Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Songs you'd have played at your funeral

15 posts in this topic

Posted

In serious discussion because your suggestions here are sealed in stone. If you post it here I will contact your family upon the event of your death and tell them your song choice. As Padraig would confirm if he hadn't died, I am serious, and I walked into the crematorium to the tune of Fireflies by Owl City, upon his solid request. I asked him three times to confirm he wasn't joking until he gave me a certain serious-faced yes, and I followed through on the promise. I'm a serious son of a bitch.

So tell me what songs you'd have played at your funerals. Know who you deal with here.

whonWoffThino and pheonix561 like this

Posted

At my funeral, I want everyone to be absolutely honest. Nothing held back. Everything that everyone has always wanted to say about me, no matter how scalding, needs to be said. I'm dead, so why bother worrying if I'll hear you talking shit?

Anyways, I always think there's one song or another I'd like played at my funeral just because I think it'd be an exciting and weird experience for whoever was there to hear it, like the firebird suite. As I type this I'm honestly still on the fence about whether I want that played at my funeral or not (in case I never give a definite answer, just go ahead and play it because I think it'd be cool if you did). But I know of two songs I definitely want played:

Posted

I've never given much thought to that kind of question. I guess that makes sense, given how young I am, but still.

I don't really know, but I guess this one would be nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpSjXo6ah0

Cirt likes this

Posted

That Ben was a piece of shit. I will shit in your casket and laugh.

Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Metallica' s For Whom the Bell Tolls

Posted

That Ben was a piece of shit. I will shit in your casket and laugh.

Please do!

Posted

I swear, if they don't open with this song, I'm going to come out of my grave just to put it on:

(I am serious.)

And then this thing.

Posted

Honestly, I would compile a playlist, because the only thing that comes to my mind isn't really silly novelty music for my funeral, but music I really like that I want to share with people. Whenever I am in an environment where I get to share music, I try to squeeze as many of my loved tracks in there as I can, but I'm always disappointed because they don't like the music the way I do. I guess thematically it would work out, because my love for dance music is very much about celebrating life while you have it, and letting the good times roll. I'd rather be commemorated with lively music than deathly music, but I guess most people would say that.

Posted

It's 20 minutes long, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather than this.

Posted

If you guys died I would go to your funeral IRL. Everyone should write a will, include your Hnet login information, and request that someone post about your death.

As I think about it, we would probably know via Facebook. Oh well.

Posted

Nabe and others of us IRCers once brainstormed a site called "deathbook" or something, where you would leave your passwords on a secure server and have a prepared message for your various communities in case you die, as well as any special instructions or whatever. As morbid as it is, it's actually kind of useful-sounding.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I could see hackers making that go very wrong.

Posted

Haven't picked out a song yet, but pertaining to log in, I have a USB stick in my safe, on it is all the log ins to every forum I am on, as well as all the passwords to computers, ipads, harddrive encryption, bank log ins, all that stuff.  It's always good to keep a copy of that stuff for a shit hits the fan situation as it is, just make sure it's safe.

And now, I'm thinking Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks, I always did enjoy that one.

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this