Posted

I don't even know how many of you watch cartoons, but here goes

Out of the stuff that's currently airing I've been watching:

Adventure Time

Regular Show

Rick & Morty

Steven Universe

Teen Titans Go

Theres some other stuff I have to go back and watch at some point like Book 2 of Korra.

Last night there was a p. decent Powerpuff Girl's special on for the 15th anniversary of the powerpuff girls, had a fun discussion going on in the chatroom while it was on. It had some funny moments even though the original creator had nothing to do with it.

Don't know if this thread will survive but I guess it can also be used to discuss the oldies too, animated movies also, but I haven't seen any of those recently

Posted

Can we merge the Anime thread with this one?

I am watching Superman the Animated Series right now.

Posted

I love Rick and Morty, in addition to the other shows on that list. But Rick and Morty, man. That shit is golden. Not surprising since it's by Dan Harmon, and i love his work on Community.

I like that idea, LL, but i think a Television thread would be better. Or at least not the Anime thread. I get lost in that so easily. We'd mention cartoons once and then 5 pages would happen of strictly anime and we'd never be able to discuss cartoons. 

Posted

I'm not watching a ton right now but...

This scene is one of my favorites in the dc animated universe

Posted (edited)

I just saw that there's a Yes reference in the Mxyzpixilated episode of Superman.

Edited by °ᵕ° (see edit history)

Posted

Superman animated was pretty damn good. Have you seen... I think its called Fathers day?

Posted

Not yet. I am about halfway through the whole series

Posted

I love Rick and Morty, in addition to the other shows on that list. But Rick and Morty, man. That shit is golden. Not surprising since it's by Dan Harmon, and i love his work on Community.

I like that idea, LL, but i think a Television thread would be better. Or at least not the Anime thread. I get lost in that so easily. We'd mention cartoons once and then 5 pages would happen of strictly anime and we'd never be able to discuss cartoons. 

Have you seen the original Doc and Mharti videos? I think theres 3 of them, I'll just link one of them

You can find the other two on youtube by searching Doc and Mharti, the other two have cruder humor than Rick & Morty has had so far, but they're not as good as Rick & Morty imo, these were actually made by the co-creator of Rick & Morty, Justin Roiland, that voices both of the characters, I don't know much about Dan Harmon but its crazy to think that he saw enough potential in these shorts to co-create Rick & Morty with him.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I like how its obviously Back to the Future.

And that video you posted is deff the basis for the latest epsiode with the Mr Mesiees (or wutever they were called)

Posted

Community is pretty great and I suggest it to everyone. It's the sitcom to end all sitcoms, similar to how "Cabin in the Woods" was the end to all Horror flicks. Season 4 was just okay in my book. Dan Harmon was fired durring season 4, but season 5 (current season) features him back on the show, or rather, behind it. I'd show you a clip from it but you really gotta know the characters to really understand how great each moment is. Season 1 is a slow start, but an essential one. 

Just to let you know how crazy the show is, Season 1 episode 1 is a typical pilot, with a group of misfits coming together to form a spanish class study group at a community college. Season 5 episode 5, which just aired, is was entitled "Geothermal Escapism" or better known as "Community: Lava World." Season 2 also features a zombie outbreak!

Posted

^As true as all of that is, why is it in the cartoons thread?

Posted

Because of reasons

Posted

I don't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a cartoon that I was watching alone. But in the final episode of Superman the Animated Series, Superman is under a red sun lamp and about to be executed. He asks Lex Luthor for one last request because he's powerless and just as normal as Lex Luthor. Luthor leans in and asks him what it is and gets punched in the face. It was funny.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Currently torrenting the first 7 episodes of the Wakfu cartoon. There is a kickstarter for i guess an English dub, and if you donate like 40$ you get it on Blu-ray! Unfortunately, they have no plans to release the Blu-rays outiside of the kickstarter so.... sad face. Also there will not be any DVDs, period.