Sayubie is writing a paper on hnet

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Fun, humorous posting, and anything not related to The Legend of Zelda.

Chimetals likes this

Posted

Officially, friendly zelda discussion and fraternity/sorority between zelda fans.

Unofficially, it's about me being godking and all of you being my loyal subjects/worshippers.

Posted

Lessee...

Light-hearted humor, genuine seriousness when it's necessary, and sort of a family-like connection between all the members.

Like we love, hate, and love to hate each other.

Chimetals and Sayubie like this

Posted

Are you using usernames in the paper that you're righting?

Posted

In general when it comes to politics we tend to avoid shitstorms even if we disagree on things. Dunno. I would say our values run the whole range.

Posted

Sarcasm to absurd amounts to where no one is sure if you're joking anymore.

We're also a bunch of queers. Especially pheo.

Posted

You could think of Hnet like a party that's always going on, but not really a hardcore party, but a friendly get-together with different little circles that form. People come in and out of the party, some circles experience some kind of media with each other and try sharing it with the others, or at least tell stories about it, some play video games together, some debate, some share secrets, sometimes someone shows up drunk to the party, etc. Sometimes there's another person at the party that's there as much as you that you don't know really well, but after awhile, you go over there and talk to them. And sometimes people connect enough to go to each others' houses afterwards. We're here because of common interests in media and people, and there are somewhat lax house rules, which can alienate new people. There is sort of a family mentality to it. We're all familiar faces and we tend to look out for each other. I'd say we value the community, as well as a good time.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'd rather not...

Posted

I'll be interviewed. I'm Hnet's Cynical Asshole .

Posted (edited)

I'll be asking individually if I want to quote certain posts but would it be okay to cite dignix interaction?

Also, I'm going to ask about citing anonymous interviews still.

Question:

Why do you all keep coming back?

Question:

What is Werewolf to you?

Edited by Sawoobie (see edit history)

Posted

This is an easy place for us to communicate with the people I've come to know over the years and it's familiar. It's been what I've known for six years now, so when the site goes down, it's a bit upsetting. I always have a tab open on the forum home if that shows how connected I am. Nothing else holds that place. I don't even need to favorite it or have it on one of my top 9 sites on the "New Tab" page because it's always open. In other words, this is like a second home to me.

Werewolf is a game to play with friends while trying to outwit them.

Posted

Same as Muffin. I always have >0 tabs of it open. It's where a lot of the friends I've met have congregated over the years, and it's how I keep in touch with them easily. We have inside jokes and we have similar interests and everything. I think the party analogy works really, but a house full of a bunch of roommates also works. This is one of the places we return to, because we belong here.

Werewolf is really interactive both ways. Making and playing the game can both be really fun, and it's open to whoever wants to play it. It's like a puzzle where the pieces are your friends, and it gives you an opportunity to distance yourself from social conventions and actually let loose a little bit trying to figure everyone out. It's kind of like play-fighting. You want to win, you want to beat your opponents as a team, but the way everything works, you have to suspect everyone of being your opponent, so you can be aggressive and not have hard feelings later. It's somewhat liberating but somewhat tense.

Posted

I joined for the people I know in real life. I've stayed because its a cool community and I like being a part of it.

Posted

the person you know in real life........