The.

Puppying.

Phone.

OH MY GOD I NEED MORE INFO BUT THERE ISN'T MUCH OUT YET QQ

Someone read Korean for me. ASAP.

I wonder who's doing the BGMs

I keep watching this trailer aaaaaaaaaaaa

Posted

Im glad you like it. Im pretty excited to try it out too. Ill try to keep this updated if people show interest. 

Posted

Is there a class where I can be a berserk and a tank at the same time yet? Because honest to god, that's the most difficult decision I have to make when I start any mmorpg; How much of a blend of defensive melee and offensive melee do I want?

Posted

Okay well, Pheo. As mentioned earlier, there is very little info on the game yet. BUT with 80 classes, i'd think just about everyone will be able to find their ideal class. Maybe even 2 or 3 of them!

Though, to be honest, in a normal game being a Beserker/Tank seems like the worst idea ever.

In every game I've played, a beserker becomes more powerful the lower his HP is. But a Tank is known for having super high defense and HP. It would basically make the tank super weak all the time, because it'd never reach his "rage mode" or w/e each game calls it. 

Posted

SInce ToS wont be out for quite some time, I'm thinking about playing Wakfu, the sequel to Dofus, in case anyone has heard of either. They are both turn based strategy games very similar to FF Tactics. The big differences are that Wakfu is an MMORPG, and you only control your own personal character. This, of course, requires you to team up with other people to win. I dunno how many people would be interested in playing with me. To be honest, it's a slowish game, especially when playing alone. But if we partied in skype, im sure we'd have a good time!!

in a game like Wakfu, classes are super important since they all play very distinct roles. Wakfu has 15 classes:

Sacrier (Berserkers)

Xelor (Time Magi)

Ecaflips (Warrior Gamblers)

Enutrof (Treasure Hunters)

Feca (Protectors)

Eniripsa (Healers)

Iop (Go-Getting Warriors)

Sram (Assassins)

Cra (Archers)

Sadida (Plant Summoners)

Pandawa (Sherpa Warriors)

Osamodas (Animal Summoners) my favorite class

Then 3 new classes that I know very little about:

The Masqueraiders (Lunatic Solider)

Foggernaut (Master in Sabotage)

Rogue (Masters of Illusion)

In addition, each character can focus on an element. Each class lets you choose from 3 of the 4 elements, i think. The 4 being Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Super Avatar Style haha.

The only downside to the game is that character appearance customization is lacking. But honestly, in a tactical RPG, it's nice to know wut class you are fighting/teaming up with. So I dont think this is a bad thing, really.

The game also has a super high focus on player input. I read that plants (for harvesting) and monsters can become both endangered or over populated if they are not dealt with properly. Stuff like that makes the game feel like an actual world.

Also i found this really cute trailer that shows off the art direction of that game. It's so awesome.

And here is some class trailers, which feature a bit of gameplay:

http://youtu.be/3ysFPbYbhBk

so would anybody be down to play with me a bit?

actual website: http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/what-is-wakfu?from=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wakfu.com%2Fen%2Fmmorpg

Posted (edited)

Xelor FTW

Couldn't get very far without subscription.

Man, RO Priests were tanks. 

Edited by Sawoobie (see edit history)
PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Xelor FTW

Couldn't get very far without subscription.

Yeah it has a premium  feature which extends the game, but its a fun way to play while we wait for other games. I just like trying games to be honest. Maybe this should be a general MMO thread?

Posted

If we don't have an MMO thread then why not?

Yeah, it was pretty fun up until I hit the premium bit.

This kid or whoever I met online found a weapon drop in-game. He made us call him Neo for the rest of our acquaintanceship.

Posted

What is berserking?

Posted

I meant generally just picking melee classes that either specialize in high defense, high (melee) offense, or a mix of the two. Berserk being high offense.

Posted

Beserkers are classes that, like the DnD Barbarian, become more powerful the less HP they have. They are generally a Warrior sub-class

Im also checking out RIFT right now.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

Posted

Yeah, my point was that I always want to play a melee class when I play mmo's, but I never know which one to pick. I know a paladin/berserker class wouldn't make any sense, I just suggested it as a solution to the problem I always personally run into.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

Be a Blacksmith in RO. A Blacksmith with a hammer or axe and a cart to carry tons of crap that you can also use to smack everything else.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Blacksmith

My favorite class to stare at. (that and master smith)

Edited by Sawoobie (see edit history)