Establishing Hyrule

566 posts in this topic

Posted

Sault was about to knock on the door to the Headmaster's Office when he paused for a bit. Was this really the right thing to do, stopping his search for Leoni for his selfish investigation about his family? No, this was wrong, and he was putting his desires before his friend again. Well, he wasn't about to let that happen again, and with some regret, he decided to leave the knight academy and continue his search.

It was a little embarrassing, but Sault went up to one of the other knights and asked about proper instructions for taking off. The woman was very understanding about it and explained how to jump off the dock and whistle for his loftwing. "That's all there is to it really, your friend will take care of the rest!" she told him, and if he hadn't seen his friends do this before, he'd think the knight was crazy. Nonetheless, just as the woman said he was able to jump off the dock and land on his loftwing after giving a whistle. Thank goodness he inherited such an excellent bird...

Sault made his way into the thunderhead with little fuss. It was a different sort of place than the open sky, with only a handful of tiny islands floating around a single tower. That must have been where Leo was, given the other islands were so insignificant. It only took a moment for Sault to notice him, sitting against a statue with a book out. With any luck he would get to say something without Leo exploding at him, he thought as he dismounted from his loftwing.

Posted

"Leoni left the camp," Fintan says, and I grimace at Zelda's gasp.

"What?!" she asks. "Where did he go?"

"Presumably to the sky. He packed up all of his things. Sault is gone to look for him, though."

"I can't believe he actually left," Melaina says with a sigh.

I don't say anything as I walk, unsure of what I should say. I hate admitting it, but I nearly wish Sault was here so that he could say something in my place. All I can do is feel guilty.

Posted

Link is already packing up the fruit and bread into bags, and Caoilainn looks like she wants to leave as soon as possible. So we all get to our feet, dusting the sand from our clothes before we press on towards demon territory.

It doesn't take us long before we find the entrance to the demon territory. The dark cave-like gap in the wall of the rock surface.

"What's our plan?" Sheik asks.

"Stealth is key here," I reply. "We need to stay concealed for as long as possible, waiting for a time when Majora is vulnerable enough to strike."

"When will thay be?" Melaina asks.

"I don't know," I say honestly. "But just stay hidden, you'll know the vulnerable point when you see it, I swear."

"Okay..." Caoilainn mumbles, sounding apprehensive. "Let's get this over with."

So we make our way in, stumbling through the poorly lit tunels as we traverse. Something about the dark and the shadows just appeals to demonkind, but I suppose it explains a lot.

"Ouch!" I hiss, as someone steps on my foot.

"Sorry," Sheik whispers. "I'm blind as a bat in here..."

Posted

I see Sault flying in from a distance, and I mull over my options here. I could fly away and make Sault's day even worse, or I could stay and talk to Sault and have a conversation neither of us want to have. I could also go back with him and put off the conversation until later, but I've decided that doing that would cause everyone more grief. He lands next to me, and I nod acknowledgement.

"So, have you come to drag me back?" I say.

"I... I don't really know," he says. "We were just worried about you."

"Don't be," I spit, "I can tell you guys don't want me. That's why I left."

"We do! It's just... things happened... between Caoilainn and I..."

"Do you think I didn't notice? I left so you guys could be together. But you guys don't quit..." I trail off as I fall backward off the island, not even calling my bird. I free fall through the clouds, flying headlong towards the ground.

Posted

"LEO!!" Sault hollered at the ledge where his friend had just plummeted. Not thinking twice, he jumped off the ledge and bore down on his friend, who was falling a good bit slower than him with his arms stretched out. A few hundred feet above the cloud barrier he caught up with Leoni and grabbed him, his loftwing ready to swoop in and take them both.

Back on solid ground, Sault was utterly fed up. "Are you insane!? I'm not just gonna let you die like that, think of how crushed everyone would be!" He spoke with rising intensity. Leoni just sat on the ground. "You act like you don't care, just running away from all your problems. Who do you think you're fooling!?" he shouted. Still nothing from Leoni, though he did get up into a sitting position, his gaze turned away. Taking off his gauntlets, Sault decided there was only one way to get through Leoni's depression, and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Standing over his friend, Sault tackled Leoni out of the blue and threw him into the wall. "What do you think you're doing!?" Leoni shouted, finally getting passionate. "You won't get angry at me for anything, will you?" Sault provoked him, "I took Caoilainn, I know I'm driving you crazy with all this jabbering, and now I just beat on you. Just... for crying out loud, stand up for yourself!" He yelled as he ran at Leoni again. This time, the other Hylian retaliated with a punch thrown right at his head, dizzying Sault before he was knocked on the ground by another hit. Leoni stood over him, furious and breathing hard. 

"Finally!" Sault egged him on some more. "Show someone how much you care for once, will ya!?" Leoni continued to throw punches at him, letting out all his anger, at Sault and at the world. Every punch was not only sapping his energy, but also years of pent up frustration that dissipated upon release. As the bottled up rage continued to be expressed, it seemed like Leoni was also getting a taste of self respect; it was clear to Sault that his friend was just starting to learn the value of standing up for what he wanted. He eventually stopped, collapsing back to the ground, as Sault did the same. "There... feeling better now?" He asked, and got a nod from Leoni in reply. "No more moping around, okay? Stand up to people, even if you have to show your anger."

It was a hard-earned lesson, but maybe now, Leoni was going to fight not only for what was right, but also what he wanted.

Posted

"Sheik," I say softly, "I can teleport us a little closer."

"Could you manage?" he whispers. "There are twenty of us."

I nod. "I can get us further in."

Sheik appears to be contemplating, exchanging a few words with Fintan.

"Alright, Caoilainn," he says. "Just tell us what to do."

"Everybody needs to have a hand on me," I say quietly. I feel hands on my arms and waist, one or two on my hair.

"Do I have everyone?" I whisper.

"Let me see... You've got us," Sheik says.

I concentrate, focusing on everyone who has a grip on me. In a whirl of black and red, we vanish, and instantly reappear elsewhere. I can tell already that we're deeper in, but where?

"Where... are we?" I ask hesitantly, breathing a little heavily. "Is everyone... here?"

"You got everyone," Fintan says. "We're in a cell which, thankfully is unoccupied."

"A... a cell?" I echo him, trying to steady my breathing.

"Caoilainn," Melaina speaks up, "your old clothes are here..."

At that, my breaths become evermore shallow, and I keel over as memories of this room resurface, the scars on my back seeming to throb.

"We need to move,I breathe. "Now."

Posted (edited)

Sheik fiddles with the mechanism on the gate which, thankfully, is unlocked. Within a matter of seconds, he opens it up, and I guide Caoilainn from the cell by her arm. The others follow, and once we're outside, Caoilainn's breathing levels out a little.

"Remember," I say to the others. "From this point on, stealth is key - not a noise!" They nod, and we turn to make our way through the dark tunnel. I walk at the front of the group, carefully feeling my way along the walls, until eventually the flaming light of a torch appears up ahead. I press myself up against the wall, and the others copy as we slowly make our way out onto the territory. The area we stand in is hidden by a large rocky wall, but is the perfect place to listen to the Demon's conversation.

A deep voice speaks. "We've planned the revolution from the shadows. We've lost powerful men and women in Avani, Ardaia, and Blagdan. But Demon kind will prevail. We will have dominion over this land. Any who stand against us w-"

The voice comes to a halt when a loud clatter sounds out from behind me. I turn, my eyes wide with panic, to find a mortified looking Zelda, her hand over her mouth as colour rushes to her face. Her bow lies on the ground - she must have dropped it. That's when the tone of the demonic voices changes. They're looking for us!

I think fast, the cogs whirring in my mind as I desperately attempt to come up with a plan, a way to avoid having our cover blown. And then it hits me. It's not elegant, and it's certainly not intelligent. I don't even quite know how it'll pan out... but at least it'll draw attention from the group.

I stoop down, taking Zelda's bow from the ground. I feel Melaina's hand on my arm, I look up to find a panicked expression in her eyes, she's confused. I shoot her an apologetic look, before taking Zelda's bow and tentatively stepping out onto Demon territory. I'm careful not to draw any attention to myself until I'm far enough away that I won't lead the Demon's back to my friends, and then I fire an arrow. One Demon stumbles as it strikes him in the chest.

The others turn, and within a matter of moments they've grabbed me, and I'm teleported in front of a hulking great mass that sits on an ornate throne. I'm forced to my knees in front of the beast - who I assume must be Majora. I look up, and find two round, harrowing eyes staring down at me.

And that's when I feel something like hot lead pressing into my brain. I screw my eyes shut, shouting out in agony. I wrench my arms free, pressing my hands to my head as I try to erect mental barriers, but it's useless.

Then I lose control of my own body. It moves of it's own accord, or rather, Majora's. Within a matter of seconds, I'm standing, and my lips move with unfamiliar words.

"Any who stand against us will perish."

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

There is a small commotion amongst our group, but Sheik silences the frantic whispers.

"What just happened?" I hiss.

"Fintan, he's... he's been taken," Melaina replies, her voice shaky. "What if they brought him to Majora?"

"Caoilainn," Sheik says, his hands on my shoulders. "You know this place better than we would. What do you propose we do?"

"I... I think I have an idea," I whisper. "Fall back a little, we ccan't be seen. Anyone who has a belt, strips of fabrics, anything, we need them."

There seems to be some confusion, but we retreat, and I hear belts slipping from the waists of those around us.

"We need eighteen of you to be tied up. To look like prisoners. Sheik, you should stay out, the demons don't know your face. If they think Melaina and I have been captured, they'll let you bring us to Majora."

Sheik and another volunteer remain free, covering their hair with hoods and showing as little of themselves as they can. The rest of us assemble into rows of two, using the belts to 'imprison' ourselves.

We take off, and I try to remember the paths, guiding us to Majora. Eventually, we come to the doors. My stomach flips as I feel Majora's power, bearing down with enormous strength.

"Who are you?" a guard asks. "And these people?"

Sheik scoffs. "Never you mind who I am. I've captured the rest of the Sheikah, they need to be brought to Majora."

There's a moment of tense silence, but Sheik is admitted.

The doors swing open.

Posted (edited)

I've never felt guiltier in my life. So many apologies need to be made, and I know it.

"Where are the others?" I ask. "Out on a mission?"

"Yep," Sault replies. "One that the both of us should be on." I stand, feeling a renewed sense of strength.

"I just want to apologize. For everything I've done. And I also want to thank for coming after me. I was a self-centered jerk. I'm truly sorry," I say.

"Apologies later," Sault says. "We need to find the others."

"I can fly us there quickly," I say, "if you know where they went."

"They went into Demon territory. We can fly near it, but we can't fly into their territory, or we'll be spotted for sure," Sault says. "And I'm just glad to have my friend back." We both saddle up on our birds and fly towards the dark spot on the horizon, to try to finish off Majora once and for all.

Edited by ElwayGuy7 (see edit history)

Posted

((Just wondering, what's you guys'

We're walking behind Sheik, tied up. 

"What now?" I whisper to Caoilainn.

"I don't know, maybe we can attack her," she whispers back.

"I can feel her power," I whisper. It scares me. For a moment, I'm wondering what in the name of the Goddess we think we're doing. We're no match for such a powerful enemy. And Fintan's gone, who knows where he is? What if he's killed? What if-

"Melaina, calm down," Caoilainn whispers. "You can't afford to freak out right now."

I look down at my tied up hands, which are shaking. My palms are sweaty, and my heart is beating fast.

"Sorry," I whisper back. 

"We're here," Sheik says. 

Posted

Lanayru Desert was a barren place in many senses of the word, but even it's relatively low ability to sustain life was nothing like this place. The section of desert controlled by the demons, sometimes called "Gerudo Desert" from the Sheikah word for "forsaken" in stories, was absolutely void of natural life. There were miles of sandy dunes, a cloudless sky, and the burning rays of the sun in this place. Winds only came in large gusts, so usually the wasteland remained eerily silent; Sault checked his ears on more than one occasion to make sure he hadn't gone deaf, so unnerving was the stillness of the place.

Sault wasn't angry at Leoni by any means, but neither of them talked due to their current discomfort. Aside from the disturbing nature of the Gerudo Desert, both of them could feel an evil energy wavering in the air that burdened them with dread. At the very least, their destination was clear; a single building (or rather, a pile of rubble that used to be one) off in the distance, no doubt swarming with demons and their Lords, plus the enigmatic Majora. But none of those forces would be the first to cross the two friends; a sudden blink of Darkness in the desert signaled the appearance of an enemy Sault had hoped not to see again.

The sight of Blagdan's final, black-skinned clone of Link was the last thing Leoni or Sault needed to deal with. Already in his hand was the pilfered Blade of Duplicity, which thanks to Sault's borrowed substance used to make the clone, was plenty capable of erasing him in one blow. "This is as far as I'll allow you to go." the clone warned, "You can either be killed here or return to your homes. I won't allow you to be captured." It was an odd threat from the monster Sault had assumed was a servant of Majora; why did it sound like they were supposed to be captured instead of killed or released? "Do not force me to destroy you," the dark copy of Link threatened, "Majora may see fit to dispose of its Demon Lord pawns, but I do not intend to be as callous. Although you have killed many of my brothers as that monstrosity had planned, I will spare you."

Posted (edited)

(( Ooh Knuckle, I like your idea about the Gerudo desert! Nice touch! :) And Franne, what were you trying to say? I think there was an issue with the server or something, I couldn't read your personal message at the start! ))

The doors swing open and a hooded figure enters the chamber. They're followed by my friends, lined up in twos, their hands bound in front of them. Another hooded figure enters before the doors swing closed. My heart sinks in my chest - they've been captured, the demons captured my friends!

Majora watches with a cruel, twisted smile as the prisoners are paraded before it. They come to a stop at the foot of the steps that lead up to Majora's throne. I stand at the top, beside the Demon Lords.

"Fintan!" Melaina calls from where she stands in the front row. She tries to push forward, towards me, but one of the hooded figures stops her, pushing her - although not too forcefully - back into line. I want to run to her, to say something, anything to comfort her, but my body won't even turn to face her. "Fintan, are you okay?" she calls. "Say something!"

"Teach her to pipe down, won't you?" one of the Demon Lords smirks. My stomach churns as my legs carry me down the steps. Melaina's eyes are wide with panic as I walk towards her, taking long purposeful strides. I'm mentally screaming to snap out of it! But I don't know how.

"What are y-" but Melaina's question is cut short with a powerful backhand. She reels away from me, her bound hands go to the cheek that I struck, while her eyes watch me, clouded with pain and confusion. Protest breaks out among the captured Sheikah as I'm forced to turn away, my throat aching despite the fact that tears won't fall.

Majora speaks above the ruckus, with a voice that like shards of glass. "How nice of you to join us."

Posted

My stomach churns at the sound of Majora's voice. Melaina whimpers beside me, and I cringe at every noise she makes.

"I see you have a demon in your midst," Majora continues. "So lovely to have you with us again, Caoilainn. I see you've been completely blinded."

I shift uncomfortably, turning in the general direction of Majora. I speak up a little, trying to hide how nervous I am.

"I suppose I have you to thank, Majora."

A few of the Demon Lords hiss, muttering some curses.

"Do you wish to die first, Caoilainn?" Majora asks, and I take a deep breath. "I had such plans for you, you know. But then you betrayed us, and left."

"With good reason," I say, and that earns me a slap from Fintan.

"Tell me," Majora asks, "how does it feel, wearing Ardaia's blindfold like that? As if you deserve to. He took you in and you left him for these Sheikah."

I shake all over, stopping myself from casting my fake shackles aside. "Stop it..."

Another slap.

"You don't give the orders around here, child!" Majora shouts, its voice piercing our ears. "I think a lesson needs to be learned."

Posted

((Oh looks like it did, I wanted to ask if you guys have a tumblr account, I already have Laura and Sophie, but I was wondering about the rest, mine's aboutfranne btw ;) ))

He hit me... Fintan hit me... But it wasn't him was it? Well it was his body that walked towards me and his hand that slapped me, but his eyes were the only thing that were actually his. I think he's just under a curse by Majora. 

"Just let us go," I whisper. 

"What is that?" Majora asks. 

"Please, just don't... don't kill us..." I whisper. In the past, I would never be the person to plead but I'm scared out of my mind right now, and we are so close to death...

Majora laughs. "It seems as if a slap of your little boyfriend can't make you shut up, pretty girl. If Caoilainn didn't deserve death more, you would already be dead. It's just so rude to speak to people who stand higher then you, especially when you don't have the right to speak. So be polite and keep your big mouth shut for the rest of the time you still have on this earth, which, as I can assure you, is not very long."

I swallow hard, and stay quiet. 

Posted (edited)

"Now," Majora mutters, turning those harrowing round eyes back to Caoilainn. "You," he spits. "It's time for a little education."

I begin to move once again. My hands grip Caoilainn roughly by the arm and I pull her from the line. She lets out a verbal protest as I drag her up the steps towards Majora. Her body shakes beneath my hands - it's the first time that I've ever known Caoilainn to be... fragile. My fingers grip her shoulders, forcing her onto her knees in front of the giant beast. She's wearing an expression that combines fear and defiance, she won't go down without a fight.

"Are you humbled by my work?" Majora asks with a sneer. "Your friends have been captured. Your precious 'Hero' and the mortal Goddess are within my clasp. I even have your beloved mission leader under my command, ready to cater to my every whim. And you- well you're about to kiss goodbye to your existence."

Those harrowing yellow eyes turn to me, malevolence glowing within them. "How would you feel if your little leader were the one who slashed your throat?" Caoilainn says nothing, wriggling uncomfortably. My stomach churns at the thought. Majora leans back on it's throne, drinking in the atmosphere. "Any last words?"

"I-"

"Hey! Majora!"

All eyes turn to find two armed figures standing in the entrance way to the room. I'd recognise those faces anywhere - Sault and Leoni.

Sault steps forward, his sword raised. "Hands of my girlfriend!" he spits.

(( Apologies for jumping the gun boys... it was the best way to change the power dynamics in the scene. You can go back a little and write out the scene with Dark Link if you like! ))