Pretty much done

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I come here on my work breaks or when I am supposed to be doing personal work. I come here hoping that drama will happen or that a proper Werewolf game can be played. Those are the only things that I hope to see when the forums are loading. I am gonna be done here because I don't think the forums can offer me anything. In recent threads, I wanted to call people out or type a long thing about some topic and then I laughed and thought "why?". Like, why am I exposing myself to things that I don't care about? I'm not going to change anyone's mind, and why should I even care if I am able to? When I think that I want to reply to something, I can't help but think that there's no point in the first place. I know where everyone already stands on everything that we could possibly talk about. I become disappointed in myself that I even cared about anyone's opinion in the first place. I feel shame that I even wanted to type my opinion on the Internet. I was letting myself get into it and subjecting myself to things that I don't want to be around. If I feel something, it's disgust in myself for caring so much about what happens on a forum. lol.

I am really bored by the things that I see on the Internet, especially social networks, humor and opinions. I just don't think my leisure time should be something that I make myself tolerate. It should be something that I enjoy a lot. I find myself coming here and sighing. Not at anything or anyone specifically, and not even these forums specifically. 

A thread concerning leaving of any length would see dramatic in my eyes. I can't decide if this is dramatic or if it has a point lol. Byee

Edited by °ᵕ° (see edit history)

Posted

Well, see you later, Alex.

Posted

GG.

Posted

Yeah, I don't think there's much point in you being here if it doesn't really engage you, and you feel you could have a better time elsewhere. I have always come here to talk shit and make jokes, and that works for me, but for debating and whatnot, this forum isn't really where it's at anymore. We're all either very tolerant of each others' opinions, stubborn in our own opinions, or burnt out trying to convince each other. So it's not really a place for that anymore.

Cirt and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

Teto, I think you summed it up pretty perfectly. That's exactly what it is now. I just come by to make ludicrous posts about ranting because I don't feel comfortable to do so on other places. Like in the specific stance of my last thread, I couldn't post that on tumblr because too many people know me irl follow my tumblr and frankly, they don't need to know that personal information. I wanted some feedback from you guys (not to simply be validated, but to hear your thoughts) and I know that I can do that here since we've known each other for so long.

But yeah, other than that, I am not really super engaged in any of the topics threads. We've already discussed everything that needs to be discussed, we don't have a high new member retention rate. I don't feel like complaining or debating with anyone, ever - not because I don't have feelings on any topics, but that the nature of how this forum "debates" is very abrasive to me. Like LL said, I could say something but I just think to myself, "Why bother" and move on with my life. My status updates are mundane or drunkenly submitted. Like, who cares right? I think circle of you have become a lot more close (like the skype group vs the irc group) and I don't feel like I can ever keep up with either of them, or none of them care to keep up with me. And the people that I am close to, I often talk to on other mediums of communication. I'm not hurt by this fact, but merely stating my observation.

But yeah I feel this dawg

Edit: Another thing that I thought of while I was thinking about the debate thing - I feel like a lot of people are getting caught up in the idea that their opinion is "right" and the other person's is "wrong." Like, you can say you respect opinions, but the way differing opinions are treated on here is not in a respectful manner. That literally pisses me off to no end, and it's been like that for years here. I can't even look at the "America is shit" thread or whatever it's called because it's literally opinions that are being treated like facts. I disagree with a lot of things in that thread because I've had a lot of education on culture in my major, but because of how abrasive things come off in that thread, I literally just want no part of it. Not very conducive to discussion, is it? Like let's all be liberal and "accepting" but chew out and be intolerant of anyone's differing opinion while we just keep wanking each other off. Literally puppying tumblr for god's sake.

okay end rant

LL, was this supposed to be in forum games? lol

PrimaGaga and Cascade like this

Posted

I was under the impression that the reason we come back to a place like this is because we're friends here and like to talk to each other. I really don't think The "America is a toilet" thread is very comparable to what I'd refer to as "Tumblr"; there are actual points there being discussed, and I don't feel like there's a circle of auto-validation. If you have a differing opinion, I would like to hear it, not just so I can rebuke it.

Anyway, I don't feel like you should come here if your only desire is some drama. If I may be honest, trying to find drama, on the internet in particular, is cowardly. It disrupts everyone else without you having to actually be in any danger of being disrupted yourself. And I'm kind of bummed out that you would try to disrupt us in the first place, when I thought that maybe you actually think of some of us as friends. I wanted to ask you to be invited to whatever next movie-gathering you spontaneously conduct. That's entirely up to you though. I don't know how you view us, or me, in particular, anymore.

Though I often do get the feeling that we're just a small community, and debating back and forth isn't going to actually change anything amongst us, that's still a hallmark part of friendship. No friendship goes without talking about something that can be argued, and in some friend circles, you often do get things like the toilet thread, where there's a majority opinion that seems stronger-enforced and a disagreeing party amongst those friends that might not want to voice dissent. That's just life. I've kept my mouth shut on many occasions just so I don't make my friends feel bad about being wrong about something; not just wrong in respect to my opinions, but factually wrong. I won't correct it if I feel like it doesn't matter enough, most of the time because I'm aware of how sensitive they are to failure.

I don't actually have a lot of friends who I'd say think for themselves, and just because I have any points to make, they'd probably agree with me once I start explaining for similar reasons; they're my friend, and it's easier to agree with a negative view of something rather than debate because it makes you feel smarter and you don't risk looking the fool. I trust people here, at least, to be critical and honest enough to express their honest emotions and concerns, and I like that. I don't think it's pointless to talk about those things, because they help me strengthen my own views and consider others. Plus, I can't go long without some kind of social interaction, especially when I feel like I'm not understood and don't have someone to relate to. It makes me feel good to learn more about those kinds of friends, but we've had a somewhat cold and distant atmosphere here lately. I guess different things are important to different people. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Posted

I'm reading this and can't help but feel guilty because I'm actually having fun with a lot of people on Skype quite often, but that never spreads into here :sadlink:

Granted, I don't know how interested most of you would be in yaoi shenanigans.

Also, just for the record I interpreted "america is a toilet" and the more scathing opinions as intentionally over-dramatic. The only post I've been even vaguely worried about being serious was Ammonsa's initial status update.

Posted

YOULL BE BACK

THEY ALWAYS COME BACK

Posted

Also I would like to point out; how can we be tumblr-ish when almost all of us hate tumblr? I can only think of two people who really reblog anything close to social justice commentary; one of those people is a the most thoughtful person I know and would reblog a dog turd if it supported a friend's blog, and the other is very far from being an SJW. Maybe I'm just interpreting those worries a bit to literally though.

Posted

Another thing, I hope you do good work without the time you spend here. I've also been frustrated with my slacking off and coming to the forums. I'll probably be doing a lot less of that too.

Posted

Sadface. Tough im sure we'll still keep in contact over skype and text.

Posted

But yeah, other than that, I am not really super engaged in any of the topics threads. We've already discussed everything that needs to be discussed, we don't have a high new member retention rate. I don't feel like complaining or debating with anyone, ever - not because I don't have feelings on any topics, but that the nature of how this forum "debates" is very abrasive to me. Like LL said, I could say something but I just think to myself, "Why bother" and move on with my life. My status updates are mundane or drunkenly submitted. Like, who cares right? I think circle of you have become a lot more close (like the skype group vs the irc group) and I don't feel like I can ever keep up with either of them, or none of them care to keep up with me. And the people that I am close to, I often talk to on other mediums of communication. I'm not hurt by this fact, but merely stating my observation.

Preeetty much how I feel about the forums at the moment. Well, in general your whole post is how I feel, but this part specifically applies.

I had the biggest burst in activity in like months back when I made that package thread, but other than that, I feel pretty much firmly on the sidelines here, lol. I can't really get into anything that's popular and being discussed here lately. I dunno. I'm not mad about it but at the same time it's a bit... ehhh?... coming here and just being all "wow I have nearly nothing in common with anyone anymore". lol that still sounds like I'm mad. idk.

But yeah ANYWAYS MORE IMPORTANTLY, bon voyage, LL. If you think it's best for you to leave the forums then more power to ya. Although I'm sure you'll pop up around here occasionally somehow. Even if only for like, an hour or something. The ridiculously powerful magnetic pull that keeps you browsing these forums forever even if you have nothing to say works eventually. I kinda feel bad that we never really talked to each other outside of werewolf, lol. i mean, I definitely enjoyed hanging out with you that time you randomly came to Scotland. :V idk I do think you're a cool dude. and one of the more interesting people on here.

Also I would like to point out; how can we be tumblr-ish when almost all of us hate tumblr? I can only think of two people who really reblog anything close to social justice commentary; one of those people is a the most thoughtful person I know and would reblog a dog turd if it supported a friend's blog, and the other is very far from being an SJW. Maybe I'm just interpreting those worries a bit to literally though.

Assuming the latter is referring to me? Which is kind of hilarious to be honest.

Posted

It's been a pleasure, LL. Even thoughI haven't been on for a while, I'll still miss ya.

Posted

I didn't realize this thread was here.

Hit me up sometime, man.

Posted

Im going to return and shake things up now, just to spite you.

T1g, pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this