Followers 0

Extra Credits

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Iiiiiii getcha.

Posted

Agent Zako and Knuckle like this

Posted

supposedly the Gavrilo Princip sandwich story is actually a myth that originated sometime in 2003, and it's threatening to become the accepted version of the story in major parts of Europe, which is silly

But yeah I like these history things, though learning about the basics of World War I and II feels like sitting in another history class in middle school.

Posted

I like their portrayal of him eating a comfort sandwich. The only thing he was missing was someone to pat him on the shoulder and be like "it's ok champ there's always next year" like he was a middle schooler who failed to win the spelling bee

Posted

yeh

but really he just walked up and shot that dude like he was an unarmed black kid

Franz and Sophie's death was way insane-whack dramatic. That just sounded heartwrenching, like one of those too-perfect movie deaths. Franz very clearly cared for Sophie. I feel sorry for them.

T1g likes this

Posted

Guess who just got to meet James because James was giving a talk at his college?

hint:

IT WAS ME

James is a really swell guy just saying

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

UUUUUUUGH I CAN'T FIND A GUIDE OF WHICH PLACES HE'S VISITING WHAT IF HE VISITS NIU AND I DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT

Posted

The reason he came here is because it is Reflections Projections, where lots of guest speakers come and talk about technology stuff. My friend Nick, who is on staff for RP, invited James to come speak, and James decided to after looking over what the people attending were speaking about.

One of the Extra Credits videos mentions what you should do if you want James to come speak at your school

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/conference/2014/speakers/jamesportnow.html

Posted

oh, and most of the stuff he talks about was already talked about on extra credits. Not all of it, but a very large part of it. They obviously need to use all the best material for the show

Posted

They started uploading reflections|projections lectures to the channel i linked to above, but they haven't gotten to James' yet. I will give them a few days and if nothing shows up I will ask some people I know when it will show up

Posted

Good way to show why Japanese history is so romanticized. It sounds awesome.

Posted

Oh yeah man. There was some pretty crazy stuff during feudal era japan.

Posted

Turns out my school won't be releasing the recorded lecture of James, because James couldn't sign the release form for reasons