Chase's Top 25 Games of the Last Generation

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't see this thread for some reason. Nice thread. No Pokemon, though

Posted

There wasn't a console Pokemon or it would probably be on there. I'm going to do a separate list for handhelds.

Posted

Oh, for some reason I thought that I saw A Link Between Worlds

Posted

WHY THE HELL IS DARK SOULS SO FAR FROM #1

Also, I definitely agree with you on Assassin's Creed. I personally enjoyed the first game very much, and would have liked to see all the refining 2 did, applied to 1. And a voice for Altair that actually made sense. 2 was a great game and a fantastic sequel to be everything the first game needed improving on, brotherhood and revelations were both progressively worse. I loved the setting for assassin's creed 1, and would have liked to go back to that again.

Posted

I largely agree that these games (at least the one's I've played) are some of the greats of this fading generation, even if I disagree on the order they were put in. 4 respect points for not being afraid to put some controversial picks in there. 

Side note: Half-Life 2 was from the previous generation before this last (it was on the PC and original X-Box) even though it was released on this last gen via the Orange Box. The Half-Life 2 episodes could be considered last gen, tho.

Posted

WHY THE HELL IS DARK SOULS SO FAR FROM #1

Also, I definitely agree with you on Assassin's Creed. I personally enjoyed the first game very much, and would have liked to see all the refining 2 did, applied to 1. And a voice for Altair that actually made sense. 2 was a great game and a fantastic sequel to be everything the first game needed improving on, brotherhood and revelations were both progressively worse. I loved the setting for assassin's creed 1, and would have liked to go back to that again.

See I liked Assassins Creed 1's sarcastic Asshole voice for Altair. I know its not historically accurate, but we aren't seeing a historical occurence, just the genetic memory of it. It sounds a lot like desmond cause its filtered through him. I wish it had been the same with Ezio