Establishing Hyrule

566 posts in this topic

Posted

Rules: No racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia. Be respectful and polite to other RPers. Just don't be rude and we'll all get along just fine!

Setting: This loosely follows on from Adventure in Skyloft, though will mainly be set among the Sheikah tribe rather than focusing on the Knight Academy students. New OC's will be used, so feel free to join even if you weren't in AIS! This is set just after Link, Zelda, and the other students have moved down from Skyloft to settle on the Surface which they now believe to be at peace. Yet, unknown to them, there's evil lurking in the shadows...

Before you start playing, be sure to fill out a character profile so other RPers know how to interact with your character:

Name:

Race:

Physical Appearance:

Short Personality Description:

Enjoy the RP!

Name: Fintan

Race: Sheikah

Physical Appearance: Sandy hair, amber eyes, tanned skin. He's tall, fairly muscular but not excessively so with the Sheikah eye tattooed on the inside of his wrist. He wears simple leather armour to allow for movement, and keeps his long hair pulled back in a short ponytail at all times.

Short Personality Description: He was raised by the Sheikah elders from birth as his parents were lost in a battle. He's not the strongest, but is agile and flexible enough to be a powerful fighter. He takes his meditation extremely seriously, maintaining the belief that one should have a healthy connection between mind, body and soul in order to understand one's surroundings and anticipate approaching danger. However, he has little focus for anything but his orders and his mission, which can cause irritation to those around him.

"I come bearing news..." I announce as I enter the Temple of Spirit. Many members of the tribe are gathered around. The tribal elders are just finishing a ritual prayer to Hylia as I approach the group. The juniors are sat cross legged on the floor, watching in silence, observing. And as for the warriors and the observers, they turn from their tasks, offering me silent nods as greeting.

Sheik, tribe leader, steps forward from where he was previously sharpening spears. His blood red eyes turn to me, offering me his full attention.

"Fintan, what news do you bring?" he asks.

"I was patrolling the western Faron region..." since the Statue of the Goddess returned to the Surface and destroyed Demise, I'd been instructed to keep the area under close observation. "It appears to me that a small settlement has been erected just east of the the Sealed Temple."

Sheik carefully lays his spear and blade down on the table, before approaching me. "Of what significance is this?" he asks.

"It's not an ordinary settlement," I say. "The settlers... they're Hylians. They've brought the great birds of the Sky. And, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that the Mortal Goddess and the Chosen Hero are among them."

whonWoffThino likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi! I would love to join! But first of all, is everyone ok with the fact that I'll still write from Bryarly as well as my new OC? If not, let me know. I'll start with my new OC, and write from Bryarly in the future. I'll switch in between, and I'll make it clear who I'm writing from! More info on Bryarly in my first entry from her POV. 

Name: Melaina

Physical appearance: Ash blonde hair that reaches to her hips, amber eyes and tanned skin. She always has her long hair in a fishtail braid down her back and has the Sheikah eye with tear tattoed on her ankle. She wears blue clothing similar to young Impa, meaning loose pants and a tight top with yellow decoration around her neck. She has a yellow belt with a pouch and orange and red bracelets. She always has a bow and quiver on her back.

Short personality description: Was raised by her mother because her father had died during a battle. Her mother died too when she was 10 because of an illness. In battle if possible, she'll choose for stealth. She adores her bow and arrow, and crafted them herself. She also enjoys playing the harp. She's fast, but doesn't always think things through. She knows she's pretty, and that makes people sometimes think she's a bit pretentious. Admitted, she can be very mean to people, but she almost never means it. She's good friends with Sheik and Fintan though she does think Fintan's too serious and busy with his orders while she doesn't care too much about her obligations as a Sheikah.

-------

"Catch," I say to Sheik as I throw him an apple from the top of the tree. 

Though it flies what should be out of his reach, he catches it with ease, he's always been more agile than me. 

"What was Fintan talking about earlier?" Sheik asks me. 

"What?" I ask confused. I didn't hear anything from him.

"About intruders," Sheik continues while taking a big bite from his apple.

"Intruders? Really? Like what, Kikwi?" I joke. 

"Like people from the sky..." Sheik says, looking at me.

I look at him too. "The sky? Hylians? On the surface? Did they learned their birdies to fly all the way down here?" 

"Apperantly," Sheik shrugs. 

"Weird..." I mutter.

Edited by Franne (see edit history)

Posted

The air that surrounds me is calm, silent, just the way it should be. I am alone, enjoying the utter serenity allowed to me by my palace of balance. It's the sole place I can find utter peace, peace with the land, peace with the people, and most importantly: peace with myself. The perfect, unbreakable connection between by mind, body and soul.

But the serenity is broken as an aura arrives. It moves like an ocean wave - fast, confident, careless. Colours swirl as the wave breaks against the walls of my mind, beautiful purple, passionate gold, confident pink... streaks of black seeping through from the underlayers.

Melaina.

I pull myself from the depths of my palace of balance, feeling like I'm dragging myself up from the deepest corner of the ocean. Sounds, sensations, warmth... they all slowly return to me as the water thins from the corners of my mind. And then all at once, I surface, inhaling deeply.

I blink twice, bringing myself back to reality. And sure enough, Melaina is sprawled out in a corner of the room, playing her harp.

"Ahh finally, you're back!" she says, smiling crookedly.

"How many times have I told you not to disturb me when I'm meditating?" I ask.

"Yeah yeah I know..." she sighs. "Palace of balance or whatever... point is, what's this I hear about Hylians?"

I unfold my legs from where I sat in the lotus flower position, putting them straight ahead in front of me. I stretch forward, pressing my chest against my thighs, forehead to my knees as I speak. "I found a Hylian settlement earlier, I believe the Hero and the Mortal Goddess are there."

"So?" she asks, finally stopping playing.

"The purpose of the Sheikah tribe is to protect the Triforce and the descendants of the Goddess and the First Hero. If they're here, than that means our true purpose can begin."

Posted

((Definitely gonna join this! About the last RP, is the fanfic adaptation still in progress? I'd love to contribute :D ))

Name: Sault 

Race: ??? (raised as a Sheikah)

Physical Appearance: Light skin, brown hair, green eyes, very different from the other Sheikah in stature, being shorter than his friends by a couple feet. Wears chain mail underneath a blue tunic and traditional Sheikah cloak, with metal bracers and boots. Head is unarmored with only a bandana to hold up his shaggy hair. Carries a falchion and buckler.

Short Personality Description: Adopted into the Sheikah as a baby, he was brought up as one of the tribe's own but does not quite fit the mold. Nobody knows where he came from other than his discovery in the forest. Aside from the obvious differences in physique, he is less acrobatic and stealthy than other Sheikah, but tries to compensate with sword-and-shield skills. Fairly laid back and has a low opinion of his potential, but a hard worker at the more menial jobs given to him. His unknown origins frustrates him internally, and he politely asks others not to mention or consider it.

---

Amid his daily chores, Sault can't help but notice some activity near Fintan's home. Given his friend's usual devotion to all things boring, something special had to be going on. He made his way over to their place and found Meliana as well, teasing Fintan about his usual routine. "Speaking of odd people," she continues, "here comes the only guy in the village crazy enough to cover himself in metal."

"Hey, it gets the job done against a Bokoblin." Sault replies with a grin. "So what are you guys talking about?" Fintan repeats his story about the newcomers at the Sealed Grounds, calling them 'Hylians.' It's a word that gets used a lot, but nobody actually knows what they're like other than being humans. "They sounds pretty cool, maybe I can walk up there and get a look." Sault mused.

Posted (edited)

Name: Caoilainn
Physical  Appearance: Blonde hair cut just above her chin, amber eyes, lightly-tanned skin. She is slim and relatively short for a Sheikah. Her stature and shape causes her to rely on her speed to carry her through most battles. She tends to wear subdued colours that can make her difficult to spot easily. She usually wears a dark brown sash around her waist.
Short personality description: Caoilainn is not kind, but rather fair and just. She will always follow the rules and do what she feels is right, often putting work before her relationships. She is prone to losing her temper but works hard on keeping calm at all times. She is sometimes cynical, but she knows when pessimistic behaviour is not appreciated. Caoilainn is competitive at times - she takes a fair amount of pleasure in fighting, and in winning fights. Because of this, she dedicates a lot of time to training hard.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I striked repeatedly at the bark of the tree, wincing at the sharp pain as my knuckles grazed against it over and over. The strips of fabric I'd tied around my wrists had come loose and fallen to the grass quite a while ago. A fine layer of sweat coated my body, causing my fair hair to stick to my forehead. Any blood had dried up, the rusty colour staining my hands.

"Hylians," I grunted, my breathing heavier than I'd have liked it to be. "Hylians on the surface. The goddess reborn has settled here, and her chosen hero is at her side." 

It was madness, to say the least, and I couldn't imagine that things would work out well at all. Hylians hadn't lived on the surface since the great war between the immortal Hylia and Demise, the King of the Demons, so very long ago now. The people of the sky had been sent with the Triforce up into the skies and hadn't returned, the generations of people there likely having forgotten about their duties and responsibilities.

But if what I'd heard in passing was true, then the Triforce was, once more, on the surface. And the goddess statue had returned along with it, reunited with the Sealed Temple of Faron Woods. What changes would the goddess reborn and her hero bring this time?

Everything I'd read about in historic texts had passed, and now it seemed that the next stage was soon to come. But I couldn't decide if I was all that eager to see it in progress.

I punched again, hard this time, and heard a satisfying, splintering sound in return.

Edited by ButterflyBabyBlue (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

(( Hello Laura! She's a friend of mine I thought might like to join in! ))

It was late afternoon when I was approached by one of the female tribe members. I was training a group of three juniors, observing them in their attempts to meditate, but none of them seemed to quite grasp the concept. It wasn't just sitting still and doing nothing - it was thinking about nothing - I can't seem to get that to sink in!

She walked over, and politely told me that Sheik wanted to speak with me in the spirit temple, so I left her in charge of my group and set off.

By the time I arrived in the Temple of Spirit - the place where I knew I could always find Sheik - Melania, Sault, and Caoilainn were already gathered around him.

"Ahh, Fintan, that's everyone..." Sheik says.

Looks like I was last to arrive.

"I'm sure you're all aware of the recent settlements of Hylian's on the Surface, and I'm sure you're all aware of their importance. The Mortal Goddess and the Hero determine the future of our race, and whether or not we can accomplish the task set before us by the Goddess. That's why I'm sending you four to approach them, to make our presence known."

I frown. "With all due respect, doesn't presenting ourselves to them compromise our position?"

Sheik shakes his head. "No. I considered that, but as long as we maintain an air of secrecy - don't tell them of our camps, reveal no names other than your own, then we should be safe."

Sault pauses. "Why are you sending us? And why aren't you coming?"

Sheik stands a little straighter, looking us each in turn in the eye. "I would love to join you, but I need to stay here and keep things running in the tribe. Caoilinn, you're our most accomplished fighter, which may be necessary if you're faced with opposition. Sault, you're being sent for the same reasons, though you prefer less traditional Sheikah fighting skills, which may work to our advantage. Melania, because your laid back approach will be of comfort to the Hylians. And as for you, Fintan, I'm sending you because you hold a dedication to your mission that will keep everyone in line."

He looks around at us all. "You've got tonight to prepare yourselves however you see fit, then you'll leave after the morning meal tomorrow. It's not a tricky journey, shouldn't be too dangerous, so I expect you back before the day is out. Clear?" he asks.

I nod. "Clear."

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

After the meeting, Sault heads back to his tent with everyone else. All four of them live near each other, so they often head to their dwellings together each night. "Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow. You guys are gonna do great." He finally speaks to break the silence. "You forgot to include yourself. We will all be an asset, you know." Caoilainn added quickly. Sault nodded and gave a smile just as they all parted ways, saying their goodnights and climbing into bed.

Waiting for sleep to come, Sault pondered why he was sent on this mission. A person of his combat style was ill-suited for scouting, and obviously walking right into the Hylian's settlement was a bad idea, and that was the only plan he would be good for. Perhaps this was Shiek's was of getting rid of him for a while, since he didn't fit in... not that he really anguished over it. He wasn't cut out for this place and that's all there was to it. Reassured, he found sleep easily.

Posted

(I will try to join at some point soon, just heads up! Don't have a profile 100% worked out yet, but just letting you know! I'm one of Nayru's friends)

Posted

how come the handful of people who RP here arent active in the actual Hnet community?

Posted (edited)

((Guys, it's Melaina ;) Oh yeah, how old is Sheik? I've always imagined him to be like 20 something :P And ElwayGuy7, that's great, remember, you don't have to be a Sheikah ;) And welcome ButterflyBabyBlue! Now if everyone's ok, I'll switch to Bryarly for an instant, I think it'll be more interesting because the Sheikah's are coming ;) For anyone who's confused, ask me! Bryarly is a character adapted from the Adventure In Skyloft RP and fanfic, hope everyone's ok with this! I'll switch between her and Melaina, but it'll be clear from the context and all :) ))

Name: Bryarly

Race: Hylian

Physical appreance: Long chocolate brown hair, light blue eyes. Still wears her knight uniform which consists of a red shirt, beige trousers and brown leather boots. 

Short personality description: She's described by her friends as friendly and modest, and she had lived in Skyloft for 16 years until one of her best friends, Zelda, was kidnapped. Link, the boy she had a crush on, went out to save them. She, together with her other friends went after him. They learned that Zelda is the mortal goddess and that Link is the hero of legend. After saving Zelda, they all chose to live on the surface. Bryarly's no longer the naive girl that had a crush on Link, she's now grown up and has learned a lot from her previous adventure. But their group still hasn't discovered a lot of secrets from the surface.

-------

"Groose, can you hand me that hammer?" Link yells from the rooftop. 

"Sure thing," Groose replies and he hands it over.

"I can't believe this," I laugh. "My own place."

"It's just some walls and it hasn't even got a full roof yet," Emzy laughs. 

"I know. Still," I smile. 

We're on the surface for some time now. I've lost track of time a bit. It's so pretty here. When we left, Gaepora held a graduation ceremony for us. We got our official diploma, and after the party, we left the day after, to Faron woods. The first week we went back and forth continuously between the sky and the surface for supplies, but those visits have become less and less. We learned how to grow our own crops, and how to recognise and use edible fruits and plants from the surface. We asked the Kikwi elder for permission to cut some of his trees down to use for building construction and the water dragon to take and use her water from a small river. Groose had really developed a skill for construction drawing during our adventure, so he drew a house for everyone of us, and we were free to say whatever we liked. We had build a large home to live in first, which later became the building we held birthday parties or other activities. We taught each other things we could do. Zelda and Link taught us to play the harp, Pipit and Emzy made sure everyone now was good at sword fighting and so on. Then Zelda and Link got their house first, followed by Callia and Fledge. Next was Emzy, then Groose, then Pipit and Karane and now, they are building mine. Everyone is having the time of their lives, it's so amazing here, and there's so much to discover. 

I can't wait to see what the surface has left to offer.

Edited by Franne (see edit history)

Posted

I wake at first light, just like I do every morning. It's quiet in the Sheikah tribe as I slip on my leggings, undershirt, armour and shoes. It doesn't take me long to dress and tie back my hair, and then I set out.

I make my way through the village. It's deserted at this time of the morning, no one is ever awake this early. I guess I prefer it that way. It makes it easier for me to meditate in peace. That's always been my routine: wake at first light, meditate, do my stretches, then join the others for the morning meal. But today, of course, I've got a big mission to follow up on after morning meal.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. How we present ourselves to the Mortal Goddess and the Chosen Hero will determine how successful our mission will be - they need to see us as guardians and protectors, not as a threat.

I make my way through the Temple of Spirit to the tiny little pocket of greenery behind the temple. It's right up against the rock face, but at this time in the morning, sunlight breaks through the smallest slit in the rock, bathing the grass in sunlight. It's the perfect place to meditate in pace.

So I sit on the grass, my legs tucked up in the lotus flower position. I press my fingers into my palms, waiting until I feel the steady throbbing pulse that radiates through my skin. Then I close my eyes, allowing myself to sink into my palace of balance.

It's beautiful, a consistent, powerful lull. I can feel my body honing into my mind, tuning in with the beat of my pulse. The beat acts like a rhythm, allowing my soul to move freely, to come into itself. It spreads, dancing like white fire. And as I feel my spirit burning, I know that the connection is complete.

But that's when another aura arrives... it's like nothing I've ever seen before. It's black, darker than onyx, darker than night. It moves, running like thick liquid dripping into a puddle, slowly pooling in the air around me. I can feel the inky liquid dribbling circles around me, locking me in. It's completely, horrifically, unignorable.

I drag myself up, forcing myself to push through the depths of the ocean. It doesn't fade like water from the corners of my mind, but requires a struggle, a force, a fight to reach the top. When I surface, back in reality, my skin is damp with sweat and I'm gasping for breath.

I lived with the elders long enough to know that whatever that black aura was... who ever it belonged to... it's a bad omen, a warning, a portent.

But I can't let the others know that. We need to focus on the mission at hand...

Posted

"Bryarly!" Callia yells. 

"Yeah?" I yell back, putting down my book.

"Come over here, we found something! Quick!"

I sigh, and get out of my comfortable position on the bench in front of what will be my house. That stupid roof seems like it's never going to be finished.

A warm wind blows my hair back softly. I look around. 

"Where are you guys?" I yell.

"Here," I hear Emzy reply. 

I run to where the sound of her voice was coming from. It's coming from behind our houses, out of the open meadow, a bit into the forest.

"What's wrong? Why is everyone here? Is there- What is that..." I mutter.

In front of where my friends are standing, there is something stuck in a tree. It's an arrow. 

"Whose is that?" I ask, though I know the answer. 

We never used arrows ever since we came down the surface. We never needed too, almost every monster here was gone. 

"I have no idea," Link says, walking up to the tree. He carefully pulls the arrow out. "But it's not ours..."

Posted (edited)

Name: Leoni (Can be called 'Leo' for short)
Race: Hylian 
Physical Appearance: He has sandy blonde hair cut around his jawline, shaggy in the front, and green-brown eyes. He is a little taller than most people, but not noticeably so. He wears a faded yellow-gold tunic, and beige pants, and brown boots; his old knight uniform. 
Personality/Background Description: One of Skyloft's knights, but graduated before Link and the others were at the academy, so he was not involved in their quest. He is a deft sword fighter and has wit and wisdom, but is not very strong, so he relies on smarts to win a battle. He has a logical approach to everything, leading him to be blunt and conceited. Thus, he devotes more time to sciences than to training everyday. He is not very good with new relationships, but he is comfortable with old friends. He is responsible, but often just lazy.
---
It is the 13th day of the season of 'spring', as the native folk call it. I sit up in the crook of a tree, reading a book on biology, when I hear some shouting coming from behind me, in the forest. The sudden noise breaks my concentration, so I decide to go investigate. I hop down from the tree I was perched in and I run towards the commotion. I arrive at the base of a tree, where I find a small crowd of people. I move toward the center of the group to see what it is that they are all staring at. 
"What's going on?" I ask, as I crane my neck to get a better look. "Is that... an arrow?"

(Was that not too terrible?)
Edited by ElwayGuy7 (see edit history)

Posted

(( Pretty damn good Elway! You're getting it! ))

The thoughts of my earlier experience are still lingering in the back of my mind as I walk over to the communal hall where the morning meal is always held. Both Sault and Caoilainn are already sat on stools eating warm bread rolls and berries as I make my way over to where they're sitting. Sault smiles and waves as I sit down, grabbing a bread roll and tearing it in half.

"Where's Melaina?" I ask.

Sault shrugs. "I guess she's still asleep."

I nod, chewing my bread roll thoughtfully. Melaina's probably the closest thing to a best friend that I've ever had. We were the only two people in the tribe born in the same year. Of course, Caoilainn was born just a year later, but she has always been more of a loner. She never really wanted to be with us, so we stopped trying. True, Melaina and I don't always get along - her lack of discipline and focus is somewhat of an irritation to me, and I get the feeling she has the same feelings about my dedication to my meditation and missions. But hey, we're friends anyway.

"Are you ready for today?" Sault asks.

I nod, putting up a mask of courage. "I was born ready."

Posted

"What are we going to do?" Emzy sighs as she sits down on her usual chair at the group house.
"I have no idea," Link mutters. "Do you got any?" he asks Leoni, who is sitting at the back, a little separated of the rest. 

I almost forgot he's down here with us too. Leoni used to be a knight back at Skyloft, but when he heard about us staying on the surface, he decided to come down too. He only joined a few days ago, so his house is being build after mine's ready. 

"Not really..." he replies softly. 

"You're the one trained the most," Pipit says.

"And you have all the most experience," Leo tells him.

Link sighs loud. "Do you know what's going on?" he asks Zelda, who is sitting next to Link.

She's in deep thoughts apparently. Link puts her hand on her shoulder. "Zel?"

She is startled by his sudden touch, and looks up. 

"Zelda?" Link replies, his voice a bit louder. "Do you know what's going on?"

She does, it's readable on her face. 

Link takes her hand. "Zel? Tell us, please."

"I'm not sure," she tells us softly. "But I have some suspicions..."