Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

All of Twitch.tv Plays One Game of Pokémon Red

92 posts in this topic

Posted

We also caught a bunch of Pokemon, like AATTVV "ATV", the Venemoth.

We democracy'd through it. Though I would have liked to see how anarchy would have gone down.

Posted

Well, I was up really late last night watching the stream try to anarchy through it. Probably 20 attempts and we only got to the second zone before running out of steps. Even if we moved in the right direction, the amount of extra steps made it impossible to actually get there.

I think the turning point for democracy was when we bought access to the safari zone, immediately walked in, and then immediately walked back out and forfeit our money. There was a lot more support from then on.

Posted

Yeah lol. I'm surprised the Safari Zone went as smoothly as it did with Democracy on. I don't get why people are so impatient with Democracy. We make the same amount of progress, but faster.

Posted

Oh my god guys.

We finally got to Giovanni in Silph Co., after like FOUR HOURS, and we had a Hyper Potion. This was our second time getting to Giovanni, but it took much longer for some reason. Last time we were in a position to fight him, but we really needed to heal, so we withdrew.

Once we finally got to fight him, it was mostly a stupid mishmash of status moves. Eventually, Bird Jesus was our only Pokemon left, again against Kangaskhan, with 5HP and Poison status. We all desperately tried to select the Hyper Potion at the bottom of the list; all the items are normally alright to accidentally use, because they don't have an in-battle use, i.e.TMs, Key Items, etc., but we ACCIDENTALLY USE THE POKE FLUTE, WHICH DOES HAVE AN IN-BATTLE FUNCTION IN FIRST GEN.

So we watched, as the tune played, and the words "Now that's a catchy tune!" appeared on the screen. And since status conditions take effect after your turn is used in Gen I, Pidgeot immediately suffered the remaining 5HP of his health and fainted.

At least it was a catchy tune.

PrimaGaga, Teto and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

THE TUNE OF THE DOMED ONE

Posted

CALLED IT

Posted

called what

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

wow, we actually just caught zapdos in anarchy without tossing the masterball beforehand.

time will tell if we can navigate the pc without releasing him.

edit: named him AA-j

chat has dubbed him anarchy jesus

edit2: fire and brimstone, chaos in the streets, cats and dogs living together

we deposited bird jesus, the keeper, air, cabbage, and atv, and withdrew AJ

edit3: scratch that, all is lost, we deposited everyone

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)
Teto likes this

Posted

I said that the pokeflute was a permanent hazard after we rescued fuji, because from that point on, there was a very real chance of wasting turns in battle due to accidentally using it

Posted

false

in Gen I gust is a normal move, so it's not super effective against anything...

Posted

LORD HELIX HAS ARRIVED TO LEAD US TO GLORY

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

It seems the google doc people agreed with my suggestion to teach lord helix surf, since his gen I moveset is severely limited

Posted

pretty sure it was a popular sentiment; if we didn't have to get Lapras, it would have fallen on Lord Helix to learn Surf as a convenient alternative to Vaporeon. Too bad it took so long just to get it in the first place. It's crazy we did the Mt. Moon strategy to get back to Pallet.

Incidentally, I was there when we caught Zapdos. It was amazing that we didn't accidentally Run.

I finally posted up my Helix Fossil charm, with an optional SS Ticket bundle. I also made some images that I felt were dorky but whatever, the meme is dorky anyway.

il_570xN.568500439_bbgw.jpg

il_570xN.568500443_pyme.jpg

il_570xN.568382164_m8mn.jpg

I made a spambot that links to that page every five minutes. I made nine sales that way. I am the worst kind of person...

Well not really. The worst people are the ones who are spamming merch they didn't even really have to work on, like T-shirt sites where a bunch of people just take the sprite from Bulbapedia and lay some text on there and call it 25 dollars.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Like, selling merch based on otherfolks' designs is a gray zone, but this is seriously JUST the sprite, and like, Impact font. So I feel slightly more justified.

EDIT: Serves me right lol; banned from talking in the channel. They started censoring shop links and started banning folks who advertise. I got a decent amount of sales though. Now I just have to count on the internet's searching efforts.

T1g likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0