Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wii got back

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I sent my wii, which as most of you know was broken, off to nintendo last saturday and it got back today. As you can geuss i was fairly happy, so i plug it in and turn everything on, first issue I notice is that i need to put the time in and everything, then i got to the main interface and everything was gone, all of my channels and virtual console games, just gone (I had about

Posted

That REALLY sucks.

They may of just gave you a new Wii and not told you. . .

Posted

I would've gotten really pissed if that happend to me...

Posted

The Wii repair center is supposed to copy over ALL of your old saved stuff. Unless your stuff was corrupted, they always do that. There was likely a mistake and someone forgot to copy stuff over or got lazy. I wonder if theres a way to get your stuff back..... They would probably want you to send it in though if they still even had your data... :/

Posted

Ok, now im VERY confused

As everything was gone, i set about downloading the updates, firstly it downloaded all of the channels that it does automatically (shop, forcast and news) all in one go instead of individually. Consdering link to the past only just came out on VC over here, i booted up the shop channel. First thing i noticed was i had 400 wii points, like i had before i sent it off, i added some more to get link to the past, but then checked to see if there was anything in the category of the titles i've downloaded and all the virtual console games i had before were there :D

Im still missing all my save data, miis and everything else, but i've cheered up a bit consdering i've got those back now.

im 90% sure its a nw wii, but now im just plain confused

Posted

That is very weird,

you should make a complaint to Nintendo,

and buy a BIG (eg. 1-2 GB) SD card, and back up EVERYTHING.

Posted

im pretty sure you can't back up miis, which would've meant all of my wii sports data would've gone whatever happened.

Plus i didn;t expect it to break, lol

interestingly, the new one seems to be working better than the old one ever did, connecting to the internet faster, not taking ages loading pages and stuff.

to be honest, for all i know, the miis could still be there i havn't actually checked same goes for my save files, i geuss i just assuming when i came on and everything on screen was gone, lol

Posted

It'd be better to think in those good thinks. :D

you can re-play TP and everything, I guess.

but it's still very strange and everything :angry:

Posted

I could re-play twilight princess anyway, just use a different file instead...

and nintendo aren;t doing anything about it...