Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda movie

17 posts in this topic

Posted

This will be a fan production, but on a huge scale bases. I'm looking to fund at least $250,000 for this movie. 

The story will include many monster and Dragon battles, a war, and a two world concept

A small piece of the synopsis is as follows.

"Ganondorth was trapped inside the darkened realm, centuries earlier. But he has somehow figured a way to emerge his realm, with the present Hyrule. His goal is to conquer world after world."

This will be done in an extent of how a Zelda movie should be done. Its a none profit movie. If you would like to learn more about this project, then please watch my video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPfaJ7ofhaM

oriflameacadahogar likes this

Posted

Damn, yesterday I was celebrating Thanksgiving, and today it's already April 1st! Where does the time go?

oriflameacadahogar likes this

Posted

Dragon battles

If you have to make ends meet with that sort of pandering don't even bother. I don't intend to shoot you down but man, that's just gonna kill your vision if you have to make the movie reminiscent of something its not (Zelda is not and will hopefully never be remembered for its dragons).

Posted

Yes, knuckle. That's obviously why this is going to fail. Everything else was fine, but the dragon battles? No way

PrimaGaga, Cascade and pheonix561 like this

Posted

I chose the thing I disliked the most and discredited it rather than breaking down all the problems.

because that would be too tedious for my lazy self

PrimaGaga and Sayubie like this

Posted

to be fair there were three dragons in Skyward Sword; edit: and a dragon in WW

but lol @ $250k. has this guy seen the first zelda fan movie? that movie's budget was maybe $200

Posted

"Ganondorth"

"darkened realm"

"emerge his realm, with the present Hyrule"

"world after world"

"none profit movie"

my favorite is the last one. None will profit from this movie. The directors, the actors, Miyamoto, the fans...

pheonix561 and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

to be fair there were three dragons in Skyward Sword; edit: and a dragon in WW

but lol @ $250k. has this guy seen the first zelda fan movie? that movie's budget was maybe $200

yeah but Link never fought them, did he? They were deities, weren't they?

Posted (edited)

Yeah well this is a gritty reboot you fanboy, gawl

"Ganondorf" wasn't testing well with fans so they went with "Ganondorth".

Edited by °ᵕ° (see edit history)
PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Ganongoth would be edgier.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Not gonna lie, man. Of all the different Zelda fan movies I've seen proposed or actually made, this one sounds the worst.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I just can't imagine Zelda ever translating well to anything other than a video game. Even the comics don't capture that spirit. Except the wind waker strips. Those were great.

Posted

There was a time when I believed that a Legend of Zelda film was a foregone conclusion. But with Hollywood's inability to produce a halfway decent game based film I regrettably retract my previous statement. 

To successfully convey the Zelda series to live action the budget would have to be huge, on par with a major studio production like "The Lord of the Rings". This is something Nintendo would never consider, looking motion picture rights to a tentpole franchise. 

Another problem is marketing. As popular as Zelda is in the gaming community it's virtually unheard of among the general public. Without a massive ad campaign during the build up to release the film wouldn't even make a dent in the box office. 

And while on the subject of fans, you can't please everyone. If Zelda were to become a movie Link would have to talk. The whole silent protagonist vehicle works in the game because the player themselves gives voice to the character, something that a movie can't do. The main character needs to talk, and there in lies the problem. Who do you cast as Link, do you cast him as British, Australian, American. Purists would cry racism if an Asian actor isn't chosen, but technically speaking domestic movies with a foreign lead do poorly in the box office.

I personally think that The Legend of Zelda would be better suited for Television. If Game of Thrones, Legend of the Seeker, Merlin and Atlantis have taught us anything it's that even with minor budgets and good writing fantasy can work on tv.

Posted

No it can't and no it won't. Zelda would translate horribly to TV just as much as a movie. Link always travels alone or with one partner for the majority of the games. So there would be really no conversations or character drama. Not to mention, while Zelda has AMAZING gameplay, the stories are always basic and sub par. If anything, the stories only serve the gameplay, and not the other way around. I really don't wanna watch a show about a guy collecting equipment and solving puzzles. It'd be awful.