"Tales of" Series

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So I just beat Xillia and its bonus boss and that was pretty rad, and then I started to wonder if anyone else plays the Tales games besides me? I personally have played through

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia 2

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Xillia

and I have started but not completed Tales of Graces f

I have also checked out some of the older ones, but only put a few hours into them, like Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heRVYqvSRvI

Posted

I personally wouldn't mind replaying the first tales of Symphonia. Most RPGs where you just sit there and say "attack" for the entire game I can never finish, but action RPGs like this one and mario and luigi superstar saga are way more fun. Have you finally accepted that they all take place in the same world and are all spiritual successors of each other in the same way that dark souls is a successor to demon souls?

Posted

sucks to be you because I finally gave Tales of Symphonia back to Ross

And no because the more of them I play the more contradictory your theory gets

Posted

HOW IS IT EVEN A THEORY. THEY LITERALLY INTRODUCE CHARACTERS TOWARDS THE END OF ONE GAME THAT SHOW UP IN THE PLOT OF ANOTHER GAME. THEY ARE ALL RELATED TO EACH OTHER. JESUS CHRIST. OR AT THE VERY LEAST VESPERIA IS THE PREDECESSOR TO SYMPHONIA AND I CAN'T SPEAK FOR THE OTHER GAMES BUT THERE IS AT LEAST THAT LITERAL FACT.

Posted

That only happens for games that are literally sequels to each other. Vesperia and Symphonia are not related, they just have mana and 4 of 10 summon spirits appear towards the end. Also Symphonia was made as a prequel to Phantasia, the first game. Tales games are as related to each other as Fire Emblem games are

It's funny how someone who hasn't played a Tales game thinks he knows everything about the plot

Posted

Symphonia was fun and had a cute art style.

Posted

I've played through Symphonia and Vesperia.

Started Symphonia 2, but never got the chance to finish it.

My friend has Xillia, which we plan to start soon. How good is it?

Posted

Ive only heard bad things about Symphonia 2. 

Posted

Symphonia 2 is basically a whole mess of mispotential. The monster taming system was cool, but you couldn't control them and they couldn't use items, so after all your human party members die, you get a game over because no one can revive them, even though a few monsters have a natural resurrection ability. The original 8 members of the Symphonia cast all join your party for parts of the story, but their levels are fixed, which isn't too big of an issue until you start using xp modifiers on new game +, where they will just be weaker than everyone overall.

Also you will probably hate the story and its protagonists. especially Marta. Who knows though, maybe Symphonia Chronicles (the HD rerelease of both games on PS3) will fix these issues

Xillia on the other hand was awesome, and due to the link up system, a lot of the time 2 players is all you will really need. You get to choose which of the two protagonists you want to follow. Most of the story is the same, except certain parts where the two are split from eachother, where you will see things from a different perspective and do dungeons that are unique to each route. I chose Milla because she is awesome and playing as her is really fun (she is an air superiority melee/spellcaster hybrid, who can use elemental melee attacks)

Plot was fine, the characters are likeable, and the difficulty is just right (and if you get too strong you can always increase the difficulty)

So yeah look forward to it

Posted

I heard they're making an HD remake of the first Symphonia, so I'll have to check that out.

I also want to get Vesperia and Abyss.

Posted

I literally mentioned the hd remake in my previous post

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

yeah but nobody reads your posts

Posted

I WAS TIRED WHATEVER

Posted

NO EXCUSES. YOUR PUNISHMENT IS TO GO THROUGH THAT BULLSHIT LABYRINTH DUNGEON FROM SYMPHONIA 2

ALL OF IT

Posted

MAN I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT