Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cartoons

132 posts in this topic

Posted

I am purposefully not signing the petition. I'm doing my part in leaving KND to die.

Good luck trying to reclaim your childhood, losers. I'm gonna go watch Adventure Time, like a reality-embracing ADULT.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted (edited)

Speaking of revivals of Cartoon Network shows, look's like John R. Dilworth is trying to get the Courage the Cowardly Dog reboot off the ground again.

He's started a Kickstarter for "Purdy the Dirdy Birdy II: A Night at Club Sheik", a sequel to a short he did back in 1994

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1397817587/purdy-the-dirdy-birdy-ii-a-night-at-club-sheik

kXnduWf.png

I thought the Courage short released a year or two ago was pretty decent, but it didn't feel the same as the original show. I hope it all goes well for him though.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

Do you guys remember how Mandark's real name was Susan?

Posted

speaking of, this is pretty cool

Posted

Stone Quackers is my new favorite cartoon, besides Steven Universe of course. It took me watching the current series (I think it's on episode 10 or something) 3 times to get it. Once while high, Once while sober, and then again while high. I didn't understand how/why the scenarios in the show developed from the beginning of a scene to the end, but then i realized there really is no rhyme or reason to this show. Think of it like "Regular Show on Crack" (Which is ironic since Regular Show is often considered a druggie show to begin with), I watched and am rewatching the series on Hulu, but I would strongly discourage you from reading any of the episode descriptions until after you "get" the show. They aren't spoilery, they just literally don't make sense. They reflect on each episode as though the series as a whole is well known and a "classic" (Like Seinfeld or Friends) But the series isn't well known, and its pretty new too. So the descriptions just confused me haha. But now I find them as a nice little addition to the show. Like an extra joke each episode. I also just really really like the art style. It's simple but not lazy. I often  find myself staring at their beaks. especially when the camera is straight forward on their faces. Their mouths are..... mesmerizing lmao. Here are some scenes, without context, because i cant find any other YouTube videos that weren't just the whole epsiodes lol.

Also, John C Reilly plays Officer Barry and it's perf.

1_SQ109_Rattenstein_Still03_hires1.jpg

Posted

Been catching up with Clarence on Hulu. Loving it!

Posted

Posted

I LOVE Gumball

Posted

Finally Adventure Time is back. For whatever reason KissCartoon actually has up to episode 3 of season 7, even though only one is meant to be out? I thought? 

"Bonnie and Neddy" felt like it was just setting up lore without really being a satisfying episode individually.

"Varmints" was a gem of an episode I would watch again. Really digging PB's character arc right now, and I hope it doesn't get resolved prematurely like some other stories in AT are.

"Cherry Cream Soda" was sweet as well, and it's cool to see the writers trashing yet more of the sweetness of the show's universe. Also Root Beer Guy was my favourite character, and it was cool to see them return to him, in some respect.

Posted

mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Double45 and pheonix561 like this

Posted

samurai jack was samurai whack

By which I mean I never actually watched it.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I just heard about that, so exicted, the look of Aku there seems to be based on the Genndy cover of Issue 5 of the comic book, which, if you haven't read it, is totally worth the read.

YvNEBwa.png

Also you should really watch the cartoon Teto, it's fantastic

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)
T1g likes this