Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Teto AMA

24 posts in this topic

Posted

On that note, whats some awful music you'd never recommend to anyone?

Posted

Heads up tho: I've had enough alcohol to make me a rambling mess so forgive me for this post. It's not dishonest though, to the best of my knowledge.

This is great Teto. I'm really happy to hear this. My only advice, response, what have you, is only to say that you don't need to wait for a new year to make a change. A new year is the same as a new day, really. Unless it's just something you want to have planned as to not overwhelm yourself for the time being, that makes sense. 

What is some great music you could recommend me? :>

Well, starting having a go at surfing is something I've actually kind of mentally committed to doing "whenever they call me up"; someone I know who goes surfing often goes out surfing with other people, so I just told them "whenever you decide to go out as a group next, call me up", so that thing is happening whenever that call comes. Gym and squash is just next year because I would have to start paying monthly costs and I'd rather wait until all the end-of-the-year events are out of the way before I go and get involved in anything new. Like cleaning a bowl before putting new food on it (as inappropriate and ridiculous a metaphor as that is). I know I could just go in and start my subscription or whatever today, but for some reason it feels fresher to do it at the start of next year. But hey, that might just be me stalling because I don't want to stop being the me I am today.

But all the other things, like doing charity work and other opportunities, I feel right now that I would grab onto that as soon as possible. It's just that starting a subscription seems neater at the end of a year and somehow that is more appealing to me.

And muuuusic wise, I guess there's this song from this album I just got from There Will Be Fireworks which I'm liking a lot right now. It's good when played loud. I was listening to it earlier today when walking straight into 60mph winds (until the sensation of having my own breath blown back in my mouth, and not being able to talk without having to literally eat my own words got too much for me and I started to feel ill)

On that note, whats some awful music you'd never recommend to anyone?

There's not a lot of music I'd really 'hate' tbh. I imagine most music is made by an artist is made with a certain emotion in mind. Everything is made with some emotion; anger, fun, beautiful sadness. As long as I can see that in the music and I can sympathise with it and feel it, then I enjoy the song. Like people might think Katy Perry is shite for some reason or another, but her music is pretty emotive in some way or another, so I can enjoy it. So "good" and "bad", in my mind, becomes "I get it" or "I don't get it". 

So "awful" music isn't really much of a thing. Scenario: I find music. Result: I bring it with along with me or I don't. I don't like to say "it's bad" or "it's good", because I'm sure that to someone somewhere, everything has some measure of value. So I guess no matter what you make, it always has some kind of value. It's all good.

I've had a few so I might be speaking about things in a bit more of an unreasonably positive way, without considering the real nature of things enough to decide whether what I'm saying is appropriate and right, or not.

But if you're not being pedantic, and you mean "critically bad", then Jay Fuego. But to me this is hilarious and I love it, so it's really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQpz-mZgz4Y

I'm not prepared, even when inebriated, to claim that "everything is good when you look at it a certain way" because I just watched Inglourious Basterds, and the Nazi party in general is really shite. Like, their ideals. Not the people, like me and my dad were thinking when the Americans were brutally scalping regular soldiers. Like man, even if they were born on that side of the war, they're still just everyday people and don't deserve this kind of brutality.

But yeah, point is, as long as it isn't hurting anybody or their rights, nothing is really worthy of the word 'bad' in mind. If I don't immediately like music I judge it until I decide whether it's morally questionable or if it's just something that I'm not feeling. If I don't get some kind of music I like to just ignore it. Unless there's a big fandom surrounding making fun of the thing like with Justin Bieber, One Direction, and The Big Bang Theory, in which case I join in because I enjoy joining the bandwagon, as long as I don't actually believe it's really hurting anyone that I am joining in. I can enjoy those three things enough (and really do enjoy The Big Bang Theory), but I also enjoy making fun of what you could, critically, call flaws.

The Jay Fuego thing is legit bad, critically, but it's also so good for comedy value.

If something is "awful" in my mind, it has to be really seriously awful, in a way I can't even joke about. If it's got no good values, but it's not hurting anything or anybody, then it's just "unremarkable".

I'm a lightweight too pheo, and I've only had like 3 ales, but I'm already at the stage where I just type endlessly without really being aware of the stream I've left behind me in the stream of thought I'm translating from brain chatter into English language. But I think I'm aware enough of what I'm doing for this to be honest, if not well composed.

Posted

I don't want to be a downer but at the same time I am curious because I tend to get your goat a lot (accidentally I might add)

When was the most annoyed you have ever been with me?

Posted

I can't remember. I think that any time I've been annoyed with you must have been over something so trivial that the memory of it has been lost. I can't think of anything you've done that has left me feeling bitter for a significant length of time afterwards. Like I can think that maybe when we were hanging out irl the first time I was maybe a bit negligent because I was feeling pretty low at the time, and so maybe I just wanted to be alone. So I might have acted cold towards you, but that would have been through no fault of your own.

So I guess if you were asking me "when did you feel the most unpleasant in my presence", then I would say when we were hanging out, but that was because I was feeling that way anyway. I probably wanted nothing more than to hide under the covers of my bed and stare at nothing until I fell asleep, but I kept myself going because you were there and I didn't want you to feel bad, and I held out of hope of me having a good time despite my lingering attitude.

Any other time I've been short or angry with you is probably down to me again. I can't think of anything you've ever done around me which is worthy of a cold or bitter reaction. You're a cool guy, Knuckle.

Posted

Thank you, you're cool as well :D

Now for a funner question; what do you think is the most important part to a good anime?

Posted

Thank you, you're cool as well :D

Now for a funner question; what do you think is the most important part to a good anime?

The more breast exposure the better.

Sorry if my answers tonight are being too in-depth, and the level of thought being put into them can be a little difficult to digest. But these answers are really coming from the heart, you know? My feelings about anime standards are just really intense you see.

Knuckle and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Why is what about?

Posted

Why is what about?

Don't get me started on why what is about. I could go on and on.

Posted

Who is on your ship? (Top 10 attendees)