posted

I took it out to conserve space