The AMA no one asked for

37 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you think of Kill la Kill?

Gosh, don't you already know my opinions on this show?? But I guess I can (rubbishly) summarise them for you and everyone else here... instead of only having disjointed skype chats to work with, lol. Maybe I should cross-post this to the japanese kids cartoons thread where people who actually watch this will actually see it. This is really rambly though. and I'll spoiler tag it since it's long and rambly:

pros: the story is interesting and well-paced, most of the characters are likable and enjoyable to watch (special mention goes to mako & nonon), the soundtrack is lovely, it has an unique animation style. it's just an interesting show! it's oddly compelling to watch, and i think it strikes a decent balance between taking it's plot seriously and using it as an excuse to piss around for an episode or two. most of the humour works in general.

cons: the fanservice. dear god the fanservice. it's the one thing that makes me feel exceedingly guilty to be a fan of the show, to be honest. it's a constant reminder that i am not in the intended demographic for this show. though, the whole message about feeling comfortable in your own skin and overcoming, ignoring and showing that you are better than how society views you and other girls' bodies, i liked that message, and i feel it's something that needs to be addressed today, since the double standard is unfortunately still a thing. however i can't help but feel it's dampened by the fact that this is an anime, where most viewers of this kind of anime are neckbeardy dudes. which the message will fly over the heads off and they will really only see the fanservice. i would say also that the message is there to justify including the fanservice, and not the other way around. which disappoints me. and i'm not really sold on the whole "it's all allegory for female puberty and the struggles of girls growing up in our sexist society" viewpoint either. i dunno.

the rapey comedy that was in the first few episodes was unbelievably uncomfortable and unnecessary. literally there for some cheap laughs. which is just. ugh. i'm glad that that aspect has been toned down immensely in recent episodes. though i will never really like mako's dad/brother, the teacher and the actual outfit as a result. also nudist beach as an organisation creeps me out and is immensely shady. totally predicting they will be villains later on. and will be solely comprised of middle aged men because only that group actually cares about nudist rights or w/e. creepcreepcreepy

What are your expectations for Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann?

I have no idea what this show is about? Is it giant robots? Who says I'm actually going to watch it with you??? these are important questions, pheo...

oh woops more questions since i opened this tab (why did this take me two hours to write.) lemme get on those the now

Are there any pop icons that you'd like to collab with in the future? I heard you were on Ke$ha and Jay-z's lists...

You're a few years late on the Ke$ha front... I can confirm the popular rumours that this subdued song of hers was in fact the result of inspiration from/a collaboration with me... feel honoured, I usually wouldn't reveal this dark secret so casually...

As for future collabs... perhaps i'd be up for helping out with a video game or visual novel or wutever... 

why must you fill me with such despair?  :sadlink:

my answer to this question is my avatar. look at it for up to 15-20 minutes and you will understand everything.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

ah, good point there :P

let's say that, hypothetically, I am a huge fan of Nagito Komaeda and from this day forward I'm just going to endlessly comment on how kawaii and wonderful he is. on a scale of 1 to 10 how awesome would I be?

Posted

What do you use to wash your dishes?

Posted

BUT

But what if Savergen1 wanted to be shipped with pheo to the ends of time? How would you feel? How would you resolve this?

What if Savergen1 wanted a cascade/pheo/savergen1 threesome?

Who /is/ Savergen1 anyway?

Posted

So we all know you as the waterfall diva, but rumor has it that you'll be playing a small role in the third hunger games movie. Tell us, is this the start of an acting career? How will this effect your music? And do you have any other secret careers coming up?

Posted

let's say that, hypothetically, I am a huge fan of Nagito Komaeda and from this day forward I'm just going to endlessly comment on how kawaii and wonderful he is. on a scale of 1 to 10 how awesome would I be?

There isn't even a scale for this. You're officially dead to me. I won't stand for such awfulness.

What do you use to wash your dishes?

I know what you want to hear... sorry to burst your bubble (hurr), but I will always use the true, the one and only, Fairy Liquid. Made from the harvested blood of Fairy-type Pokémon, hence the name. I've included some examples below...

J7Me7ee.jpg

If someone sent me over a bottle of Cascade Detergent then that person would receive my heart, forever and always. I'll take photos of detergent and diva together, even...

BUT

But what if Savergen1 wanted to be shipped with pheo to the ends of time? How would you feel? How would you resolve this?

What if Savergen1 wanted a cascade/pheo/savergen1 threesome?

Who /is/ Savergen1 anyway?

Then I would just have to gun pheo down then, wouldn't I? He can't be interfering with DESTINY. My diary told me so...! Savergen1 will just have to deal. They're mine. forever. literally it's my alt account duh guys how did nobody figure it out. why do you think I always know what's happening here, even when I'm away for huge periods of time...?

So we all know you as the waterfall diva, but rumor has it that you'll be playing a small role in the third hunger games movie. Tell us, is this the start of an acting career? How will this effect your music? And do you have any other secret careers coming up?

Yeah, I'm in talks to replace Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in Mockingjay. A small, simple role to test whether an acting career will be viable. And no worries, will still be making music collaborations regardless of what happens with this jig. Thanks for always supporting me as a loyal fan!!! (: xoxo

WILL YOU READ THIS WITHOUT ME TELLING YOU ANYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT THAT IT'S ADORABLE?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/horimiya/

I will read this because it's you, Sayuri. It has been bookmarked for later use... I hope it isn't adorable in a tragic sense, though... ;; 

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

When are you coming to Australia so we can party and live the skins life?

Posted

When are you coming to Australia so we can party and live the skins life?

You don't know what you're suggesting here... neither of us is truly prepared to rock the Skins lifestyle... even I won't deny that... I'll come visit and we can watch Skins and laugh and judge the characters for not being us instead :>

Ammonsa likes this

Posted

(You were supposed to say Savergen1 was some kind of god or something geez)

Are you on Teto's ship?

Posted

Better yet, am I on Teto's ship?

Posted

(You were supposed to say Savergen1 was some kind of god or something geez)

Are you on Teto's ship?

are you implying that i'm not some kind of god in relation to these forums?? blasphemer...

Better yet, am I on Teto's ship?

please redirect these questions to the appropriate AMA. Only Teto can choose who is on his ship...

Posted

Whats the next anime we are going to watch together cascade? (thats not wooser season 2. that doesn't count)

Posted

Whats the next anime we are going to watch together cascade? (thats not wooser season 2. that doesn't count)

You can choose something I SUPPOSE. Why on earth is Wooser even getting another season how can they manage to make a show make LESS sense...

Posted

I KNOW RIGHT?

Maybe, just maybe, this one will make sense (but probably not)