Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

26 posts in this topic

Posted

This didn't take long, people are already making Hyrule Warriors Fan art. I found this impressive piece on DA.

link___hyrule_warriors_by_uniquelegend-d

Eka, Teto, SilverAlchemic and 1 other like this

Posted

Since its like Dynasty Warriors, it will be fun for a little while.

I'm wondering if it will have any sort of story, I know its a spin off and probably non canon but idk, just seems like it would be a little boring without a story, I know theres a couple of wars in the zelda timeline but this probably has nothing to do with them since its most likely non canon. I think Link's outfit looks nice, digging the scarf/cape thing. Fighting alongside what seems to be Hyrulian soldiers or whatever seems cool. I'd buy it, I just don't know if I would buy it at launch.

I'm telling you, those crossover Chinese warlords are going to show up.

The trailer and name are kind of cheesy and even the font with the (not final name) thing next to it looked really unprofessional. I'm not really a fan of the flashy moves, but I think the concept of a Zelda beat-'em-up might be pretty fun. I'm willing to bet it was at least partially inspired by that endurance round in Skyward Sword.

I'm confused about your reactions to things in life most of the time.  It's pretty obvious that this is gameplay and footage thrown together within a week if not a day. To judge the expected quality or lack thereof of this game, what you really need to be judgmental about is previous games in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8in1hiWI0zE

This looks pretty early in development or really shitty for a game that's supposed to be releases in 2014.

Enemy hordes with little or no variation seems lame.

Posted

I have a theory that this game takes place after Skyward Sword during the colonization of Hyrule by the inhabitants of Skyloft. In Twilight Princess there's mention of a War following the creation of Hyrule, I think this game features that war.

Posted

It looks interesting, however, I don't think this is enough for me to pick up the Wii U as it's largely lacking in games.

If it's purely a hack-and-slash with nothing in the way of story, I definitely won't be getting it as I don't enjoy the tedium of performing tasks ad nauseam.

Posted

This looks like it could be a half-game. Like Pokémon rumble blast. Like a $20 downloadable game.

Posted

@nab Ain't ever played a Dynasty Warriors game, or even really ever beaten a beat-em-up. And anyway, I wouldn't judge a game based on previous comparable games. It still looks really cheesy to me, from the electric guitar cover of the Legend of Zelda theme to how completely pointless some of the flashy moves are. Why would I bring myself to like this game from a series I normally like if it becomes comparable to a game that I wouldn't like? Also, why wouldn't I complain if the trailer was clearly made in a week, if not a day? That's definitely something you say to complain about trailers. "Man, this looks like it was made in a week, if not a day. That's pretty lame."

@James Lu I don't think this is trying to attract people to buy the Wii U, which is odd because of the aforementioned lack of convincing titles. They definitely might have spent more time than this on a trailer if they were trying to get people hyped.

@LL The trailer does lack a variety of enemies, but the enemies that aren't Bokoblins do look interesting to fight. My only complaint about them is that the Skyward Sword monsters don't look like they match with the environment. They still look much too bright and colorful, even though Link got a makeover that makes him more world-appropriate.

Infakly and CidaShipiniZH like this

Posted

Yeah, the enemies don't match Link, really. The scenery is lacking in personality, too.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

@nab Ain't ever played a Dynasty Warriors game, or even really ever beaten a beat-em-up. And anyway, I wouldn't judge a game based on previous comparable games. It still looks really cheesy to me, from the electric guitar cover of the Legend of Zelda theme to how completely pointless some of the flashy moves are. Why would I bring myself to like this game from a series I normally like if it becomes comparable to a game that I wouldn't like? Also, why wouldn't I complain if the trailer was clearly made in a week, if not a day? That's definitely something you say to complain about trailers. "Man, this looks like it was made in a week, if not a day. That's pretty lame."

Do not ever bother to play a Dynasty Warriors game. Dynasty Warriors is inherently garbage. And this game will be exactly the same as Dynasty Warriors, because Hyrule Warriors is inherently a Dynasty Warriors game, made by the same development company as Dynasty Warriors, and that series has gone through eight game iterations without any change in gameplay, and the most recent game was inherently garbage. It looks absolutely cheesy, because the Dynasty Warriors games are absolutely cheesy. The flashy moves look completely pointless because do I need to go on Dynasty Warriors

I certainly do not want you to bring yourself to like this game. The one and only point expressed in my post was that it's dumbus to say WOW THAT CLEARLY TEMPORARY FONT THAT HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH THE FINAL GAME LOOKS UNPROFESSIONAL. It's obvious that this footage didn't go through any sort of art department, and I feel offended on behalf of whoever does their logos that you think flat white-on-black text has any bearing on their actual work.

Go take a look at some Dynasty Warriors footage, like one of the videos I've posted from 3 or 8 in this thread. It's not as if we're talking about a social stereotype; this game is intentionally linked to Dynasty Warriors, and it's really strange to say you won't judge (meaning going in with expectations??) this game based on a near-identical game series put out by the same company. 

This video is still extremely relevant:

Posted

I was under the impression that you were telling me not to be so hard on this game because it's like Dynasty Warriors, and Dynasty Warriors was good despite its cheesiness so I should give Hyrule Warriors the benefit of the doubt.

That video was absolutely horrendous. Painful to watch. The horrible cinematography, voice acting, how the background music was so loud and yet didn't dip in volume for the narration. The music is painfully edgy, too. The gameplay just looks clunky and dull. Hyrule Warriors' trailer looks like a polished gem compared to that video.

Posted

Man. Why do people insist on explaining their side of a misunderstanding when it's clear that both parties already understand?

Hyrule Warriors looks just like that, to me.