Scary Stories for Halloween

4 posts in this topic

Posted

When I was a kid one of my favorite books was "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" a collection a stories from Folklore and Urban Legend by Alvin Schwartz. Around this time of year we'd turn off all the lights in the house, light a fire in the fireplace and read from that spooky book. Lately I've been waxing nostalgic and thought it would be a good idea to compile scary stories here. If any aspiring authors want to contribute, it is very welcome.

This first story is called "Apartment 9G"

Fresh out of College and out on his own, aspiring Actor Benjamin Cox Found himself in Hollywood California. Looking for a place to stay he made his way to a lesser known Hollywood landmark "The Eagle Crest Hotel". In it's heyday the Eagle Creast was the talk of Hollywood, hosting renowned celebrities such as Greta Garbo, Charlie Chaplain and Humphrey Bogart. But time had chipped away at the once sterling facade and now just to stay solvent the Crest had become Apartments.

Benjamin was put up in Apartment 9G, a cozy little nook on the Ninth floor. Being a renovated Hotel all he had was a Bed with a bathroom and closet and he was fine with that. After a few weeks Ben began to notice odd things, he'd leave for an audition and when he returned his desk chair would be moved from near the door all the way across the room to the closet and it would be lying on it's side. facinated by the place Ben eventually befriended the Manager, a kindly woman named Sophia. One Day Sophia called Ben

"Hey Ben Casablanca's on cable how about you come down and watch it?"

Ben was a might perplexed, he was not in his apartment but rather filming a movie in Ontario.

"Quit joking Ben." Sophia said.

"I can hear you moving around up there."

"I'm not there Sophia...call the Police."

After calling the Police Sophia made her way to the Apartment. Opening the locked door they found no one, the only odd thing was the desk chair in the closet. When Ben returned he and Sophia were more than curious as to what exactly was going on. Luckly Max Bergman, a Hollywood historian and expert in all things Eagle Crest was also a resident.

"You say you live in 9G?" Max asked.

"Room 9G has a colorful history. In 1955 Screen Writer Joseph Connoly called that room home. He had been hot stuff in Hollywood for a while but cripling writers block led him to take his own life. One night in 1958 old Joe took a belt and looped it around the closet rack, dragged his desk chair in there and hung himself. His body hung in that closet for three days before the cleaning lady found him."

"That's why the chair was in the closet!" Ben thought.

Sophia offered to let Ben change rooms but he declined, "It's not like the Ghost is causing anyone harm." he said. A few years passed and Ben had been cast in a Television series. He was still living in the Crest but had been there less and less. After filming wrapped for Christmas break Ben returned home late and as he entered the Lobby he passed the Cork Board Sophia had l labeled the "Wall of Fame". On it was magazine and newspaper clippings about the residents, one article was about Max. Ben was to tired to read it so he decided to skip it and go to his apartment. Climbing up the staircase he reached the 4th floor landing and there was Max standing outside his apartment.

"Hey speak of the Devil I just say your article on the Wall. Did you finally publish that book?"

Ben waited for a reply but all Max would do was stare at him as if he wasn't there.

"Ok then, see you later."

The Next Day Ben walked down to the Lobby and saw sophia behind the counter. "Hey there!" he said.

"Hey, did you hear about Max?" she asked.

"No but I saw him outside his apartment last night, I said hi but he just ignored me."

"That's not funny!" Sophia said sternly.

"Why?"

"Max died last week, his Obituary is on the board."

Ben glanced at the board and was shocked to see that Max had indeed died. In life he Chronicled the Paranormal history of the Crest, in death he had become part of that history.

*This Story is Based on real events. The Character of "Ben" is based on Actor Matthew Gray Gubler who plays Dr. Spencer Reid on "Criminal Minds". To hear the story in his own words watch "Celebrity Ghost Stories" (Season Three, Episode Four).

Duseindunlids likes this

Posted

I love me some creepy pasta, i'll try to find some

Posted

Did you know that you all have a spooky skeleton inside of you?

ooOOoooOOOOOoooooOOOoo

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Did you know that you all have a spooky skeleton inside of you?

ooOOoooOOOOOoooooOOOoo

Actually, Necro is only a spooky skeleton. Therefore, this does not apply.

Also, Koolaid man.