Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Agent's Arts

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Like Pheo, I also happen to be an art major who's been taking classes these past couple years. I haven't been able to take many classes at a time so far because of money, but hopefully I take advantage of my good grades and get some scholarship money so I can just finish with community college and move on to whatever's next. 

In the meantime I think it'd be a good idea to get some of my work out there. I have a deviantart but I mostly use it to track artists than post stuff. I'll start with my class stuff and them maybe that'll inspire me to draw and paint more on my own time. Here's a huge, blurry photograph of a graphite and charcoal picture of a Zaku II looking badass from a couple years ago. I apologize for the image quality, I'm not good with an iphone  >.> Looking back on it there's a lot I would do differently had I made this recently, but for the time I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out.wt85.jpg

PrimaGaga and Sayubie like this

Posted

Ugh, I thought I knew which gundam you were talking about and I went back to my tumblr to grab a thing of it I reblogged, but it turns out I have no idea how to tell one gundam from another.

tumblr_mvws8kwyI91s5oxc0o1_500.jpg

Which college are you going to? What year are you? Can I see some of your more recent stuff?

Posted

Pheo's art phoner.

Posted

Ugh, I thought I knew which gundam you were talking about and I went back to my tumblr to grab a thing of it I reblogged, but it turns out I have no idea how to tell one gundam from another.

tumblr_mvws8kwyI91s5oxc0o1_500.jpg

Which college are you going to? What year are you? Can I see some of your more recent stuff?

That picture is of a ground-type Dom and mine is of a Zaku II, neither of which are technically Gundams, just mobile suits, which is what they call mecha in every gundam setting, but I don't expect most people to know that so it's cool. I've been at SWIC since I graduated high school, same as some other dudes here. I've been there for two and a half years now. And yes, you can see some more recent stuff ^_^ here's one that's a few weeks more recent than the last, but still from spring of 2012 :3 I'll get to the present as soon as I build up the courage.vwuz.jpg

A pirate ship in space, charcoal over pencil with some with acrylic paint for the stars. Also shot on a cellular apple product.

PrimaGaga and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Ahhh man, I forgot about that one. So cool.

Posted

I hope you all are prepared to get spooked, cause I'm gonna lay it down on ya.

Here's one of my first projects from my Digital Imaging class I took during the spring semester this year. The instructor was cool with my using a couple of her own stock photos to start off with. I made the eyeballs in photoshop as well as applying filters and rearranging things.3qb6.jpg

Posted

Time for something pretty new. Here's a *gasp* self-portrait I painted this fall semester. I took the picture out front of the house and when I printed it, the printer began to run out of colored ink halfway though; the result being the discoloration of my face. I took this and several photographs that printed correctly to class and asked my teacher what he thought would make the best painting, and he suggested the screwed-up one because it looked interesting, and I agreed. 

v5gw.jpg

Posted (edited)

MY THREAD, I RETURN. (AND TOTALLY HAD FORGOTTEN I'D ALREADY SHOWN THIS WHEN I GOT AROUND TO THIS POST*.)

Drew this two years ago in my Drawing I class at SWIC. It's made using charcoal (probably compressed), graphite (art pencils), and white acrylic paint for the stars that aren't the sun. Please excuse the watermark. :3

space_pirate_thing_by_agent_0079-d7f1qbx

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)
SilverAlchemic and Sayubie like this

Posted

And I am back with new and newish pieces. First, a Godzilla picture I started and might never get around to finishing. I made it in a couple hours the afternoon before I went to see the new movie, which rocked by the way. Vine and compressed charcoal on watercolor paper.

WFiDgQ5.jpg

And now two of my figure drawing from the "Life Drawing" class I took this spring semester. Made these both near the end of the semester as I was continuing to experiment with different media and styles. I found I was most comfortable with charcoal and, having recently read a ton of manga as well as western comics, I wanted to try something more line-based. Also, preemptive apologies for the blurry scans.

pBSnAn0.jpg

TZ3kPcb.jpg

Necropolis, PrimaGaga and Teto like this

Posted

QM9rYuXl.jpg

Drew this a few months ago, and just spent the last hour or so redrawing the lines with ink and then colored penciling. Might do some more on the hair or whatever. 

Sahaqiel and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

This is the result of me taking a picture of an old action figure and screwing around a year and a half ago in Digital Imaging class. Figured I might as well show it here.

e9F1Mfp.jpg

Sahaqiel, Teto, Knuckle and 1 other like this

Posted

Time for highlights from my sketchbook, which I've been doodling in semi-frequently these last few weeks, largely while having paused an episode of some Kamen Rider on someone's face. These will be in chronological order of when I drew them. Sorry for the crappy cell phone photos. I'm not entirely sure where out crappy printer/scanner is. Here's a dude walkin on the bottom of the sea. Blue and black ballpoint pens.

aNWAzh5.jpg

Here's me screwing around with action poses and... a hand for some reason.

dqGg3MQl.jpg

Next up a portrait of Shinnosuke, the titular character of Kamen Rider Drive. Did a pencil sketch while watching drive with Necro and some other friends and went over it with a pen later.

SjNaW04l.jpg

Here's a quick ballpoint pen sketch I did in Drawing II class. The class is Drawing I and II in one classroom, and our instructor didn't have anything ready for us II students to work on that period, so we were free to do whatever while the beginner students did some quick figure drawing practice in different styles. There was a skeleton near me, so I decided to draw it being surprised. Why? I dunno.

0HPosPAl.jpg

and finally, here's a portrait of the character Terui Ryu, a.k.a. Kamen Rider Accel, from the show Kamen Rider W. I drew this yesterday from a screenshot. Graphite and a micron pen. I haven't actually erased any of the graphite guide lines like I usually do with this kind of 2-step drawing. I kinda like how it looks alongside the ink. But at the same time I wonder how it would look if it were clean...

2U5UvcU.jpg

And that's what I've been up to lately in my sketchbook. I mean, there are other sketches I took pictures of, but my phone's camera sucks at focus so I decided not to include them here.

Sahaqiel and pheonix561 like this

Posted

LDEDFqah.jpg

Who could this be? Hmmm.... not ringing any bells. Handsome fella, though.

Posted (edited)

Maybe I should rename this thread "Agent's Kamen Rider Fan-Art" and stop pretending like I might post a thoughtful, carefully crafted masterpiece here one day. Fine art is for losers anyway! I've got men in tight rubber suits riding motorcycles and making sparks fly off the monster of the week with their foam swords! Truly this is what's best in life.

First of all, here's the second form of the angriest secondary Rider, Accel from Kamen Rider W. Quality watercolor pencils feel so good to use. Pretty quick experiment so my lines aren't so hot, but I'm super happy with how the watercolor turned out for how little experience I have. Made this a couple days ago.

HxYVxKrh.jpg

Next, the two main characters of the same show, who are each half of the titular Kamen Rider W, Philip (left) and Shotaro (right). Was experimenting with using a brush and ink for both the linework and shading because I've been reading a lot of Gundam The Origin lately and am super jelly of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, and feel like letting my arcane weeaboo energies loose sometimes. I really like how Shotaro turned out, who I drew first, but feel like I could have done a lot better with Philip. To be fair, his hair is kinda crazy to draw in any medium. Drawn a couple weeks ago.

Xuh0R9lh.jpg

And finally, a portrait of Mitsuzane "Micchy" Kureshima from Kamen Rider Gaim. Just drew and painted this for about 45 minutes today from a screenshot I took right beforehand. Again, these Pentalic watercolor pencils are amazing. Now if only my cell phone camera would focus a bit better...

HATTIF2h.jpg

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)
LLmao ?✊? and Knuckle like this

Posted

Water colors are fun. I always feel like I don't understand them. When I use them it never looks right to me. But you seem to have knack for them