Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Hyrule Warriors (working title), an in-development title for the Wii U. Coming whenever.

This video from the official Nintendo Wii U UK Youtube channel, which also today uploaded trailers for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Dr. Luigi (Wii U), Mario Kart 8 (Wii U), and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U & Nintendo 3DS).

Hyrule Warriors seems to be a Dynasty Warriors-esque beat 'em up, bringing back magic, and also Link wearing a scarf.

Graphics-wise it looks a little underdeveloped, but considering the name isn't final yet I'm taking that to mean it's still got some way to go before being done. So time will tell whether or not that works out.

CidaShipiniZH likes this

Posted

Really excited for this! I also hope we get to play as other Zelda characters too!

NicktezXD likes this

Posted

This isnt the Zelda game that Nintendo has been talking about, so with that, im okay with this. It'll probs be really cool too. 

Posted

The trailer and name are kind of cheesy and even the font with the (not final name) thing next to it looked really unprofessional. I'm not really a fan of the flashy moves, but I think the concept of a Zelda beat-'em-up might be pretty fun. I'm willing to bet it was at least partially inspired by that endurance round in Skyward Sword.

Posted

With the soldiers running around helping you fight the hordes of goblins this looks exactly like everything I dreamed of when I was fourteen. Aside from that, it looks like one of those weird zelda side titles they make every now and then for some reason that isn't even canon, like link's crossbow training, or tetra's trackers or whatever. Certainly looks probably fun? Maybe?

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

Since its like Dynasty Warriors, it will be fun for a little while.

I'm wondering if it will have any sort of story, I know its a spin off and probably non canon but idk, just seems like it would be a little boring without a story, I know theres a couple of wars in the zelda timeline but this probably has nothing to do with them since its most likely non canon. I think Link's outfit looks nice, digging the scarf/cape thing. Fighting alongside what seems to be Hyrulian soldiers or whatever seems cool. I'd buy it, I just don't know if I would buy it at launch.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)
SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I've only played pirate warriors, which was the one piece dynasty warriors game. It wasn't spectacular but it was fun because it was one piece. Hopefully the Zelda theme will make this fun too. Digging the fire rod scene. I love the rods! Also with king dodongo, the bosses look to have a unique spin to them. Like fighting them in the open rather than a closed room like the normal games.

Posted

I have an erection. It's like Dynasty Warriors Zelda. 

Posted

It's like Dynasty Warriors Zelda. 

no, thats exactly what it is...

Posted (edited)

Apparently people have found Zelda, Impa, and Nayru in the trailer

Zelda:

1497639_10151777798061447_1295206016_n_%

Impa and Nayru:

F8Ake3i.png

I guess I can see that being Zelda, but Impa is facing the other way so its hard to tell, and if thats Nayru she must have a new design

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

Super excited for this. I wish we had more info. C:

Infakly and oriflameacadahogar like this

Posted

Looks promising in terms of action & fun, hopefully they'll have a story to go with it, but probably not

Posted

Looks to me like Link has gotten sick of all these monster races that just keep showing up on his adventures and has decided to make a few of them extinct. I'm not a fan of the Dynasty Warriors formula. I've played several hours of Dynasty Warriors Gundam games (who woulda guessed) and they're just not my thing beyond a superficial "Oh, that looked pretty" moment here and there. Hopefully this Zelda game will have some more variety going for it. Even if it just ends up playing like every other DW game I'm sure a lot of people will still love it, and good on them.

Posted

This looks pretty early in development or really shitty for a game that's supposed to be releases in 2014.

Enemy hordes with little or no variation seems lame.

Posted

Exactly! At least in Skyward Sword when you did the horde battle there was a bit more variation and all the identical looking Bokoblins were hard to see because of how dim the lighting was at that part of the game; this just puts a bunch of clones in plain view. :sadlink: