Post pictures of the life that surrounds you

298 posts in this topic

Posted

Like Post Yourself, but for pictures of everything else that surrounds you; your room, your school, your desk, your sound system, your bookshelf, your collections, places you visited, stuff you just bought (unboxing montages perhaps), or even YOUR DOGS.

Here's Lenny, my sister's dog. He's the main part of this post. If you look closely at this one you can make out the white smudge that is my other dog Blott, waiting for Lenny to get in.

7l7878f.jpg

Here's Lenny (in draught excluder mode!!)

ZiDXxyI.jpg

Here's Lenny being a dick-brained cosy son-of-a-bitch (and yes, in the second one he is actually sleeping somehow).

OdXIayn.jpg

LfFtLUx.jpg

This has been the OP of the "Post pictures of the life that surrounds you" thread. Please catch on.

T1g, pheonix561, PrimaGaga and 1 other like this

Posted

1. Your dog is fantastic
2. This is actually a really good idea for a thread and I'll have to contribute

Posted

I've been wanting to post a thread where you post your room and all the details in it and whatever, but this works too.

I don't have any image capturing devices onhand but when I obtain my phone charger I can throw in some stuff. (:

Posted

The idea is that if you get back from a holiday or buy new stuff, you can post pics of it and write stuff about it. I guess it's like a blog in that way, but reminding people that writing a blog is basically just taking something about their life and writing about it. Stories about things and whatnot.

If it was just rooms and desk surfaces, it'd die out pretty quickly, but if you're posting about your day out or that marathon you just ran (cirt) then it can continue to be relevant as time goes on.

Reminds me of that one thread Saha posted where you broke into a friends house and piled a bunch of boxes to block a doorway and cleaned the room. That was neat.

Posted

1010603_10200960929799232_436724197_n.jp

Went to a protest on Saturday, regarding the treatment of refugees in Australia

PrimaGaga, Sahaqiel, Teto and 1 other like this

Posted

Make a full post about it in R&R/Serious Discussion. I imagine not many people know about what's going on in Australia, and I don't think we've talked about that sort of thing. Could make a discussion.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Yeah, I will make a thread about it, not tonight though, I'll probably write it up tomorrow and stuff.

Posted

Nice an Instagram thread! I'm totally down! 

My room:

tumblr_mr2m6v4XYn1qft31ko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr2m6v4XYn1qft31ko3_1280.jpg

My grandmother made this for me a while ago

tumblr_mr2m6v4XYn1qft31ko2_1280.jpg

my window

tumblr_mr2m6v4XYn1qft31ko4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr2m6v4XYn1qft31ko5_1280.jpg

My dog, Lou

tumblr_mr2masKoMD1qft31ko1_500.jpg

Eka and Teto like this

Posted

I copied Phanta and took a bunch of pics of my room, but I prefer to show off these smaller details because they're a little more interesting than just the room in general.

#1 Chopper hat.

tumblr_mr2pqw4Yuu1qdek7mo1_1280.jpg

#2 Backup kettle.

tumblr_mr2pqw4Yuu1qdek7mo2_1280.jpg

#3 The lock from my old flat’s door, whose handle broke off one morning as I tried to head out the door.

tumblr_mr2pqw4Yuu1qdek7mo3_1280.jpg

#4 Treasured Lambanana keychain decoration thing, along with the key to an office in a museum (that I worked at briefly and they let me keep the key).

tumblr_mr2pqw4Yuu1qdek7mo4_1280.jpg

#5 HIV Giant Microbe.

tumblr_mr2pqw4Yuu1qdek7mo5_1280.jpg

#6 Collection of 4 sealed DVDs (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Sweeny Todd, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and Homeward Bound) whose presence in my room is funnier left a mystery.

tumblr_mr2pqw4Yuu1qdek7mo9_1280.jpg

But heck here's my room in general actually

tumblr_mr2oaf4W1D1qdek7mo1_1280.jpg

And also cocktail swords

tumblr_mr2oaf4W1D1qdek7mo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mr2oaf4W1D1qdek7mo8_1280.jpg

Original posts with more commentary

http://sideli.tumblr.com/post/57447169381/copying-foreverspooky-and-posting-my-room-because

http://sideli.tumblr.com/post/57447623486/realtalkwithfranke-replied-to

http://sideli.tumblr.com/post/57449572729/further-and-final-miscellany-of-tetos-room-1

Posted

Great idea for a topic. I'll post in here eventually: in the meantime, I'm lovin' those cocktail swords. And everyone has cute dogs.

Posted

aww man i want a chopper hat

all i have is this silly straw hat thats too tiny for my head

Posted

New things, new times.

tumblr_mrc633cSi71qdek7mo1_1280.jpg

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Seeing those side by side really shows how, er, toyish the original DS looked.

It looks like something you could buy in the children's section of Wal Mart for 10 dollars.

Posted

But man was it the coolest thing or wut when it came out? It was for me at least.

Posted

I remember a guy in my class named Adam was playing Super Mario 64 DS on it. That was the first time I saw one and, man, that sure was awesome. I got a red one with Mario Kart DS for Christmas. I don't know where it is now.

I thought the Ds Lite was better and was, arguably, the best of all of them due to the fact that the DSi dropped the gameboy slot.

I love my 3DS XL, though. The only thing that could make it better would be a more comfortable texture for gripping, a built in second analog stick, and a Fire Emblem or Legend of Zelda theme on the front.

PrimaGaga likes this