The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds General

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I havent played it in like a week, but I'm on the last dungeon. I'm said I wasn't able to upgrade my sword to lv 3 before that though, and I also only have the blue tunic. Is the red tunic better? I have no idea where to find it.

finally beat this moments ago. The ending was kinda spoiled for me on tumblr, but i still enjoyed it. 

Ravio is so cute. Him and Hilda make a good couple

Posted

Only just now started playing A Link Between Worlds. I set my mind to beating OoT 3D before starting on this, and I did that this weekend so huzzah for that. The game is really great so far, and I've never really enjoyed a 2D zelda as much as this one. Phantom Hourglass didn't leave me with any distinct impression, and I didn't get far in Spirit Tracks. Otherwise I've only played Seasons, and not far through that either.

First thing I've noticed about ALBW is how much more important rupees are. in OoT you basically just needed money for a couple of shields and that was basically it? Sometimes you'd open a chest and get 50 rupees when your wallet was already maxed out, so it was underwhelming and sometimes a little frustrating. But rupees didn't seem that important, and I feel like it might have been the same for a lot of the other games I played, those being Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, and Phantom Hourglass. It's pretty satisfying to get so much cash, and to have so many games for making money.

Apart from that the game is just good and I don't really feel like I have any other observations or comments.

Posted

digging your new fib-sig teto

Posted

the only golden triangle that matters

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Has anyone ever fought an actual person's Shadow Link in this game? I'm disappointed in how obtuse and crummy this multiplayer functionality is :(

Posted

I do very very often. I always go to the mall so a lot of people pass by.

Posted

I live in the middle of nowhere so I get nobody else to tag :(

Posted

I live in the middle of nowhere so I get nobody else to tag :(

Then live in the middle of somewhere

Posted

meant to mention I beat hero mode last week, it was stupid tough and I had 77 deaths lol

Sahaqiel somehow did a 3 heart challenge of that nonsense

Sahaqiel and Knuckle like this

Posted

low% also; no armor, no shields, no fairies, or bottles for that matter. Just a basic sword and items that are 100% necessary to beat the game.

I died countless times to dungeons, but over 170 to the end boss alone. Still haven't beaten him.

Good job tho Cirt. It is really hard regardless.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

yeah good luck with that final boss, there's a video somewhere on youtube of all the bosses beaten without taking damage, that might help you

Posted

I definitely know how I can beat the end boss, it's just the bats, man. I don't have the scroll or anything, so I can't stay in the wall enough to outlast them, and being in the wall limits my visibility on them.

Posted

I feel like they're dodgeable without using the wall but that's my intuition talking.

Posted

I'm a bit disappointed with the multiplayer -- it would've been cool to have a Four Swords type thing, but I do think that would be asking for too much. I haven't faced any Shadow Links belonging to other players -- in fact, I haven't faced many at all.

I play casually during my free time and I'm currently on my third playthrough: Hero Mode, 3-heart challenge. No registered deaths as of yet. Just got the Master Sword.