Some of My Fanart Sketches

7 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems to me like this section of hyrule.net is kinda dead, but I wanted some opinions on some of my drawings, so here I am... *sigh*

Tools: Watercolor paper (I use it even though I only sketch), Bic #2 0.5 mm mechanical pencil, Hi-polymer white eraser

These are all panels/poses from the Hyrule Historia manga. These are freehand, not traced, but they are the same pose as in the manga.

long_live_the_beautiful_land_of_hylia_by

link__warrior_of_hylia__finished__by_elw

And the crown jewel (in my opinion)... Took me 5-7 hours to draw...

if_you_wish_to_wake_the_lion____by_elway

Well, there you go, let me know what you think. Is it crap? Do you like it? Should I draw something else? Questions, comments, concerns, free verse poems, good jokes, bad jokes, puns, and haikus are all appreciated! Thanks!

ElwayGuy7

Sayubie and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

This is some really good stuff, dude. You should definitely keep at it! I love the way you portrayed the light and dark in the piece with Link drawing the Master Sword. The detail on the third is just incredible.

I don't know enough about art to voice any criticisms.

Posted

I know no more than you do, sir... And thanks for the compliments! I've never taken any classes or anything, so I just went with it... XD

And for the record, in that scene in the manga, he is slamming it into the ground to make a pillar of light to raise the island to the sky to become Skyloft.... LOL 

And really, thanks for actually looking at it! I kinda wondered if this section was even alive anymore... 

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

I enjoy this.

(I would say more but I'm procrastinating on procrastinating at this point which is still only low level procrastination. God save my soul.)

Edited by Sawoobie (see edit history)
SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

May I join the party of procrastination? Or maybe I should join later... Maybe tomorrow... XD

Posted

I like it! so i will write you a haiku :

I clicked this thread,

Not knowing what to expect,

Turns out its damn good.

SilverAlchemic and ElwayGuy7 like this

Posted

@ZuZu Thanks so much for even taking the two seconds to look at my art! It means a lot to me! And you're not a bad poet yourself... XD