Dangan Ronpa

111 posts in this topic

Posted

So I actually watched those three dang grandpa videos and the meet the characters thing, it was kinda funny even as someone who's never played the game or seen the show.

Posted

Weeb sayaka is the best sayaka

Posted

The western release for Dangan Ronpa 2 OFFICIALLY confirmed at NISA's press conference today, apparently it should be released in both NA and Europe/Australia around Autumn this year??? That is so bloody fast jesus christ

but HELLS. F UCKING. YEAH. I want to actually play this one so bad omg ;-; seriously take my word for it, just as great as the first one you guys, story-wise and character-wise (oh man the characters in this game... with the exception of one or two, are wonderful) at least. and the gameplay mechanics look a lot more refined and less painful. gon' be gud (((:

another source about it here, a third source here. i will make you believe this news...

(my copy for the first game better puppyin' arrive today ;-; )

T1g likes this

Posted

I heard in the European version you can beat Komaeda to death with a large rock the moment you see him.

Posted

Was just coming here to post about Dangan Ronpa 2 coming to US. So yeah, beat the main story mode of Dangan Ronpa. Been sick with flu so been trapped in bed since I got it. main game took me about 20 hours to do. I'm doing school mode now and laughing my bass off the whole time. 

Posted

I don't really have anything substantial to add to this thread, but look at who just arrived in my mail today:

LVJC8AD.jpg

He will be joining the unnamed pink whale in the collection of "stuffed animals that watch you sleep". he's so adorably evil... ;-;

I should really write a post about how I felt about the official localisation effort, and all the new stuff in the Vita version, and in general my opinions about the series.... gotta bring this thread back to life somehow!

T1g likes this

Posted

who in the world sent you that??? legit question. Did you buy it for yourself?

Posted

How the hell do you figure that isn't something substantial to add to the thread? It's frickin' awesome is what it is.

Cascade likes this

Posted

If someone I knew had sent me a Monokuma plushie of this quality they would forever have my love I ain't even kidding. But no, I found it whilst browsing for DR merchandise online and it was amazingly priced for what it was (£20! including shipping, what a snag), so I figured I needed to buy it. No room is complete without a Monokuma watching your every move you know.

(sadly, not as cuddly as the whale. but I suppose evil robot teddy bears aren't well known for their cuddle factor...)

(I may have bought a ton of DR fan merchandise whilst I was at it... I'll post them as they get delivered, maybe.... I am an addict and I have a problem :c )

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

MORE MERCHANDISE FINALLY ARRIVED. 

This includes a "cute poster of the best damn character in this series":

fiVDdk2.jpg

Also includes SPOILERS!!! so don't look ahead if you haven't already had me spoil literally everything about the game for you.

I say, with my avatar being a blatant spoiler for the endgame. Ehh, nobody looks at those anyways.

Here is a "Super-expensive, rare figurine with hilariously silly anime proportions from Japan of the best damn character in this series, that I didn't actually pay anything for because thank god for unused birthday Amazon gift balance (':"

PkDukIa.jpg

I've had the next one for ages but I think I've only shown two people it? So here it is again. "Super cute chibi keyring of (say it with me everyone) the best damn character in the series." (also a bonus appearance from Teddie, Eevee, one of the actually cute bears from animal crossing)

i9wMomf.jpg

So, now I have a Junko keyring, Junko figure, Junko poster, a Monokuma plushie and Monokuma hairties. Does anyone want to wager a guess at who my favourite character is????

I demand this be changed to the Junko appreciation thread

have I made this post come true now

Knuckle and T1g like this

Posted

Yes...YES....

Cascade likes this

Posted

So wait, Mukuro Ikusaba 

and Junko Enoshima are the best character at the same time?

T1g likes this

Posted

Where did you get that Junko poster Cascade?

I always say that Junko is my favorite character, but really its Mukuro while she is Junko thats my favorite character. (evil junko is also pretty rad)

And I actually really like Mukuro's character (fleshed out in the one side story the writer wrote).

So I guess that makes Mukuro my favorite character? Its confusing.

All I know is

mKM9ZOzHUVTn81PRhEJfdIg.jpg

I want this

Posted

Fine Cascade, don't tell me the secret of your swag