Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Culture rant

16 posts in this topic

Posted

So i just posted this on tumblr, im not sure what to expect. Hopefully it'll just go unnoticed. But i wanted to share it with you guys to see if anyone has anything to share or discuss over it.

Maybe this is just me being white, but i feel like "white culture" (whatever the puppy that means) isnt allowed to evolve in any way because whenever it does, it's automatically racist. I understand that somethings are, and should be off limits, (such as wearing a Native American tribal headband) but like, twerking? People are legitimately getting angry over a form of dance. Is dancing not supposed to be fun anymore? Like puppy, America (at least) is a societal and cultural melting pot. All cultures borrow and change and evolve when mixing with other cultures. It's not a white devil thing! I understand that white people have done horrible things in the past, and some of "us" continue to today. But im so tired of going on tumblr and feeling like a piece of shit because i happen to be white, a man, and cisgendered. Oh well at least im gay so im not 100% pure shit evil in the eyes of tumblr.

Anyways, have fun. Be respectful, be proactive, but have fun. And dont just have fun with people of your own race, or creed, or sexuality, or culture, or whatever. We are all human so just go out and live life with everyone else and have fun. 

puppy.

I know this forum is mostly white, and as far as i know, the rest of Hnet is various asian. As far as I know. But yeah, tell me what you think. Are whites automatically the devil or are we actually people like the rest of the world? u_u

edit- i cant get some of the quote to change color...

Knuckle and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

The text in the quote refuses to be white-washed like the rest of the world

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

The majority of Tumblr's makeup is a collection of ignorant children who think the world is filled with only victimized angels and white devilmen, who cares what they think?

Posted

Sometimes, I need to be reminded that a very large amount of Tumblr users are in high school still. 

Posted

Are whites automatically the devil or are we actually people like the rest of the world? u_u

I don't...

I–what

._. Please avoid overexposure to that side of tumblr. It's really bad for your health.

(Also, I don't really see why twerking is so "in" in the culture scene but I don't really understand dancing anyway)

Posted

There isn't really a white culture. Its just as segmented and different as every other ethnicity. I get frustrated with tumblr sometimes in much the same way. End of the day its really not worth your time. There was a period where those places didn't exist, I can't remember any sjw stuff before like....2010? Maybe 11. Give it 2 or 3 years.

Posted

Honestly, the angry ones on tumblr irk me. It's one thing to say "hey, this is weird and contradictory and we should probably fix that" and then a completely different thing to blame it on a group of people to the point of making cis-het-white-male a bad thing. I agree with sayuri--limit contact with the angrier ones.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Yeah, I guess it just sucks cause im afraid to post a lot of stuff and be myself on my own blog.

Posted

There's no point in being yourself, though.

Posted

smash the state

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Incidentally, there's a phrase that always pops in my head when I see movie previews, theater selections, or advertisements. It summarizes all of them pretty nicely.

"The adventures of white people."

Ammonsa likes this

Posted

this thread is dumb and if you think you're actively being oppressed because you're white, then you're dumb. 

Posted

If you let others make you feel bad, then you deserve to feel bad. That's how I see it. This applies to everything, in my opinion.

Posted

this thread is dumb and if you think you're actively being oppressed because you're white, then you're dumb. 

i dont think, or even feel oppressed. But i still think it's problematic to treat innocent people like garbage. It's counter productive and hypocritical. 

i think feeling offended and feeling oppressed are completely different feelings.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

i dont think, or even feel oppressed. But i still think it's problematic to treat innocent people like garbage. It's counter productive and hypocritical. 

i think feeling offended and feeling oppressed are completely different feelings.

Fair enough, sorry for misunderstanding, it's just that there IS a a large amount of people who think that as of the 21st century white men are the most oppressed people in western society and it's kind of bizarre as to how they get to the stage where they can think that.

PrimaGaga likes this