Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

All of Twitch.tv Plays One Game of Pokémon Red

92 posts in this topic

Posted

Bird Jesus has been the last Pokemon out against Giovanni every time we've lost to him, and it's always with both the last Pokemon being ridiculously weak and us choking somehow and losing by using like, Whirlwind or something. Our chances were not very good, since we only had one attack move, Quick Attack, this time around. It seemed we were doomed to fail.

BUT NOT TODAY

JMng7RN.png

BIRD JESUS PULLS THROUGH

#EIGHTBADGES

#EIGHTBADGES

#EIGHTBADGES

#EIGHTBADGES

T1g and Teto like this

Posted

Just walked in on them attempting to heal--they were on the way to victory road, with some players opting for the ten-square walk to blue, some wanting to walk back to the pokecenter. We wound up fighting blue.

Posted

Spent a ton of time getting my sales merch together for shipping, then giving the Helix Fossil a new paint job for my listings.

I spent half an hour putting a discrete reference in two of the pictures. Tell me if you find it.

Posted

LORD HELIX HAS EVOLVED, AND REACHED HIS TRUE POTENTIAL. HE SHALL LEAD US INTO PROSPERITY

Posted

LORD HELIX HAS EVOLVED, AND REACHED HIS TRUE POTENTIAL. HE SHALL LEAD US INTO PROSPERITY

ANARCHY!ANARCHY!ANARCHY!ANARCHY!

Posted

so in the latest elite 4 run (run #5) we were facing Lance, and down to his last Dragonite. Bird Jesus went down, leaving us with only ATV (All Terrain Venomoth), at level 36. Things looked bleak. And then… we beat it.

Here’s why:

In Gen 1, the AI programmed for opponent trainers has a main objective of using supereffective moves. These were determined not by the move’s base strength, but by the type matchup. Lance’s Dragonite has 4 moves: Slam, Hyper Beam, Barrier, and Agility. ATV is a Poison type- meaning it’s supereffective type matchup was Psychic. Barrier and Agility are Psychic moves, while Hyper Beam and Slam are normal moves.

Basically we tricked the AI into thinking it was super-effective attacking us, when really it was slowly poisoning itself to death.

And that’s how we beat a puppying level 61 Dragonite with a level 36 Venomoth, good day.

(via musicalsharpie)

T1g, SilverAlchemic and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

I actually looked away just when that happened. I was wondering why they kept calling Venemoth "Dragon Slayer".

Posted

Someone on tumblr:

imagine if they play gold version next on twitch plays pokemon, and when they finally reach the end of the game and must face Red at the top of mt silver, they discover it’s a ROM hack and Red’s team has been changed to include pidgeot, zapdos, omastar, venomoth, nidoking, and lapras. twitch’s greatest challenge… is to defeat themselves.

How cool would that be?

Teto, pheonix561, なべ and 1 other like this

Posted

hopefully with a better movepool

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Nah, it'd be better if they had to fight themselves every time, just for the milestone-ness of it.

Posted

wut do you mean by "every time"?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0