Dangan Ronpa

111 posts in this topic

Posted

I've played all the DR games now. Here's my review.

DR1 > DR2 > DRAE

DR1's plot is the best by far and frankly I'd like it if they just treated it as a stand alone game. DR2's got slightly better gameplay but the plot is slightly not as good. Still enjoyable, I just didn't like it as much. DRAE is full of "eh." plot is downright boring and overall disappointing, save for a few jaw droppingly tense moments. The whole reason to play that game is to watch Komaru and Fukawa lezzing it up non stop, and occasionally enjoy the series' objectively best character, kurokuma. But really, unless you're a diehard DR fan, you can skip AE.

After hearing the news that DR3 would be an anime that wraps up this whole story, and DR3 the game will be a completely new universe, I get the impression the studio feels the same way as I do about their story; They started strong with DR1, then fucked it up. They probably just want to finish it all off and try again. Though at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if DR3 the game was actually set in the same universe as the other games, and the studio is lying about that just to surprise us.

Posted (edited)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/413410/

Weird, DR 1 and 2 were discovered in the Steam database last month, but still, weird

I think the Danganronpa universe is super interesting and that the games have some great world building. I kind of like DR 1 and 2 equally myself, I agree that DRAE is the weakest, I think pretty much everyone does, but I've enjoyed it so far. I actually still have to beat it, I stopped playing it a little over a week ago even though I was at the start of the final chapter. Very excited for the upcoming anime and game. It kind of sucks that even though we'll be able to watch the anime this year, NISA probably won't have V3 out until next year.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

Dangan Ronpa 3 got a trailer. 

from 3:03: the first 3 minutes are summaries of the first two games. This is really rough, I'm going to type as I listen.

The Future Foundation, formed of former Hope's Peak Academy students desiring to reclaim the former world.

Hope kills hope.

In 2016, the curtain opens on a new death game. The final chapter of the Hope's Peak Academy series, Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy: Future, broadcast starting in July

4:00

Wait, you're saying we forgot something? We haven't talked about the most important thing? Why did these students fall to despair?

This is the other Danganronpa 3 -- the story that leads to The Worst Event in Human History. Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy: Despair -- production confirmed!

Wait, who am I? I used to be the ultimate housekeeper!

12321453_1661378780792413_54258313880671

DR3 seems to be another killing game, and this is the cast they revealed. Now to think who's going to be prey and who will be predators.

Double45 and Knuckle like this

Posted (edited)

Interesting, thanks for the translation Luneth, I had heard it was going to be split into a Future arc and a Despair arc already, but it's cool to know what was being said, like the Ultimate Housekeeper stuff

The anime cast is looking nice, I hope we get to see the cast of Danganronpa V3 soon

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Looking at the teaser pic a bit more. The girl kinda looks like the love child of Makoto and Kyoko. Dunno though. We should be getting more info soon since the anime starts up in july.

V3teaser.png

also to edit; they are apparently also remaking the trials of Dangan Ronpa 1 for Playstation VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvl95iitb1g

Subsubnote: After seeing the trainwreck of the funimation dub, I'm kinda scared what they'll do to Dangan Ronpa 3. 

Edited by Luneth Uchiha (see edit history)
Knuckle likes this

Posted

DR3.thumb.jpg.348fe278137d08c84eca99e4e1

Dangan Ronpa 3 Future premiered today. Good to see old Monokuma at it again.