What do you want to be when you grow up?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Living the dream

Posted

Ninja. I wanted to be a ninja. I was distraught to learn that was no longer a viable profession

Posted

An Artist.

Suck it nerds.

Posted

I think I wanted to be  a scientist and a writer when I was really little, though honestly I constantly changed what I wanted to be throughout my life, though I still want to be a writer, that was always a constant for some reason. But I doubt that I will achieve that anytime soon haha.

Posted

Well do you write? That's the one and only step

Posted

Well do you write? That's the one and only step

Yeah I write, I try to write as much as I can, but I can't see myself writing anything meaningful or actually good.  I am kinda not smart enough to be any good at it.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Yeah I write, I try to write as much as I can, but I can't see myself writing anything meaningful or actually good.  I am kinda not smart enough to be any good at it.

Oh well, I for one hope you prove yourself wrong. You see plenty of authors and artists who don't hit mainstream until they're in their 30s or 40s. Keep at it for as long as you enjoy it and reap the rewards if they come.

Posted

I was trying to make a point. You already are one. And if you don't think so, then maybe you want to be a famous writer or something rather than write things

Davit_5 likes this

Posted

I remember I used to really want to be a primary school teacher when I was a kid... that plan kinda fell through once I realized I absolutely can't stand children. Child!me would be absolutely devastated by the fact.

I don't even know what I want to do nowadays. Maybe I'll just marry into money or something...

Jareddude likes this

Posted

When I was a kid, the girl-next-door BFF I had and I found a baby bird under her porch, and we wanted to take care of it until it could fly on its own. She was letting it drink water out of a bowl or something and I was watching this happen, and the bird repeatedly raised its head to gulp down its water that it sipped from the bowl, but one time its head stayed up for a long time, and I asked her why it wasn't taking another drink. She said she didn't know, and the bird's head lolled to one side, because it had died in my friend's hand. I still don't know exactly what happened to it. So around that age, say 7 or 8, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Whenever I talk about my interests with my mom, she always encourages me, saying I can make a lot of money that way. She thought I'd be a great vet.

One night, she came home from work around 11pm, but only me and her boyfriend's kid were there to answer the door, and we were upstairs asleep in the house they lived in. She climbed up on the roof of the garage to knock on our window, and she woke up the other kid before I woke up. By the time I got downstairs I found out my mom had slipped and got really bloodied up after falling off the roof. I've never seen someone covered in so much blood. I think some part of one of her arms was described as "shattered". But I calmly got some paper towels and soaked them to clean up her wounds while they called an ambulance or prepared to take her to the hospital or something. So she thought I'd be good as a doctor of some kind. I eventually lost interest in that profession, because I'm more interested in creating things than I am about getting messy in someone else's blood, even if it's an animal's. I still want to help people, just in a different way. But even then, I've been trying to be more selfish so I can focus on my own goals.

Posted

Money isn't sentient and cannot give consent.

Posted

When I was a kid I wanted to be a Paleontologist. Between Jurassic Park, The Land Before Time, and documentaries like Walking With Dinosaurs (which I probably still have on VHS lying around somewhere), I was obsessed with dinosaurs and drew them constantly in elementary school. Since then I've drifted away from dinosaurs, and after years of telling myself I had some kind of artist's block I finally realized when I started college that I want to make a living through art.

Posted

I want to be a voice actor as well, but for the moment I'm thinking about doing something in computer science. It'd also be kinda alright to be a middle-to-high school teacher or a professor. Of what I have no idea, but still.