Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T1g's D&D Isle of Dread Campaign

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't read Knuckle, we'll see you soon. <3

The game begins, I immediately attempt to roll to eat all our rations. I think I failed or something. I roll to introduce myself to everyone. I roll a 3 so my introduction sucks. We decide to head east. We set up camp near a volcano, I take a night watch shift and start playing my guitar loudly, trying to wake up my comrades/scare away animals maybe, it doesn't work, I get pounced on by a tiger, nearly die with 3HP remaining, and use my turn directly after to attempt to sing a song dedicated to ElwayGuy as I crawl away, but I lose the performance roll and am too scared to sing. Mystery girl shows up and beats the tiger down. I try to serenade her with a song dedicated to ElwayGuy. It fails...

Later we try to chase her down but she's too fast and too jungle-savvy. We get attacked by lizard people. I try to do a Call to Battle song, about murdering Emsomniac. The GM thinks this may rally the lizards rather than us, but I make the point that they only speak Draconic and I sang it in Gnomish, which he has to concede. I get beat down and have to run away. So far Emso has been carrying us in damage with her fireball and Elway is absorbing hits but keeps missing swings. Mystery girl shows up again, beats lizardfolk down, crits twice, one-shots the lizardfolk more often than not. We call her Critolthiel, after Cirt, and mad crits. She's lookin' at me so I'm like sup, so I try to do something dumb and give her my scarf to be an anime main character. She ain't havin' it. She rolls a 20 to interrupt me because she's got mad crits and hands me a book made by my uncle, the plot reason I'm here. We learn that he's dead. I ain't even mad. We ask her to direct us to the nearest village, and she's alright with that. We travel east, and pitch tents to rest. After much hesitation they let me keep watch again. I roll a 15 to sing a lullaby to my comrades while they sleep, which Emso did not find amusing...

so later we wake up and we travel east again, then we're introduced to the tigerfolk, called Rakasta. Everyone rolls intellect on the discovery I think, but fails. I've got bardic knowledge so the GM's like "you recall tales of a forgotten race" I laugh and say "tails" and everyone laughs and I say "I roll to stress the pun." I rolled a 12. GM wears painful grin and says "Everybody groans." A Rakasta waves at Crit warmly I say "I stop the party to note the tiger waving and say, 'Hold on guys, paws'" Everyone laughs. "I roll to stress the pun." I roll a 19. Everyone ingame is looking at me with an exasperated look.

Turns out the Rakasta's name is Jarako and he speaks in Common so we had no need for translation. Regardless, Emso, our druid, turns into a cat and starts rolling around in catnip. We all wonder if this is racist. Emso jumps on Tigerman's shoulder and purrs. Tigerman is uncomfortable. Jarako is hospitable nonetheless and asks us to hunt with him. We go hunting, Elway rolls like, a 1, Emso rolls a 20 I think. Then we're attacked by lizardfolk again... At this point Emso was too high on acid and we were all getting kinda' tired, so we called it a night.

T1g likes this

Posted

Knuckle is now caught up with the party, i am going to edit this post talking about what happened. Spoiler tags aren't necessary anymore, but these posts are probably going to be somewhat lengthy so i will use the tags anyway

Knuckle wakes up on the beach on a peninsula south of the rest of the party's starting point, alone

Travels north, does not watch where he is going and walks into a giant spider web. Gets in fight with spider and repeatedly fails to break free from webs. Eventually wins and continues north

Uses Augury Spell to decide if he should head east, it tells that is both a good idea and bad idea, so he heads east

Wanders into the territory of an adolescent ankylosaurus, which proceeds to chase him. He flees, and is almost trampled. I give him a d20 roll to see if he gets lucky

He rolls a 20

A green dragon swoops down and snatches the large ankylosaurus off the ground and flies away with it. Knuckle is saved by a hungry dragon

Knuckle reaches some tar pits, is attacked by a giant snake, which he kills with ease

2 lizardfolk who were camouflaged using tar leap out to attack knuckle, knuckle tries to flee but trips and falls prone

I remind knuckle he is a cleric specialized in lighting things on fire. He kills the lizardfolk

Knuckle discovers signs of the Nomadic Rakasta settlement, as well as paw tracks leading north. He asks Augury if he should follow, Augury says it's a good idea, he follows and stumbles upon the party at the beginning of the encounter with the lizardfolk, and is now rejoined with the party

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Those puns are...Fangtastic?

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

god dammit

Posted

o awesome, Knukkl has joined the party...

Also Knuckle seems like a lucky duck so far.

Posted

Knuckle was actually pretty unlucky a lot of the time, he had a lot of bad rolls that kept getting him into the situations he was in (i.e. even encountering an ankylosaurus by himself is possibly one of the most unlucky things that could happened), and frankly if he hadn't succeeded on that luck roll (the roll that triggered when the ankylosaurus caught up with him), he probably would have died, or at least been maimed badly

Posted

but he made it

he is a lucky duck

Posted

he also failed to break free from spider webs for 3 turns, so the spider had advantage on all his attack rolls and knuckle had disadvantage

Posted

but he survivivivivieiveieveididididdd

Posted

True.

Posted

Btw saha, I think I forgot to give the tiger an opportunity attack on you when you crawled away from it, so that probably saved your life

Posted

Yup, Saha should be dead. He was basically lizard-folk bait anyway....

XD

Posted

It wasn't so much "bait" so much as it was "they figured out they can't hit the tank so they picked easier prey"

Posted (edited)

So, in a nutshell, saha should've died. Because he can't hit anyone with a guitar.

XD

Edited by ElwayGuy7 (see edit history)

Posted

to be fair I haven't actually tried yet...