Visual Novels, otoge and the likes

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Fate stay night and G Senjou no Maou are neither horror nor harem

Posted

One could make a case that Ever17 at the very least borrows elements from harem-style games. Granted, I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but it seems to incorporate the dating sim-style "each heroine gets a route" from what I've heard about it.

Posted

yeah but fate/stay night is bad

if you liked fate/zero you will hate fate/stay night

Posted

But tons of people on /a/ love both. They hate the original Fate/Stay Night anime though and are looking forward to the remake that's coming soon, since the budgets for both are apparently through the roof.

Posted

Fate/Stay Night spoilers below

You need to give Saber more mana at one point so you have a threesome with her and that one chick with the black hair and red clothes because that transfers mana or some shit

This one thing sums up every bad thing I have heard about Fate/Stay Night (from multiple people i might add)

Posted

You need to give Saber more mana at one point so you have a threesome with her and that one chick with the black hair and red clothes because that transfers mana or some shit

This one thing sums up every bad thing I have heard about Fate/Stay Night (from multiple people i might add)

I wouldn't really call that a spoiler, since that, or at least that sort of thing, is what everybody who knows anything at all about the franchise knows about.

Posted

Yeah but I want to play it safe in case someone actually wanted to look forward to that surprise

Posted

SIR I AM THROWING MY GAGE. I CHALLENGE THEE TO A DUEL BEFORE SUNSET.

Its not a threesome

If you have H scenes in a game in japan as far as I know you get more funding. So in bothe of the anime adaptions for the series they replace them with vague mana exchange rituals. No biggy. If that's all you got out of fate then I am disappoint. Of the 3 routes the second is easily the best, but all 3 have great bits in them.

Like, you should really play the game before making such rash judgements

Posted

All I know is whenever I ask someone about Fate/Stay Night I get an excalibur face

Excalibur-Face-XD-yolilmonster-33977760-

Although one of my friends likes the Fate Series in general so its not like everyone I know doesn't like it

Posted

I feel rather lucky in that I went into the game with 0 knowledge of the apparantly bujillion memes. Its just a really cool story.

Posted

Yeah I wont deny that the fate series has a cool setup. Did you watch carnival phantasm? and if so, let us stop talking about it in here because thats anime

Posted

Sure

Posted

I/O(revision II) fan translation was completed yesterday, so I am starting it.

I/O is another story written by the person who wrote Ever17, so you know its probably going to be worth a read

Posted

Speaking of fan translations, I've decided to try to write a fan translation for Corpse Party Hysteric Birthday 2U, since XSeed has confirmed they aren't picking it up. Although, I don't have the know-how to hack a PSP rom (in fact, all the technological knowledge I do have is telling me that I can't do it), so I'm going to try to write the translation in a sort of companion VN made with Ren'py meant to be played alongside the actual game.

Posted

Oh my GOD

なべ likes this