Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I love breakfast (And you do too)

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Inspired by Saha's somewhat recent show of breakfastular affection to Kaffles, I have decided to show my affection for Breakfast. I love breakfast, and its more than that its the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is the most enjoyable, and the only time I can eat food comfortably without outside stimulus, be it engaging in conversation or watching/ listening to something, but with breakfast I can truly enjoy my food alone with my thoughts. Just the thought of getting up at 4 in the morning, making fresh oatmeal, warm with butter and honey and a piece of toast, in the quiet serenity of dawn, still more blue than red. Its like being in a different world, for an hour. Then you gotta go about your day of course. I'm actually more of a night person than morning, but I still find the place between groggy and awake to be very good state to be in. The process of making breakfast, the single group of foods I can make competantly and completely, is very enjoyable. I think this is because there are a fairly small list of ingredients that you can use, a meat, usually bacon which provides grease with which to use to make everything else, Eggs, whether to scramble, fry, omelet(this is a verb now), and to use for things like french toast to coat and fry. Potatoes are always a good pice of breakfast, and you can't do breakfast without toast or milk. Putting this all together into a neat, well presented platter is just as good as eating it. So, gush everyone, gush about the best meal of the day. Throw in your thoughts on the meal, what your favorites are, interesting recipes, what have you.

whonWoffThino and Agent Zako like this

Posted

I hate breakfast most of the time. I have trouble eating (and keeping down) food before noon. So i try to avoid it.

Posted

Eggs are the best breakfast regardless of shape or form.

>< I avoid eating cereal or sweetened oatmeal for breakfast because they make me nauseous.

My household doesn't really have salty breakfast foods (not counting eggs) so I sort of just run out with a hawaiian bread in my mouth. :U

Sahaqiel and emsomniac like this

Posted

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Posted

Especially when there's a tall glass of milk and then a shorter glass of orange juice next to it like on cereal commercials

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I quite like breakfast, myself.I don't put as much of myself into it as Necro, but I still enjoy the process, especially when omelettes are involved. Also, I always assumed breakfast was often referred to as the most important meal because it is expected that one has gotten a healthy 7-8 hours of sleep beforehand and had eaten dinner a few hours before going to bed, making the gap between meals largest before breakfast. Not that that's a very realistic generalization nowadays. 

Posted

This reminds me of the orange juice thread

Though for real breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day. I love cooking breakfast and I love cooking breakfast for people. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, you name it. Sooo yummy. Breakfast for dinner even is 100% acceptable in my book and I fully intend on preparing it for my family someday. Breakfast all the time ok

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted (edited)

Yup

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

Breakfast for dinner is an event

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

it's a lifestyle

Posted

I'm not a nutritionist, but I think some foods only being "for breakfast" is arbitrary and dumb. Like, eggs are acceptable for breakfast, but they're not for lunch unless it's a sandwich. People are weird.

Anyway yeah, I really like eggs, and supposedly they're really good for you. I tend to also make a couple slices of bacon, but we tend to only have turkey variety. Which is another thing; turkey bacon supposedly isn't very beneficial either, and neither is avoiding fat or butter. So I'll eat a couple eggs as a bare minimum. Nothing with milk though. Almond milk is pretty delicious, particularly Silk's dark chocolate variety.

As for breakfast presentation, I'd sometimes make tea in a fancy little teacup on a fancy little coaster-plate, next to my breakfast offerings on a matching, larger plate, and eat it underneath the overhanging lights in the kitchen on an elevated cushioned seat on our kitchen island. It looked pretty fancy, leastways, but it was mostly just me fooling around. Good atmosphere though.

Posted

I have this weird urge to say that I eat egg raw or cooked at any time of day.

and then there's balut :>

Posted

Okay, time to bust out a recipe. Pretty simple, but its one of those things you find yourself wondering how you haven't thought of that before. You start with eggs in a basket. If you don't know how to make that you just cut a circle out of a piece of buttered bread about the size of a shot glass, then cook it. You then put a fried egg in the middle and sort of let the egg white surround and close up the hole as it cooks. Easy and delicious. Tou make two of these. You put a slice of cheese on top of each, and then... You make a grilled cheese sandwhich out of them. Grilled cheese eggs in a basket.

Posted

I can't even imagine eating an egg raw like. I've gotta cook my egg all the way through, even when frying. Yolk weirds me out when it's runny. 

Does anyone else kind of like the smell of hard boiled eggs? I don't find it like super appetite appealing but it isn't a bad smell to me.

SilverAlchemic likes this