Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yo!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys whats up?

I see some familiar names around here still =)

For those that don't know me, I'm an a ex-mod/admin from a long time ago...  I enjoy long walks on the beach, and discussions with anyone, about any thing! so, Hello!

for those that DO know or remember me, fill me in with all the awesome things you've done since I last spoke to you! and... GO!

I've been doing lots of things which i'll get around to sooner or later, but most recently is that I'm about to move cities (tomorrow!). Totally packed, so had a few hours to kill, thought I'd drop in on my favourite Zelda community.

Ammonsa, PrimaGaga and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Not much, its my last semester of college so just the expected stresses of finding a job and stuff.

Posted

How long ago are we talking? I joined the forum around 5 years ago

Posted

He was 2006-2007 if I remember correctly. I was here in early 08, and I think he was either about to leave or had just left at that point lol.

Welcome back ZuZu!

Posted

I remember Zuzu and I'm 2008. I think it was maybe a year or so into my time here that Zuzu left. I posted a bunch and became king of the forum. You have to fight me for your rights now.

Posted

I think I remember your leaving thread? And I specifically said you'd be back one day or something to that effect? HA. I WAS RIGHT.

PrimaGaga and T1g like this

Posted

I don't feel up to updating you on my personal ventures for the past few years, since I retain a lot of details and tell long stories, but maybe some other day. As for Hyrule.net as a whole, we've mostly stagnated, which was bad for awhile with inactivity, but we're at some kind of equilibrium now. We, however, don't get new traffic. We stopped generating content and people stopped coming in. We're mostly all busy with college stuff.

Posted

"Please... come back to us." Sahaqiel's words were drawn out in strangled tones, as he reached out his trembling fingers to Zuzu, shining from the dark clouds above. Crawling through the muck and bones, Sahaqiel moved toward that lone figure, so high and bright in the sky. All around him, the other users scavenged for scraps in the muck, paying no mind to any hope that was offered them. "Please take me from this Hell that we've become. Bring us the sun again so that flowers will grow, and the muck will turn back into soil." But as Zuzu left again, never to return, that fleeting light left that corner of the sky, leaving Hyrule.net to it's continuing sense of stagnation and resignation.

"I just want it to be like it was..." Sahaqiel whispered.

"But we were different people, and now that we're all sensible dramaless young adults, there's no way the forum could thrive in the way it did when we were all at each other's throats over petty things. Now when we're at each other's throats we're a lot more self righteous about it, and so it's a lot more unpleasant." answered one of the passing tramps, bringing a new piece of trash to post in the pictures thread pile.

Posted

I try to get us new members, dawg. I guess. In IRC whenever someone new enters the chatroom I'll immediately start talking to them and try and get them on board. Really low success rate on that, obviously. I think a significant percentage of people here now are people I know IRL or people those people know IRL. No denying that; I'm big in IRL referrals I guess. I just very nearly got a person to staff us for news last (this?) week, but she hasn't shown up since despite being an alright gal. I really don't expect ZuZu to stick around much longer (as it is the case with most returning members) so I wouldn't really think to try and get him more involved. His life appears in-progress.

It's not quite as dramatic as your prose, but I do feel responsibility for the place. I don't really care whether it returns to "how it was" (we were silly youngins being silly and dramatic--more frequently leastways) but I would like it if we at least had enough of a rotation for the influx of new members that the site could survive without us. That's the point we've gotten to. In my opinion, it would be 100% beneficial to Hyrule.net if we all packed up and moved out and were replaced with more enthusiastic fans. We're just a group of friends, not really a fan-site. But as long as we don't get any new members, we're the only hope it has in continuing to even exist, so we can't just leave expecting someone to pioneer a ghost town message board.

Posted

Knuckle - Cool. What did you choose to study? and what job are you trying to get into?

T1G - I was around from about 2006 - 2009, mod/admin from way back

Cirt - Thanks buddy, whats been happening with you?

Teto - Done. you choose the time, I'll choose the place.

Phoenix561 - death to the non-believers!!! i think you were the one that complained the most when I left, how have you been?

Sahaqiel - A true shame because there is alot of potential here, both with the websites and the users, I'll speak with Dustin soon and see what I can do. Yes. Unfortunately, the older you get, the more responsibilities and distractions you earn.. So it becomes harder to spend time doing the things you enjoy. You opened a store though, thats pretty cool, do you take requests and do you ship to Australia?

Teto (pt 2) - Quite the RP-er I see, have you done much writing? I'd love to start to get into it one day, as I do love to read so it seems like a natural thing to want to do. On that note, I am quite sure the forum has matured alot while I was gone.. Probably less teenage whining 

Sahaqiel (pt 2) - Doing something is always better than doing nothing and I commend you for trying.

Can't say how long I will be around - no one really can, better to just go with the moment as the moments come.

No one person is to blame for the activity or inactivity of any website, but give me a website of friends over a website of fans any day of the week. That is the kind of website I would prefer to run to be honest.

As I said earlier, the forum has matured a lot, and I remember you Sahaqiel being a whiney emo kid. I'm glad to see you're done with that and actually doing something with yourself! Being emo was never cool =)

I'll check back in a couple of days. still have lots to do in this new place.

Teto likes this

Posted

You gave me the password to the Wild West, lol. That was five years ago, I think? Regardless, I remember back when you had Sheik as your avatar. 

You may remember me as zeldafancs. 

Regardless, it's good to see you post again, man.

oriflameacadahogar likes this

Posted

lol, whiny emo kid. I honestly don't think I was very whiny or "emo" at all, but people, especially in early high school, made that misconception occasionally, maybe because of my appearance, but even then, it's not even an "emo" appearance. And I don't think I've ever been called whiny. I had a little bit of angst here and there, but everyone does at some point. I used to be known for being proper and well-spoken, I think? Like, sounding older than I am or something. I would also get into arguments really quickly and I'd be persistent in finishing them. Now I don't proofread my posts nearly as much and I don't particularly care for formalities or arguments. I didn't really talk to you that much, ZuZu, but if I did, you would probably understand? :S I'm a little disappointed I gave you the wrong impression.

I guess I do have a perpetual set of problems to deal with (like everybody on earth) but I mostly keep them to myself until I feel like updating my friends, with varying degrees of urgency. My current problem is that I was denied from the university of my choice, and I've decided to do my own thing for a little while because I'm tired of wasting time. I'm actually a little excited about it though.

Posted

Hey Zuzu :3 I remember all the stuff involving armies and clans from back in 2007/2008 especially, involving you. I faintly remember you would put up with mine and several other's plotting and stupid stuff with them, and it's cool to see another Australian back on. I've been the only one here for a while :c

Posted

Teto (pt 2) - Quite the RP-er I see, have you done much writing? I'd love to start to get into it one day, as I do love to read so it seems like a natural thing to want to do.

Not really actually, I just like writing ridiculous things. I don't do any RPing. Knuckle does more of that than I do.

Posted

just a little :D