Establishing Hyrule

566 posts in this topic

Posted

I sit atop the Knight Academy, staring out over Skyloft and the surrounding areas. As I watch the Hylains go about their lives, it occurs to me how easily they've settled into life on the Surface. And it's as I sit there, watching these people living their new, but perfectly contented lives that it occurs to me that I have no idea what I'm doing here.

I don't mean here, on top of the Knight Academy. I mean here.... here in the Hylian settlement. We've completed our mission, and we've helped to settle the Hylians down here on the ground. There's no purpose for the Sheikah to be here any more. We don't belong here.

We're the Shadow Guardians, and we need to restore that.

Just then, Melaina comes, sitting herself down gently next to me. Her eyes are puffy, like she's been crying. But that's hardly surprising. We've all been crying.

"It was stupid," she mutters,looking out over the settlement as the sun sets.

I turn, looking at her, beautiful as her skin is bathed in the orange sunset. "What was?" I ask.

She lets out a deep breath that I didn't know she was holding, and says "I was only upset because now that you're chief... I'm worried there won't be any time for us..."

Relief washes over me, and I can't help but smile. She jabs her elbow into me, looking irritated.

"What are you grinning at?!" She snaps.

I smile. "Just because I'm chief doesn't mean I care any less about you... I will always find the time for you."

She smiles softly, her hand slips into mine. "Promise?"

"Promise."

She kisses me then. And it's in that moment, when our lips lock for the first time in too long, that I know that I will spend the rest of my life with this girl.

I sigh, eventually pulling away from here. "We can't stay here..." I mutter. "This isn't our place..."

Posted

((Thanks! :D  Oh, and if you guys need help writing up the rest of Adventure In Skyloft I'd be happy to pitch in as well. How's that coming along?))

Posted

As I complete my meditation, I can feel a small warmth inside. It's not much, but it lets me know that Sault has filled a bit of that void himself in passing. I stand and stretch, and I walk among the houses of Skyloft as the residents begin to make themselves at home again. During the next few days or so, I help wherever needed, watching over children or carrying personal belongings, but I don't feel right. It's almost as though this is no longer my home. I've been away and traveling for so long that settling down to a life of day-to-day chores with people I haven't seen in years doesn't appeal to me anymore. I search for Fintan, but he seems to have made himself scarce. I finally spot him atop the Academy with Melaina (unsurprisingly), and I climb up the building to join them.

"We can't stay here..." I hear Fintan say, trailing off.

"Neither can I. It's been too long, and I'm too used to your guys' way of life. I'm not meant to sit at home and do menial jobs; I know that I am meant to explore the surface, and to protect it from all who would threaten it," I say. Melaina looks surprised, but Fintan seems to understand.

"So... How is this going to work?" Melaina asks.

"I don't know," he says. "But we'll make it work somehow."

Posted

((Nayru, If this isn't what Fintan meant, tell me and I'll edit this post ;) ))

Leoni walks away, and I look at Fintan. "So you want to leave the Sheikah camp?" 

He shakes his head. "I can't do that now that I'm the chief."

"What do you mean then? I don't understand what you mean by we can't stay here..." I admit.

He sighs. "It's just, our group is meant to be adventuring... There is so much to discover on the surface!" 

"I know that," I reply. "But you can't...."

"Maybe we can," he says, holding my hands. "I think that we should build a community with an actual town and such, and then, we can do whatever we want."

I nod. "I like that idea. Will the Hylians and Sheikah live together though?" 

"I don't see a reason why not, but I do think that they serve different purposes. The Sheikah will protect the Hylians, and the Hylians will make sure that there is a community with enough food, shelter, and everything needed to live. We'll take care of each other and make something of this." 

"You thought a lot about this, didn't you?" I smile. 

He smiles too. "Maybe..." 

Posted

Fintan relays his plans to move the Sheikah camp to us, somewhere that we can both help and protect the Hylians as Shadow Guardians.

The plan is one that makes sense to all of us and benefits both parties. Fintan seems excited at the opportunity to finally have the chance to really prove himself as a leader, and it seems he and Melaina have worked out the problems they were having. They stand hand in hand as Fintan gives us the news, Melaina beaming with pride for him.

As for me, I'm happy to go wherever the Sheikah are going. The Sheikah are family, are home to me. Half-demon or not, I am a Sheikah in my heart, and Fintan can do with all the man force he needs, I'm sure.

And so I look toward the future with a surprising amount of optimism, for once not looking on the bad side of things. Sault is with me, somewhere, and I've finally come to terms with myself and my abilities.

And for the first time in a long, long while, I'm content.

Posted

Slowly, the plans begin to take shape. The construction of a new settlement around the fallen island begins, one that allows the Sheikah to live integrated amongst the Hylains. It's the easiest way to for us to protect them subtly.

In this new settlement, Melaina and I build a cosy little home our own, and we fill it with our hearts and memories. We won't spend all of our time here, what with so much out there for us in the surface, but it's a lovely feeling to have a home to return to. I know that sentiment is shared by my friends, who live close to us.

"It's remarkable," I say one afternoon as we stroll into the centre of the new town. "To see all these people living under the harmonious rule protected by Hylia..."

"Hylia's rule..." Caoilainn mutters, thoughtful. "Hyrule..."

I smile. "I think I like that..."

And maybe its just sentiment, but I can't help but think that this is how things were meant to be, right from the start.

((And I think that's my last post for Fintan! I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for doing this RP with me. I've had loads of fun and I hope you did too! Knuckle, you'll want to speak to Franne about the fanfiction, she's in charge of writing at the moment! And I'm really looking forward to your RP! I hope to see you all there!

-Sophie xx))

Knuckle likes this

Posted

((I've had such fun with this RP, for my first time it was very enjoyable! I had a great time with all of you, and I'm really excited for Knuckle's new RP!

-Laura xo))

Posted

((Thanks! I'll be posting that new RP either at the end of this week or the beginning of next. I really can't thank you guys enough for this experience, it's been wonderful :D))

((Also thanks for the tip Nayru, I'll be in contact with Franne about AiS!)

Posted

In the end, bob the cadaver learned all he needed to be happy in life was to be bob the cadaver, not anyone else.

((yeah this RP was a lot of fun guys! It was great to do!))

Posted

((Thanks for the great RP, Nayru, I really enjoyed it! I'm glad that we've created this new world to escape to! I'm also excited about Knuckle's new RP!))

Posted

(( This was such a wonderful expercience! I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to RP with you guys next time ))