Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Quick question over Skyward Sword

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I am doing a project and can't for the life of me remember if the dungeons in Skyward Sword are linear or if you have a freedom to choose which dungeons you go to first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted

Dungeons are linear.

Posted

The dungeons were linear. They opened up one after another, sadly. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, and a few other Zeldas can be completed somewhat freely. A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask, besides the the original games are, for the most part, completely free, although... you do need to get to the Dark World and the bow respectively for the two games.

Posted

Yeah. I don't know what makes nintendo decide to make one game's dungeons linear and another's free to choose?

Posted

Yeah. I don't know what makes nintendo decide to make one game's dungeons linear and another's free to choose?

probably story structure. 

I absolutely LOVE a Link Between Worlds, but it's story was back seat to the gameplay and overall experience (not complaining) and if im not mistaken, Majora's Mask also had a very basic story, but was made much more memorable by all the side quests. Most of the other games had a more in depth story to tell, so yeah the mechanics of going from one place to another had to be more linear for the story to make sense. At least thats my guess. 

its a trade off- story vs freedom. But the two can be reconciled, as seen with Majora's Mask. 

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

although... you do need to get to the Dark World and the bow respectively for the two games.

clearly you haven't watched any speedruns