Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mysterious "S" appears across time and space

20 posts in this topic

Posted

So i was watching this video on tumblr (ill post it at the bottom) and it was about the "S" that my friends and schoolmates used to draw in class. Talking 'bout this thing:

xkzjJrH.png

I even remember being taught how to draw it by an older kid. It's really dumb but for some reason, it was all over everyone's notebooks and in the margins of our worksheets. I dont remember the teachers having any problem with it, at least not any more than any other class doodles, but i guess kids would get in trouble because it was believed to be gang oriented. I can believe that, as teachers have always been paranoid about gang stuff. Like we couldn't wear certain clothes or have certain logos associated with us, but the "S" specifically was never an issue. Oh yeah, apparently it wasn't just my local area in on this. I've seen it pop up on tumblr quit a few times actually, always sporting comments like "I remember this, but i don't know what it is, exactly." In the video I mentioned, the youtuber talked about his late night, casual research on the subject. Apparently it's been showing up since the 70's or 60's (I forget which decade he said) and not just in America, but all over the world. This seems likely since it goes with the previous Tumblr posts I've seen about it. The tuber gives general theories about the "S" but non of them are set in stone, or facts, really. Just ideas floating around. Personally, I think it's extraterrestrial. Something like, it was placed in our society psychically to prepare us for "their" arrival. Something that "they" can use to familiarize us with them, as a sign of peaceful nostalgia. I mean, if aliens suddenly showed up in our face, we'd be super freaked, but if they showed us the "S" maybe we wouldn't be so freaked. Like when you smell a nice smell and it reminds you of a peaceful memory. Psychic Nostalgia. But yeah, have you guys encountered this mysterious "S" before, and if so, to what extent?

Video-

http://youtu.be/dSH10f-7Vds 

Posted

An S to psychically prepare us for alien contact...

The squids are coming.

Posted

Are they do-S squids? That would be terrifying... sort of...

I have also not encountered this S/8 until recently. Just like I only just learned about Flappy Bird.

I keep missing the hype train :C

Posted

I thought it was just some some relic of punk counterculture. That's what I always thought it stood for, because its only function is to be "cool". But yeah, I first saw it drawn in elementary school.

Posted

Ugh, I know it well. It's a mysterious rune created by the godless NC STATE WOLFPACK:

brand.gif

not exactly the same but hey, those wolfpack kids are tricky demons

Posted

yeah I remember this being everywhere when I was in late primary school (around ages 8-11?)

the idea that we are all heralding the future arrival of an alien species is pretty neat though... our generation would have achieved so much...

Posted

I think I heard someone say it stood for "skater", which is where I got the connotation from.

Posted

I saw it in middleschool/jr high, so yeah.

Posted

How the hell did I miss this?!

Posted

Catholic schools?

Posted

I went to catholic schools

Posted

was it vicious as roman rule?

Ugh, I know it well. It's a mysterious rune created by the godless NC STATE WOLFPACK:

brand.gif

not exactly the same but hey, those wolfpack kids are tricky demons

evlEcrx.png

Knuckle likes this

Posted

was it vicious as roman rule?

it was pretty lame

Posted

Catholic schools?

In the Philippines, saying you went to Catholic schools is pretty much just saying you went to normal school.

._.

Though, I still don't know how I missed this hype train. This is exactly the sort of thing my class mates in any country would've hopped on.

what time frame was this in again?

Posted (edited)

This 'S' phenomenon is quite disturbing. I propose the creation of a formal investigative party from Hnet's most scientifically capable members. Their mission: To discover, by any means necessary/within-the-budget, how and why the 'S' came to be, and, should it in fact be a cultural vanguard for a full-scale alien invasion, how to stop the dirty, little grays from stepping foot on terra firma. Earth for the earthnoids, I say.

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)