Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cartoons

132 posts in this topic

Posted

Even as a kid, I found it kind of boring. I feel like people who remember it fondly don't remember how slow and boring it often was. It was pretty, though.

Posted

I used to watch it, but I only saw bits and pieces and I never really understood what was going on. Hopefully this will have longer episodes and things will happen at a faster pace.

Posted

This looks pretty good

T1g likes this

Posted

lots of japanese stuff in there so thats interesting. We all know how xenophobic america can be

Posted

Lol Americans can be hella racist towards Asians, no doubt. But I wouldn't call that "Xenophobic", especially when we have such a huge cult following of "anime" and "manga". If anything, this movie will be praised, probably in spite of it's Japanese thematic roots. I mean, it's a clearly Japanese inspired movie with a main cast of MOSTLY non Japanese actors. Xenophobia is the least of this movie's worries. It's really just another casual Hollywood white wash. I'll still probably see it though, tbh. 

Posted

Zootopia clip that makes a reference to the N word confirms even more the social prejudice theme, with "cute" clearly being a demeaning word to belittle "lesser" animals. It's ridiculously tongue-in-cheek, but I can't tell if it's too much so?

Posted

That movie looks incredibly silly. Is it out yet?

Posted

Nah, in cinemas come March.

Posted

So I managed to watch both seasons of Gravity Falls over the course of 3 days and I loved it and I already miss it

tumblr_ntwkh9GaP61u0emrdo1_r1_1440950558

BUT MY AIM IS GETTIN' BETTER

Posted (edited)

I need to get on that, I've watched the first season and loved it, only seen a bit of the second.

In other news though, Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie finally got confirmed, excited, Hey Arnold is one of my favorite cartoons

http://tvline.com/2016/03/02/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-confirmed-nickelodeon-2017/

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

I got halfway through the finale and haven't got back to it. I'm not super enthusiastic about Gravity Falls, and the disappointment of it ending so soon kind of puts me off even finishing it. Like, I don't really care to watch it's premature death. My denial part if me likes to keep its ending in purgatory, to preserve its spirit.

Posted

I just watched all of Steven Universe in like 5 days. I liked it way more than I thought I would when I saw the first episode 2 or 3 years ago. Now I can't wait for the new episode. >_<

Knuckle and Teto like this