Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yu-Gi-Oh was and is and always will be stupid

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I must respectfully disagree

Yu-Gi-Oh is cool when you play with decent people with a decent deck

Posted

i remember switching from how my brother and i played to trying to play one of the videogames, with the updated/actual rules. you know, the ones where you have to sacrifice cards to actually play things. ive never beaten one of the games from that series.

Posted

My 2 cents on Yu-Gi-Oh

The old cards look really dated

The newer cards look like bad dA fan art.

But the manga was cool

SilverAlchemic, なべ and T1g like this

Posted

I used to watch the show all the time.

I liked it.

Posted

i remember switching from how my brother and i played to trying to play one of the videogames, with the updated/actual rules. you know, the ones where you have to sacrifice cards to actually play things. ive never beaten one of the games from that series.

I had some incredibly weird PS1 yugioh game. There was a weird mechanic that was never explained. Every monster has a planet sign that was weak against some planets and strong against others. So attacking would do a seemingly random amount of less/extra damage? Also you can just stack cards to fuse them and the resulting monster was seemingly random. There was no overworld or map, yet somehow the gameplay was nonlinear?

It was interesting to play, though.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

You're probably talking about Forbidden Memories. I've actually watched quite a lot of the game being played. Mostly speedruns, though, and it's hilarious. The whole strategy they use is to just build a deck entirely composed of cards that fuse into the card Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon. Their turn comes and they'll literally just try to fuse all monster cards in hand and they'll almost always get the dragon. It's hilarious because the game will refill your entire hand, so it gets them more cards to either fuse into more dragons or get Magic or Trap cards that get them out of tough spots.

Yugioh isn't that bad.

なべ likes this