Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T1g's D&D Isle of Dread Campaign

126 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I want to try running a D&D Next campaign myself, largely out of curiosity to see if i can do it, and if I can, it can serve as practice for other campaigns. The campaign would be using a pregen called Isle of Dread. If people are interested, I can provide the required D&D Next playtest packet.

The basic premise of Isle of Dread is as follows: the players are on a deserted island for reasons, probably because they heard there was treasure or they got stranded there or something. I haven't fully decided on why you guys are on the island because I don't know what kinds of characters people are going to be playing. Whatever the case, the party has an overarching goal that requires exploring the Isle of Dread.

Cue the player map.

player_map.jpg

The players for reasons acquire this rough map of the Isle of Dread. A hex is 6 miles, and you can traverse a hex in 2-3 hours (depending on terrain). The whole point of the campaign is exploration, and although the players can get nudged in certain directions ("beware of the cursed swamp about 20 miles northeast from here", etc.), what they do and where they go is up to them. It's exploration and adventure and that's cool shut up. The focus of the campaign will be more focused on the exploration than the combat, but there will be fighting too. No Exp though, puppy exp. You gain a level when I think you did enough to deserve it. So don't worry about grinding wolves or whatever.

That is everything you need to know about the Isle of Dread campaign. It would be weekly at the bare minimum, and would be held over skype calls, and there is some software to help with this sort of thing

So yeah I am trying to get that campaign going. if you guys can't do it that's fine, I can get the game going IRL instead with some other friends. I just thought I would ask you guys too because why not. Again, this is because I am curious if I can actually be a DM. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

And no pheo, you cannot be the Goose Knight and you cannot be a character who tries to enslave the party. I would like the campaign to treated at least half seriously, and I am sure you can come up with characters that aren't meant to troll the campaign

People Confirmed (going with 3-5 players, this is a first come first serve basis):

• Knuckle Dropped out due to school (Cleric, Spellcaster/Healer)
  • Sahaqiel (Bard, mind games?)
  • ElwayGuy7 (Paladin, Tank/Evil Smiter)
  • emsomniac (Druid, spell caster / bear?)
  • Necro (substitute player)

Posted

Sure, never done this before but it might be cool :D

Posted

I will send the playtest packet (minus the DM stuff) to anyone who is interested. I haven't decided on party size yet. Probably 3-5 would be best

Posted

Sign me up

T1g likes this

Posted

oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan now i am really excited

sending you necessary files via skype

Posted

come on I am sure at least one more of you is interested in this campaign

Posted

I'm interested, really interested. I just can't do it. I'm sorry. :c

Posted

Dang :<

Knuckle brought this up, and I realized I didn't mention anything on it, but you can't roll evil characters. Evil characters aren't a good idea unless the whole party and campaign are evil and tailored towards that fact

Posted

I would like to join, but what kind of time commitment is this? I am really busy with exams and choir this time of year, so I can't do a lot except on the weekends...

Oh, i forgot how much bullshit skype is... Maybe not, unless you used G+....

Posted

This will be once a week probably, only more frequently if people want to do so. Can't do much about the Skype thing, though

Posted

Maybe. Put me down as a maybe...

Posted

Man I don't even have time for a DND campaign but even if I did WHY WOULD I JOIN IF I COULDNT BE GLORIOUS SIR GALLIHAX

Posted

Yeah its basically whatever time works best for people

and pheo we both know you would be equally as satisfied with being A Soldier Of The Imperial Legion and punishing lawbreakers everywhere

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

im down

Posted

Question: Is it okay to do audio only? I trust you guys, but this is the Internet, so i don't think video chat of me is a good idea... And I might be down, idk... A weekend day would be best for me, I would consistently have free time there, as opposed to weekdays, where I have no idea whether I have the evening free until that evening.

Basically, if its during the week, I probably can't do it (unless it's summer vacation), but if it's on the weekends, i'm down!